Which level do you like/hate the most in SRB2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Off-Topic Warning* Well, I think that this should be record in speed posting, am I right? *Off-Topic Warning*

Well actually, I know they're working on it and I hope it will be pretty much good after it'll be finished. But we're criticizing the old look of GFZ. This isn't topic named "Which level do you like/hate in SRB2 2.1?"

Now we can stop.

What's with all this sudden GFZ hate? I mean, I thought the same a few months back, but to be honest, it's much better than it gets credit for. It's not like there aren't problems: The textures (especially that hideous grass flat) are very unappealing and there's alarmingly little detail in the design. Not that there should be much - the first zone should be pretty simplistic so it doesn't confuse new players - but currently, some parts are just empty. I know it's hard to strike a balance between simple and pleasant-looking, but currently, GFZ just doesn't look nearly inviting enough, especially not GFZ2 with its wide canyons full of nothing except GFZROCK.

But gameplay matters most and it's seriously not a problem. GFZ1 might seem ridiculously short to experienced players, but I know how long it took me to master the controls enough to even get to the end. It's only when you, um, control the controls that you can just rush through it. The first level should be any longer. And regarding gameplay, I don't see the issue either: The main path is pretty simple of course, but there are quite a few secrets sprinkled around the level. Obviously, the level won't surprise you anymore after you've played it ten times, but you shouldn't expect that. For that, you have GFZ2, which I doubt most of you have explored as thoroughly as it is indeed possible.

There are two problems that I have with GFZ1 though: That passage right after the bridge immediately stands out as dated because of how cramped it is. It was made at a time when the sense of scale in SRB2 was very different from what it is, and I think it's time to widen that section a bit. And that path split at the end is just seriously off balance: Everyone chooses right for good reasons.

Oh, and by the way, who ever said the dev team is working on GFZ (except for a few very minor things)?

Orginally Posted by CShadou
And finally, for what I hate, it's Silver Cascade. The rain troubles me, and causes me to stop running, and keep thokking. The weather of the map also causes me to be unable to look around.
What? I thought there was a variable option for the player to change the rain/snow density in their view...?
...Anyway, my fav is CEZ I guess. It's not too hard and not too short 'n' easy. Me likey.

There is, he probably never bothered to look in the first place.

What I like:

Egg Rock Zone Act 1 and 2 they're both long and fun levels full of multiple paths, great gimmicks, and outstanding visuals.

What I don't like:

Deep Sea Zone, mostly because I dislike water levels, but also because the lack of a good flow between certain parts, and the mostly sluggish gameplay due to the excessive use of water. I feel that they should balance the water and land sections properly, rather than making more than half of the level filled with water.

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

There is, he probably never bothered to look in the first place.

What I like:

Egg Rock Zone Act 1 and 2 they're both long and fun levels full of multiple paths, great gimmicks, and outstanding visuals.

What I don't like:

Deep Sea Zone, mostly because I dislike water levels, but also because the lack of a good flow between certain parts, and the mostly sluggish gameplay due to the excessive use of water. I feel that they should balance the water and land sections properly, rather than making more than half of the level filled with water.

I feel that they should balance the water and land sections properly, rather than making more than half of the level filled with water.
Uh, in a water level, you'd expect most of the action to take place underwater, wouldn't you?

The thing is, levels like Chemical Plant Zone and Aquatic Ruin Zone in the old Sonic games let the players be able to play nearly the entire levels out of the water if they take a high-enough path. I just kind of wished it would be the same way in Deep Sea Zone. Then again, that would just make everybody take the "higher up" path if one did exist. Also, they would probably have to redo most of the level from scratch. So I guess it's too late to do it.

Single Player

Favorite: Egg Rock 2. The challenges and gimmicks are varied, the design is original, and it's tricky enough without being impossible. Arid Canyon with its long yet enjoyable design is a close second.

Least favorite: Castle Eggman 2. As Brawl Sonic would say, "Too easy! Piece of cake!"

Match/Tag

I don't really play this gametype much, so I don't really have an opinion.

CTF

Favorite: Lime Forest. It's a good map for strategic defenses and whatnot.

Least Favorite: Icicle Falls. The ice makes it extremely difficult to hit anyone (at least for me.)

Then again, that would just make everybody take the "higher up" path if one did exist.
This is the main reason why we don't have a path that avoids the water altogether. With some creativity you can still end up going quite fast and mostly avoid the water, but you're going to end up in it either way for at least part of the time.

emr

Favorite Level:Egg Rock Zone 2
It's just like a final zone level that i want.Secret passages,GIANT level,lots of auto-killing paths...IT'S AWESOME

Most Hated: Deep Sea Zone 2
FUC***** LABYRINTH.........until i found the other way.

Tell me about it, they even put a shortcut right in front of your face at the beginning of the level, its not hard to climb up as sonic its just simple platforming, if your not good at this level then your either a beginner or you just suck at the level, lets just leave it at that.

they even put a shortcut right in front of your face at the beginning of the level, its not hard to climb up as sonic its just simple platforming

I doubt that was supposed to be a "shortcut". It serves more as an alternative path to me.

My favorite level would have to be ERZ Act 1, just the atmosphere and music make it fun to play. My least favourite level or rather levels would be CEZ Act 1 & 2 it always feels so long and some sections of the levels are frustrating, like the water current area in CEZ1 towards the end.

I like: Deep Sea Zone
Why: It's so hard to beat and I've played the level over and over xD
I Hate: Egg Rock Zone 3
Why: I haven't beaten the game yet, but everytime I go to that level via making a coop server, I can't hit eggman at all. IDK what to do. That's just me.

With the different game modes, I like all Match and CTF Maps, Race sucks >:(, and Coop is just plain weird. Hope I didn't go off topic D:

Like = Egg Rock Zone 1 & 2
This zone is pure awesome. I didn't like it at first, but after I knew how to beat it, it became fun.

Hate = Deep Sea Zone 1
I don't know why but I hate playing this level. Deep Sea Zone 2 is cool though...

Like:
ERZ: Real cool music (minus the annoying guitar), nice and challenging, great length, and some amazing visual flourishes in some parts of the levels. The only zone in the game I'd give a 10/10, not counting the horrendous boss battle.

Dislike:
CEZ: The overall design is just boring and the level can get downright ugly at times. There are a few moments of fun here and there, but they're few and far between.

My favorite levels in SRB2

Single Player

My favorite levels are ERZ1&2 + RVZ. The boss of ERZ is okay; you can even survive getting hit by the goop on a platform easily.

Because I nearly always play as Tails, DSZ is no problem for me. And I really like the waterslides! :D

I do not hate any single player level.

Off topic:

Match

Meadow Match is my favorite match level. I prefer small match levels. ;)
The match level I hate most is Infernal Cavern Zone.

CTF

Twisted Terminal Zone forever! I have never seen a better CTF level than this. I like to use the zoom tube and it is the only level where I use bounce rings in every game.

I hate Silver Cascade Zone.

Mine is in order of the gametype I desire :

Coop

Best : Arid Canyon. Why? Because It's good, it's hard for Sonic (being good since I dislike being Sonic in anything but race).

Worst : Deep Sea
Why?
Originally posted by SpiritCrusher.
Why does everybody suck so abysmally at water levels? DSZ is really easy, you just have to stop for air every 30 seconds, which is everything but hard.

Really now? Well explain to me why there are HARDLEY any air bubbles in the rooms in DSZ2? Besides I'm not the kind of player who is very kind to water-themed levels.

Hide & Seek / Tag

Best : Infernal Caverns
Why : You get the elemental sheild, then what? You hide inside ANY lava fall you can or climb one as knux! Easy.

Worst : Meadow Match
Why : It's so small! You can't find any decent hiding spots except staying on the side of the floating platform with the boxes on it with knuckles.

CTF

Best : Lime Forest
Why : I know all of Lime Forest's secrets, paths and entries to the bases. And it's a pretty basic and straight forward CTF level.

Worst : Nimbus Ruins
Why : I mosty get lag on this stage and it either leads to the following :
I fall into a pit or I get hit / killed / hit into a pit by a bomb ring, rail ring or scatter ring.

Race

Best : Race Alley
Why : It's mechanical, which is good really because it's pretty basic, it has all of what you would expect a lot of race levels to have and it's straight forward.

it's hard for Sonic (being good since I dislike being Sonic in anything but race).
Wait, you think it's good that it's hard for Sonic even though you don't like to play as Sonic?

Really now?
Yes, really. Why are you asking?

Well explain to me why there are HARDLEY any air bubbles in the rooms in DSZ2?
Why would you need many of them? One is enough, isn't it? Besides, there aren't many points in DSZ2 where you need to go underwater. Only one actually, if I recall correctly, and that's the crusher room. Well, there's a bubble under every second safe spot. That's enough, really.

But rejoice. It's gonna get nerfed in 2.1, to the point where you won't need any air bubbles.

I don't hate any of the SP levels. I like them all, even CEZ. My favorites would have to be ERZ1+2, ARZ, and....GFZ2.

Eggrock is just plain challenging and a lot of fun. Music is awesome too.

Arid Canyon Zone is really fun to explore as Tails & Knuckles. I can entertain myself just flying around everywhere to sight see.

That's also the reason I like Greenflower Zone 2. It's so huge. I guess I just like levels I can explore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back