The Pony Thread (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'ma add my two cents worth to this, just because I think it's appropriate.

I'm not a fan. I watched the first episode (Well, the whole two-part episode). It's not my cup of tea. I have no problem with family-oriented television (Foster's immediately comes to mind). But I just don't appreciate it. I also think the whole thing has been blown way out of proportion. I can understand fanaticism, but it's EVERYWHERE. x_X

But on the flipside, I can at least give credit where it is due. It is actually a really good attempt at being a show everyone can enjoy, despite that its target audience is young female children. The fact that so many people (Especially the college-age male demographic) is a testament to the show, rather than a detriment.

Nickster99, I'm going to address you specifically. I get a cheap laugh every now and then about men my age watching My Little Pony, and I'm sure that, objectively, those people can understand why I might. But that's about it. There is no reason to have such qualms over people liking a show, especially one that's got as much positive feedback as it does right now. You're free to not like the show. You're free to get a cheap laugh at the mental picture. But don't be an idiot and tell people they're being idiots for liking a show. It really just makes you look stupid, not the other way around.

And yes. You are being incredibly offensive about this whole thing.

Ehh... I read my previous posts and all I have to say is... what the hell was telling me to write that? I'm really sorry, I guess I got all of that pent up rage from seeing almost EVERYONE on the boards having sigs and pics from a show I dread. I wouldn't really be complaining if that wasn't the case. Oh well :/ I'm prepared to get banned...
EDIT: I meant reading my first and second rants.

Last edited:
I'ma add my two cents worth to this, just because I think it's appropriate.

I'm not a fan. I watched the first episode (Well, the whole two-part episode). It's not my cup of tea. I have no problem with family-oriented television (Foster's immediately comes to mind). But I just don't appreciate it. I also think the whole thing has been blown way out of proportion. I can understand fanaticism, but it's EVERYWHERE. x_X

But on the flipside, I can at least give credit where it is due. It is actually a really good attempt at being a show everyone can enjoy, despite that its target audience is young female children. The fact that so many people (Especially the college-age male demographic) is a testament to the show, rather than a detriment.

Nickster99, I'm going to address you specifically. I get a cheap laugh every now and then about men my age watching My Little Pony, and I'm sure that, objectively, those people can understand why I might. But that's about it. There is no reason to have such qualms over people liking a show, especially one that's got as much positive feedback as it does right now. You're free to not like the show. You're free to get a cheap laugh at the mental picture. But don't be an idiot and tell people they're being idiots for liking a show. It really just makes you look stupid, not the other way around.

And yes. You are being incredibly offensive about this whole thing.
Manly tears have been shed.

1.jpg

Gentlemen!
Celebrate!

I am going to get a newspaper, cut out that Rainbow Dash picture, and put it somewhere, possibly my drawing notebook, just to be cooler.

I wanted to pick up a copy of the Wall Street Journal today, but I couldn't find any in any of those newspaper boxes around. I guess I'll just have to take a bikeride down to the News office tomorrow and see if I can get it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_nCgOoVoFw

Burnt toast, organized chaos, sister troubles! It's a new episode!

That was quite an enjoyable episode indeed. Absurd and crazy sister antics ahoy, especially the Sisterhooves Social race. Although I must say, I find myself able to relate with Sweetie Belle's relationship with her sister, heh.

80643%20-%20DINKLEBERG%20fairly_odd_parents%20rarity.jpg

Rarity's parents are also amazing.

So not only do the Apple family farm sheep, the sheep have the exact intelligence as one of the average pony citizens? Apparently, the state of Equestria advocates slavery.

Despite that one detail that they would have avoided if the sheep didn't say a damn word, this was an endearing episode. I must wonder why they needed Spike to write the letter. And this is an interesting change of pace to be focusing more on the individual characters instead of them as a group.

So not only do the Apple family farm sheep, the sheep have the exact intelligence as one of the average pony citizens? Apparently, the state of Equestria advocates slavery.

...I've got to get something straight with you, Greg. Something you seem to have forgotten.

This is a children's cartoon.

Why on god's green earth and everything sane in this world do political ties need to be connected to such a thing. I mean, my god.

Besides the point, let me pick apart how wrong this one statement is.

Think of all the other farm animals on that farm other than sheep. Like the cows and pigs. They exist similarly to human standards to provide for one-another. Like milking the cows, and even they were sentient. Sheep would provide the same idea in some manner.

And one last thing, you seem to haven't realized the words the sheep did say. "You could have asked". As in, they would volunteerly go into the pen anyway. How this would suggest any sort of "Slavery" is beyond me.

Anyway, new episode. Yes.

80963%20-%20Sweetie_Belle%20Weepy_Belle%20crying.png

mfw this episode. ;_;

I have a bone to pick, too.

THE PONIES HAVE PARENTS? THIS IS AN OUTRAGE! IT DEFIES EVERYTHING I LEARNED FROM THE SHOW BEFORE!

Here are my thoughts on the new episode

I was quite glad to see this episode. After the last two episodes (though they were enjoyable), I was starting to think they were purposely trying to attract us to the show, and forgetting it's roots. This episode relieved my fears, though, as it showed itself to have the innocence that episodes like A Bird in the Hoof and Fall Weather Friends had.

It was pretty interesting to see Rarity's parents. At first I was kind of confused, but when I realized who they were, I was quite impressed. All I can say is that it makes perfect sense that those two would raise Rarity.

Pretty nice trick at the end there, with AJ and Rarity switching places. That one certainly got me! Though, I was kind of curious, because Apple Jack covered in mud was striking me odd, because she didn't look quite like Apple Jack in form. I guess there was a reason though.

But the best part of this episode was the toast. :D

Okay then.

Might as well never show up in the topic again.

There there. . .
eagle.jpg

Inb4 not pony related picture.

Anyway, nice to see another Rarity focused episode again. In a way I felt I could relate to Rarity, considering I have three brothers and developing this notion that whatever my younger siblings do to help, I consider it to be the opposite of what I expect due to my standards. And much like Rarity, I'm either holding in my detest with patience or just getting frustrated with them, which of course isn't fair and something I'm growing out from and improving within myself.

They are by no means perfect, nor should I expect them, especially in aid, to be as such. Of course that's more or less the main reason. Anything else in regards to the activities they want me to do with them, I'm willing to do without second thought, despite that little voice telling me not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back