Making an object/boss take off and land again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyro the Magma Fox

Totally not using Hydreigon
Hi!

I have been requested to do a boss and i need to know how to make it take off and land. What do I put in the frame data/thing data? (the FLOAT flag would assume that it would never land...?)

I think the float flag simply lets an object/ actor change it's height. Without the float flag your boss would be stuck on the ground. The object "landing" is simply a mater of perspective. For example; you would certainly need to use the float flag and through a series of actions and states (perhaps including thrusts to move it up and down), make it appear to land. It could stay in a Z position and execute any actions you may have in mind before changing it's Z position again (through states) making it appear to take off.

At the core, you're gonna wanna use A_SetObjectFlags to change MF_FLOAT and MF_NOGRAVITY. (Set them to true to take off, to false to land) however, there's obviously going to be a lot of complexities- depending on exactly what you're doing. You're gonna need to be more specific.

At the core, you're gonna wanna use A_SetObjectFlags to change MF_FLOAT and MF_NOGRAVITY. (Set them to true to take off, to false to land) however, there's obviously going to be a lot of complexities- depending on exactly what you're doing. You're gonna need to be more specific.
Well, what you said could help! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back