Stuff to put in 1.09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Omega the Hedgehog said:
Somebody should mess around with that and make a sniper mode.
It's disabled in multiplayer. Trust me, you used to be able to use it in multi. It was plain sick.

Why? I would imagine that would make multiplayer better, considering you'd have an extreme aiming advantage but wouldn't be able to move, thus being an incredible easy target. Seems pretty rounded to me.

No, you can move just fine. Not to mention it only works in OpenGL.

Trust me, I used it for a little bit. It was totally and completely insane. Go try it in Demo 1.04 yourself.

You CAN move just fine, but the distorted FOV makes it pretty dang hard to see where you're going.

Incidentally, playing single-player with the FOV set at, oh, say, 135, is pretty slick. It ALMOST reveals how Xtreme was done... just increase the number of vertices substantially and watch the magic.

There's a console variable in 1.08 you can turn on that will dynamically adjust the GR_FOV depending on how fast you're moving.... I forget what it's called, browse the HELP.

Mmm... only seems to modify it when you're actually RUNNING as opposed to walking, and MAN does it switch back quickly... an interesting effect to be sure, but also pretty minute. Is it possible to modify that to be ludicrously big?

I just played SRB2 with GR_FOVCHANGE on and GR_FOV at 160.
Felt like I was running really really fast. It was awesome.
But now my sense pf perspective is a bit goofed. @.@

SRB2-Playah said:
But now my sense pf perspective is a bit goofed. @.@
Yeah, that happens when you play it for a while.. I could swear I saw mIRC stretching after playing with the FOV changed o.o.

There needs to be a special that makes you run in a certain direction as long as you are in the tagged sector.. maybe allow strafing or turning, but keep the character running in the same general direction. It would be great for Sonic 2-esque special stages.

Wow, this is 158 pages! Maybe, you could try a slight blur effect as you go faster. It may not work in the software renderer, but it would still be pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 23, Members: 0, Guests: 23)

Back