Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > SRB2 Discussion

Old 06-01-2013   #3841
SeventhSentinel
FM synths forever
Developer

Spoiler: Quote from Monster Iestyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Iestyn View Post
Question is, how well would it look in actual 3D though? Remember you'd be wrapping the texture around a circular sector (or square?). The bottom bit probably wouldn't turn out well either way unless you made it a seperate texture.

And besides which, yeah, the whole point of THZ2's red button being red is to stand out - when you're being attacked by a turret rapidly firing at you, the last thing you'd really want in that instance is to have to go button hunting (remember 1.09.4 CEZ?).

There are also numerous other ways to make a button besides that design, depends on what style you're going for!

I was going to edit the crap out of it. You raise some good points there.
Old 06-01-2013   #3842
TSDude
Lack of tea

You can still do it, just try and make it look good and stand out from the other textures.
-IMO it probably looks better in 2d mode.
Old 06-01-2013   #3843
TehRealSalt
Ya Gal Sal Here (σᴥσ)
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Iestyn View Post
Question is, how well would it look in actual 3D though? Remember you'd be wrapping the texture around a circular sector (or square?). The bottom bit probably wouldn't turn out well either way unless you made it a seperate texture.

And besides which, yeah, the whole point of THZ2's red button being red is to stand out - when you're being attacked by a turret rapidly firing at you, the last thing you'd really want in that instance is to have to go button hunting (remember 1.09.4 CEZ?).

There are also numerous other ways to make a button besides that design, depends on what style you're going for!
Ah, that makes sense. Though, I do wish there was a way to make it prettier.

Last edited by TehRealSalt; 06-02-2013 at 05:54 AM.
TehRealSalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013   #3844
TSDude
Lack of tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic100000 View Post
Ah, that makes sense. Though, I do wish there was a way to make it prettier.
There are many things that you could do to make it looks nicer and stand out all it takes is imagination, ideas and testings. I would make the button into a fake egg capsule like the ones in Fly Battery Zone (Sonic & Knuckles). And that when you step on it...
Well you get the picture.
Old 06-08-2013   #3845
TehRealSalt
Ya Gal Sal Here (σᴥσ)
Developer

How about keeping it red, but adding a more metallic texture to it? Similar to F_METAL1 but red.
Old 06-08-2013   #3846
TSDude
Lack of tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic100000 View Post
How about keeping it red, but adding a more metallic texture to it? Similar to F_METAL1 but red.
That would make it look like a shiny red button, you could do that if you want because it will still stand out.
Old 06-09-2013   #3847
speed2411
*Speed-Roid*

Why not just keep a option of both. You can use either a sprite button or a red thing sticking out of the ground?

Spoiler:
Clearly, I controlled your mind to make you open this spoiler box. You cant resist my power!! I shall control your mind. ^_^
speed2411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013   #3848
bloodz the demonwolf
I love you for reading this

A Donation button?

That way we can give you guys money just as thanks for making an awesome game?
(I know it's supposed to be non-profitable, but it's' not like we're being forced to pay for the game or anything so... It could benefit you guys... :D)

Last edited by bloodz the demonwolf; 07-16-2013 at 12:56 AM.
bloodz the demonwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013   #3849
ThunderNova

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodz the demonwolf View Post
A Donation button?

That way we can give you guys money just as thanks for making an awesome game?
(I know it's supposed to be non-profitable, but it's' not like we're being forced to pay for the game or anything so... It could benefit you guys... :D)
Them making any money from this game in anyways, could, to my knowledge, result in copyright infringement, so I doubt that would be ever considered.
ThunderNova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013   #3850
bloodz the demonwolf
I love you for reading this

Would it really? Well that sucks.

(Off-Topic: Is that Gideon?)
Old 07-25-2013   #3851
speed2411
*Speed-Roid*

A while back, I had a color script that would not end since it would relaunch at the end. It was terrible, for I was not able to change characters, and all console commands were delayed. Can there be a command that stops scripts, wait time etc?

Spoiler:
Clearly, I controlled your mind to make you open this spoiler box. You cant resist my power!! I shall control your mind. ^_^
speed2411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013   #3852
TSDude
Lack of tea

Suggestion:
I'm not sure if I or some else had made this but how cutscenes allowing sounds to be played in them (when I say sounds I mean WAVs). It could add better effects to any cinematic moments that people want to produce.
Old 07-30-2013   #3853
Ezer.Arch
ArchPack developer

We had fun yesterday.

But it could work better if this game mode were still around:

Quote:
Ice Hockey: This mode only popped up once in Final Demo 1.08, and was designed for one single stage, Ice Hockey Zone. It was similar to CTF, the objective was to push a snowman onto the goal of the opposing team. Due to a bug, the map was not playable and the mode was subsequently removed.
From: http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Gametypes#Outdated_Gametypes

Say, I have two teams, red and blue, and a pushable object. Every time the pushable object is found within the CTF Team Base Sector it scores points and is teleported to the center of the map. The match starts could have a thing flag that defines if the player start is a red or blue team start.

Last edited by Ezer.Arch; 07-30-2013 at 02:14 PM.
Ezer.Arch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013   #3854
kyllian1212
wow im old

But the thing was that when teleporting,a glitch did that when reappearing,the object wasn't pushable anymore. I think it could probably be fixed by setting something so the object is pushable after teleporting though.
Old 07-30-2013   #3855
TSDude
Lack of tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyllian1212 View Post
But the thing was that when teleporting,a glitch did that when reappearing,the object wasn't pushable anymore. I think it could probably be fixed by setting something so the object is pushable after teleporting though.
Could it be that the flag "MF_PUSHABLE" is turned off whenever the thing is respawned?
Old 07-30-2013   #3856
Monster Iestyn
Friendly Neighbour-Hood

That may have been a bug back in 1.08, but I doubt it should happen in 2.0 at least. :P
Monster Iestyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013   #3857
JTE
Developer

Honestly the object doesn't even need to be respawned, it just needs its momentum killed and position reset to its original spawnpoint. Doesn't even need to go directly to the center of the map. Could probably even be made with a Lua script as of 2.1, just by making the ball check the tag number of the sector it's in or something.
Old 08-18-2013   #3858
Unknownlight

Suggestion: Scrap the current Mario Koopa Blast Zone and ask Fawfulfan's permission to replace it with his Pipe Towers Zone (keeping the old name, of course).

As it currently stands, MKBZ is hideous and utterly atrocious in every conceivable way. Unlocking it resembles more of a punishment than it does a reward. It is completely unsalvageable and would need to be remade from scratch to be any good.

Of course, you guys have much better things to do than remake an ancient and trivial bonus level, so it's lucky that Fawfulfan already made a mostly-perfect Mario level that you can replace MKBZ with. It's essentially good as-is without any changes, and it would be a massive improvement.
Unknownlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013   #3859
Badnik
Local stage hazard

So, now that SOCs are able to use text names, it'd be useful to have an action that executes a script. Also, I say that the CTF maps should be included in the match rotation (they have all the elements for normal match in them after all) and that playing them in team match should make use of CTF's team based spawns and rings.
Badnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013   #3860
Prime 2.0
Actually a decent lazy bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badnik View Post
So, now that SOCs are able to use text names, it'd be useful to have an action that executes a script.
There seems to be a bit of confusion here; SOC deals exclusively with numbers, not strings. The text names you're referring to are enumerations, text representations of numbers that get turned back into numbers when SRB2 reads the SOC. The advantage to this over the old system, which you can technically still use, even side-by-side with this one, is that SRB2 figures out what number is being asked for, even if the number for what you want has changed due to a version switch or a certain freeslot being used already.
Science tells us that nothing can be proven, only rendered more likely to be true. If we do not question what we already know, how can we know, much less admit, when we're wrong? Such things are vital to progress.
Prime 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote