A netgame user (A very bad one)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Dark Fox said:
Usario: Yes, it doesn't work. It just prevents them from joining untill the netgame shuts down.

Bummer D=

If it bans them like the master server does then it would be better i suppose but then with them simply changing there ip >.<

The Dark Fox said:
Usario: Yes, it doesn't work. It just prevents them from joining untill the netgame shuts down.

Or you could make a .cfg called "bans.cfg" or something. In it is
Code:
Ban <namehere>

When you run your netgame, just type in
Code:
exec bans.cfg
And you're done.

And every person that quoted The Dark Fox's thing...Spelt my name wrong...it's Usuario / SuperUsuario,Not Usario / SuperUsario.

@Jet:Yes,That works better than my idea.Wait...it will always execute it right?

SparkTheHedgehog said:
Anyways this person is annoying. If he is a hacker like sonic 18 said then hmmm...I've got a plan. Sonic Destiny if your right and he is on this forum? How will he know it's me in a netgame though? I can setup my player and change my name before joining a netgame easy. So anyway I've got a plan, but of course I'm not going to release it to the public nor anyone.
Good plan, and good thinking.

JetTheHawk said:
The Dark Fox said:

Or you could make a .cfg called "bans.cfg" or something. In it is
Code:
Ban <namehere>

When you run your netgame, just type in
Code:
exec bans.cfg
And you're done.

Failure. SRB2 has no idea which IP's to attach to the names, (because they're probably not in the game) so you are error.

Yes it does; it just doesn't show it (IP address looking has been added in a few EXE mods already (SRB2Live for example)). If it couldn't resolve the IPs of the joiners, how would you expect it to work?

._.

He meant before the user has even joined, the game has no idea that User123 is on the IP 123.123.123.123, does it? =P

Draykon said:
My take on the previous said:
There's this user, he goes by the name of "Your ****" Sometimes he calls himself "Owner" though. He's got these weird powers. He can conceal his identity by speaking through yellow text. I'm not sure what, but I get this weird feeling whenever he's joined. Like, some strange force. Something dark. Something evil. We need to try and stop him.

Sorry, couldn't resist. Anyways, netgame trolls will always exist. The obvious solution is to ban them upon sight. Do that, and there's really no problem.

I agree. Hackers will exist forever. Just spam & ban. Thats my motto! Just spam h & then ban the hacker noob. Simple as that. Then turn off your comp really fast to avoid hacking. Hackers can use programs to find your IP Asress & use it to hack you. Thats how hackers get you. Just spam at the hacker, ban them, & turn off your computer. Simple.

Superusuario said:
sonic260 said:
Simsmagic said:
sonic260 said:
but the problem with banning someone, when you ban them they come right back, how do we stop that?
That's kicking. Banning prevents a user from joining again until a certain command is used or until the server shuts down.

No i meant that in this netgame i was in, the host kept banning this guy (yes it was the "ban" command) and that person kept coming back no matter how many times he was banned.

I think that i know the answer...
1:Gets banned and quits srb2
2:Makes something to change the IP
3:Comes back

Yes...the ''Ban'' Command just bans the IP from joining the server but now that he can change IP...We just can wait with the ban command when he comes again,Fairly simple.
@The dark fox:But that doesn't means that the ban command doesn't works...Just works once per game per...person's IP?That is my answer to this.

I know but this one time people banned me from a server for no reason at all and I was able to get back on without changing my IP

DarkSagaFromSegaLMA0 said:
Draykon said:
There's this user, he goes by the name of "Your ****" Sometimes he calls himself "Owner" though. He's got these weird powers. He can conceal his identity by speaking through yellow text. I'm not sure what, but I get this weird feeling whenever he's joined. Like, some strange force. Something dark. Something evil. We need to try and stop him.

Sorry, couldn't resist. Anyways, netgame trolls will always exist. The obvious solution is to ban them upon sight. Do that, and there's really no problem.

I agree. Hackers will exist forever. Just spam & ban. Thats my motto! Just spam h & then ban the hacker noob. Simple as that. Then turn off your comp really fast to avoid hacking. Hackers can use programs to find your IP Asress & use it to hack you. Thats how hackers get you. Just spam at the hacker, ban them, & turn off your computer. Simple.

Please don't bump old threads, and a hacker cannot really be banned anyway. I encountered one.

Kopper said:
DarkSagaFromSegaLMA0 said:
Draykon said:

Please don't bump old threads, and a hacker cannot really be banned anyway. I encountered one.
Don't we?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back