• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Shadow Robo Blast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kaos the Hedgehog

Yes Shadow Robo Blast. I've been working on it for three months and only have three levels partially completed. I need some of your input/ ideas.

Can't really give any input or ideas without you showing anything off or telling us anything.

Screenies, plz?

You see, that's the problem. All I have are sketches on grid paper. If you give me about a week I'll post the first level. K?
As for info, all I have to say is no guns :cry:, and the levels might seem familiar, exept you haven't seen them on SRB2.

Not exactly. Just a good idea though. I think it will have over 12 levels or something, depending on my patience level.

Umm if you give me about a month :roll: I might have it halfway completed.

In general, it's a bad idea to post before you've actually got anything.

Paper and in-game are very different things, as things drawn out on paper may or may not work well in the actual game, as well as the fact that often revisions have to be made between the two.

It's not possible to give feedback before anything is started, really.

Kaos the Hedgehog said:
I think it will have over 12 levels or something
Umm if you give me about a month I might have it halfway completed.
6 levels atleast...
Kaos the Hedgehog said:
If you give me about a week I'll post the first level. K?
1 level in a week. That leaves the other 5 levels 3 weeks.
Mystic said:
Paper and in-game are very different things, as things drawn out on paper may or may not work well in the actual game, as well as the fact that often revisions have to be made between the two.
I planned EPZ and Metal Flower Zone on paper first, it worked very well, and it didn't leave me thinking what to do next while I was making the maps.

In general, I'm surprised how many people go straight for the mods, and not taking part in the contests... but I hope this mod will be done.

Some guy2 said:
I planned EPZ and Metal Flower Zone on paper first, it worked very well, and it didn't leave me thinking what to do next while I was making the maps.
I know, it's a great way to plan stuff out, but frequently one needs to do little modifications and occasionally large changes because of things that don't make sense in the actual game.

Well, it depends on how outragous your ideas are, really. Triad Trials and Hidden Palace went perfectly from paper to map-maker (yay rhymes), while Aerial Factory, in particular, was changed a lot from the paper design, based on what I could put in and still keep the framerate managable.

I just put what's in my head on paper, but if I'd really need a grid or anything, then I'd reccomend drawing your level's blueprint in Flash.

Y2Jake said:
Shadow Robo Blast...? No thanks.. I'll pass.

What are ya'? Nuts?

Shadow robo blast sounds like a great idea. I say go for it.

Hehe, I don't need anything for aligning. Works always with numbers like 2^n (2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048, 4096, 8192, 16384, 32768, 65536, etc.) and its deritatives gives me enough capacity for don't need something for align.

Sik said:
Hehe, I don't need anything for aligning. Works always with numbers like 2^n (2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048, 4096, 8192, 16384, 32768, 65536, etc.) and its deritatives gives me enough capacity for don't need something for align.

*trys to understand* *fails* What?

What are ya'? Nuts?

Shadow robo blast sounds like a great idea. I say go for it.

Some say I'm nuts, some say I'm stupid but I just don't think this idea is..., what's the word, original...?

I do use grid paper. And I expect to make certain changes. Now I might just say to disregard the expected release date because everyone has a sudden urge to use the computer when I need on it.

I can't wait until I get a laptop. :roll:

As for it being original, I've been wanting to do one ever since Sonic X showed it's Project Shadow episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back