SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > SRB2 Discussion

Old 08-01-2009   #861
CobaltBW
I do things sometimes

I actually expected the lance guard robot to be a bit tougher, so perhaps he could have an extra hit point and a pinch mode, sort of like the crawla commander.

Check out my soundcloud profile for music stuff
CobaltBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009   #862
on Edge

Eggman's mechs have always been pretty big. Implementing a system to handle multiple items in conjunction to make one big boss would be cool. The final boss is a good example of the general idea: only the cockpit takes damage, but the mech is much bigger than just the cockpit. The objects could be sticky, so that instead of trying to SOC/hardcode positions, the mech spawns and instantly makes attachments. If necessary, attachment nob items could be implemented. A basic cockpit without fighting capabilities could be made, and then pulled around by various legs or front pieces. Guns could have individual items to vary attack range, blind spots, and attack density/frequency. Obscure snake eggmans, walker eggmans, tower, spacecraft, and bipedal eggmans are possable. You may need some righter pieces to pull upwards and make sure eggman doesn't fall over.
on Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009   #863
ZeldaGamer00
That guy who does things

If a player jumps into a water (or possibly slime) FOF with a Electric shield in match or CTF, have it shock all players within a certain distance who're in the FOF (The shock range being about the same as the Armageddon shield would be nice. (Also, the reason I didn't suggest it also being in Tag/H&S is that it would be a little overpowered))
ZeldaGamer00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009   #864
Zanyhead
Mimigas' Rights Activist

Remove the display of title cards in Time Attack, they become obstructive when doing crucial thoks in GFZ.
Old 08-02-2009   #865
Bigboi

Making Race mode levels available in Time Attack.
Bigboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009   #866
Prime 2.0
Grape flavored
Administrator

Restore inherent collision to thing spikes. I know you removed it to encourage the use of invisible/solid FOFs that use the spike special, because this has better collision, but this is a hamper on every reason you would use a thing spike to begin with.

1: It makes placing and altering placement of spikes more complex, especially if you're doing it post-optimization, or if it's on an area with FOFs. Many map makers will simply not use spikes rather than jumping through the hoops to put them in as-is.

2: Forcing the person to use a sector for spikes means having to put in a whole new sector, which makes it more resource intensive than it has to be; What if I wanted to place spikes in Botanic Serenity Zone? In a 2D level where it would require the placement of several new FOFs?

3: And this is the most damning of them all, that the invisible/solid/spike FOF that gives the 2.0 spikes their collision cannot duplicate the dynamic vertical movement of an object. If I wanted to place a spike in CEZ2's second exit path, or on a crumbling platform, I'd be right ****ed.

I really don't think this can wait for 2.1 to be fixed.

You will be able to use the old thing collision by checking the deaf flag on spikes in 2.0.5. -Jazz
Science tells us that nothing can be proven, only rendered more likely to be true. If we do not question what we already know, how can we know, much less admit, when we're wrong? Such things are vital to progress.

Last edited by Jazz; 08-28-2009 at 03:42 PM.
Prime 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009   #867
Fawfulfan
The Tortured Planet guy

Are animated skyboxes possible? If not, make it possible.
Old 08-02-2009   #868
Joat
Gum Phoenix

Nobody seemed to have objection to these in the suggestion topic, so here is a goodly-sized list of potential new double-jump abilities.

- Self-destruct: An explosion triggers, damaging all nearby players/enemies, including the user. If this is done in Match or a like mode, it awards the user no points for catching other players in the blast area (lest it become overpowered). Multiability allows the user to do this while they are blinking or invincible, whereas they normally could not.
- Splash: The user drops flames/slime/whatever (we could have an option for different objects), much akin to the Egg Slimer (except the flames/slime/etc goes awy more quickly). Other than this, it acts as a 0-speed thok. The color of the flames/slime/etc is the same as the color of the user. Multiability increases the splash area.
- Triangle Jump: Like the current thok, but allows you to stick to walls for a short time. Multiability makes you stick to the wall a bit longer.
- Whirlwind: Summons a whirlwind around the user, destroying all very-nearby robots. Multiability makes it so that this ability does not force you out of a spin.
- Barrier: Gives you abilities much akin to those in Sonic 3 (that is, abilities depending on the barrier you have, or the lack thereof). Multiability improves the unbarriered ability.

And here are some additional things I thought of:

There should be a “Once for each player” linedef executor trigger.

Last edited by Jazz; 08-28-2009 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Removed things that will not be implemented.
Joat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009   #869
Torgo
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime 2.0
Restore inherent collision to thing spikes.
I rather have a deaf flag for spikes that would allow this option, as it can be useful for a situation like putting spikes on conveyor belts, or something like that. This thing is ticked for a 2.1 release, though I am unsure if it will be implemented.

I think you probably already know this, but you wouldn't have to put a sector on every little thing spike. If you have a cluster of them, then you can just make it one fof over the cluster.
Torgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009   #870
Jellybones
Lawful Neutral

Could hosting be made easier? It's very frustrating to foward ports and all that so you can just host.
Jellybones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009   #871
Kaysakado

Allow for turning while riding a waterslide, just make it so that your controls are based as if you were facing forward. It could make waterslide more useful for Match/CTF maps because, you know, you can actually AIM.
Old 08-03-2009   #872
verifiaman
The master of verification.

more tidal palace textures
Old 08-03-2009   #873
Eblo

Make it so checking the "No Climb" flag on an FOF linedef prevents the player from climbing on its side. For example, the invisible FOF in ACZ can be climbed on, but this would fix that problem.
Eblo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009   #874
Morph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigboi
Ringslinger would be cool if enemies could take more than one hit.
Eeerm they can... You just have to turn on/off shootable each time the enemy gets hit.

Check out the wiki: http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Object_Creation_Tutorial or read the original one: http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=30906
Morph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009   #875
Morph

Another soc action that might come in handy:

Code:
// Function: A_CallStateIfHurt
//
// Description: Calls a special state depending on the object's current health
//
// var1 = if health <= var1 call state
// var2 = if 0 call raisestate; if 1 call meleestate; if 2 call missilestate; else call xdeathstate
//
void A_CallStateIfHurt(mobj_t *actor)
{	 
    int locvar1 = var1;
	 int locvar2 = var2;

if(actor->health <= locvar1)
     {
        if(locvar2==0)P_SetMobjState(actor, actor->info->raisestate);
        else if(locvar2==1)P_SetMobjState(actor, actor->info->meleestate);
        else if(locvar2==2)P_SetMobjState(actor, actor->info->missilestate);
        else P_SetMobjState(actor, actor->info->xdeathstate);
     }
}
This makes it possible to implement enemies similar to the Crawla Commander or to create boss flag unchecked bosses with a panic mode.

Check out the wiki: http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Object_Creation_Tutorial or read the original one: http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=30906
Morph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009   #876
Kalaron

Fix the zombie bug for good, if consistency protection causes players to shift map coordinates suddenly, why not just put a few checks in p_user.c perhaps? Maybe something like:

Code:
if (netgame) // bug occurs with consistency protection
		if (!(player->pflags & PF_SLIDING) &&
		(onground && (player->mo->state == &states[player->mo->info->painstate])))
			P_SetPlayerMobjState(player->mo, S_PLAY_STND);
bellow the "// If you are stopped and are still walking, stand still!" code in P_PlayerMove.
Kalaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009   #877
jet
Jet the Hedgehog

For bosses you could zoom in on the boss and say its name then fight it and when there is three hits left the music could speed up.

Add your WADs to the SRB2 Shelter!!!! It's awesome!

Add your WADs to SRB2 Shelter!!!
jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009   #878
Conic

Master Server news showing up on the list games page. I really don't think that many people actually go to ms.srb2.org.
Conic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009   #879
Kaysakado

Can we have ms.srb2.org display ping/amount of players/if the game is modified/gametype plox

Last edited by Jazz; 08-28-2009 at 03:45 PM.
Kaysakado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009   #880
verifiaman
The master of verification.

a seperate sequence flag for zoom tubes and polyobjects?