GemPlanet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll just keep it MP3. It dosent seem a difference to me, besides the final version of GemPlanet will no longer have the music and the levels in the same file(they will be seperated). I will also re-do the music wad and see how much it holds up from the levels.

The SRB2 music.dta holds 59,052KB and mines should be less than that.

If I was to add the music to the music.dta, the music.dta probaly will be over 120,000kb and you guys probaly woundn't want that to happen.

If you used the SMS music.dta, thats 191,403kb, meaning my GemPlanet music.dta and the srb2 music.dta would be less than the SMS music.dta even though it was put togehter, so I wouldnt really be concern about the file size and the music types and neither you guys.

What im saying now is that when I finish GemPlanet, it's going to be the levels and the music seperately but my version will have the music and the levels togehter since it's not a problem with me.

The main difference between MP3 and OGG, besides the compression format, is that MP3 is patented and OGG isn't. But for your case it shouldn't matter. It has been suggested to explicitly remove MP3 support (and in fact all support except from MIDI and OGG) from SRB2, but I don't think that'll happen. SRB2 just feeds FMod what's in the lump, so whatever FMod accepts will work. It's a lot easier to do that rather than checking the format of each lump to do the feeding anyways.

Also, OGG compresses a bit better than MP3 with the same quality settings. But it depends on the compressor. Sometimes OGG files get a lot smaller with the same quality settings...

bluethefox said:
Not bad. I hope to see more of your work very soon.

Thanks. I am working on the Final Version, making new levels and editing the old ones you seen to make them better.

Im gonna make this the best yet you ever played.

It's like Sonic CD all over again.

The details and everything is splendid...

*Decides to play it again*

I just wanted to say thanks for making such a great mod. The stages are big and detailed, and the music was chosen to match the stages very well. I have been hosting this mod for a few days now and many others appreciate your work on it too. I can't wait until the final release.

I liked it and I found all the emeralds (black one included) with my brother and we couldn't even turn super because it was the final boss and it's like you couldn't die in the mod.

Earuto said:
I liked it and I found all the emeralds (black one included) with my brother and we couldn't even turn super because it was the final boss and it's like you couldn't die in the mod.

Exactly, the levels are extremely easy, they need to be a lot harder.

Chrome the hedgehog said:
Earuto said:

Exactly, the levels are extremely easy, they need to be a lot harder.

O trust me. I am increasing the difficulty(That was just a scrap demo).

Aww man, thanks for you guys support. You don't know how much this means to me.

Right now, I am working my very hardest for you guys with this GemPlanet.

I even forget about doing my homework making this.

When I do all my levels, I will release a video showing clips on the levels I made and what they will look like.

So sit tight, soon you are going to play the best yet when im done.

The struggle is, I am working alone this but I am ok with it.

This will be the first wad to have a zone related to Carninval Night and Toy kingdom and all the others.

Sorry to be irritating if I am, but can you upload that 'scrap' version without all the MP3s in it? I just can't stand the fact that my computer is slow when it comes to downloading things the size of the version you uploaded on the first post.

It even took me a while to download the lastest version of SRB2 Riders, yet it took about as long as the version of GemPlanet on the first post would have taken, if I wasn't so impatient to get it... (now I feel silly for being so impatient to download it then...)

Just in case I haven't said this, GemPlanet.wad is about 60,498 kb.
When I removed all the music, it dropped down to 5,325 kb.

My netgame name is Brandon, most of you all should know. There is a chance you might see me around.

When the final version of GemPlanet is done, my new netgame name will be GemsOfEarth(I will still be Brandon as well)

Im not publicity putting your names out but, those of you people who want to ban me from your server for nothing(no reason), don't even think about having this becuase you don't deserve it.

Are you going to make a rainy level? I love rainy levels. Especially when it's in a grassy green field with trees, at night.

Chaos Knuckles said:
Are you going to make a rainy level? I love rainy levels. Especially when it's in a grassy green field with trees, at night.

Yeah Cybertrix City act 2 and X-Doom is gonna be a rainy/stormy level.

See this is what I hate about making levels.

Bad example:

srb20000-3.png

These stupid graphical glitches appearing for nothing and there is no errors.

There is something about doom builder that dosent support the sectors and linedefs.

Thats why I want to make my levels on Doom Legacy but I don't know how to set the configuration file for it.

There are some graphical glitches that are apparent and take place when a level is huge, yet featureless (hint hint, similar to almost every map in this modification).

Ash said:
There are some graphical glitches that are apparent and take place when a level is huge, yet featureless (hint hint, similar to almost every map in this modification).

What are you talking about? this level is not even big yet. I just got started making this level with 6 little sectors.

He means "if your sectors are incredibly long in one direction without walls or anything the game gives you crappy bugs."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back