The Kart Circuit Construction Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Kart Circuit Construction Contest has been cancelled and put on hiatus indefinitely due to lack of interest.

When will it be resumed? Who knows. It's clear right now though that SRB2 Kart is pretty much dead in terms of activity right now. It's unfortunate that the contest only had one run, but it was fun to organize and compete in. If SRB2 Kart starts picking up again, I might go ahead and restart this (perhaps not as a bimonthly contest though, it's clear that that isn't going to work for something like this).

Well, even though the next KCCC is on indefinite hitus right now, I must say that I was trying to make Big Blue II (I only named it that because I was trying to have it have the feel of Big Blue) as an experiment to see how well I could design a track with underwater sections. The results... showed that the main problems with the track was lag. And I will admit, I did go a bit overboard with the ice there, but it was mainly in an attempt to make people decide if they want to take it fast and risk overshooting, or take it slow and get through it. It also didn't help that I was on a hitus myself from SRB2, otherwise I would had submitted my votes in too. At least it managed to pull in a 4.4, which is not too bad, but not that good either.

(I would had submitted my Rainbow Road, if it wern't for the fact that I'd already released it before the contest started.)

I have more track ideas, I just don't feel like executing them right now, so I'm happy to wait as long as it takes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back