View Single Post
Old 03-30-2018   #666
CobaltBW
I do things sometimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lach View Post
Not to make this discussion any longer than it needs to be, but the way I see it, it makes no difference whether the picture is of you or of something else. It's still something you deliberately chose to represent you. Especially since you're quite clearly posing in the photo, there's a level of fabrication involved to make yourself appear as you want to be seen, which of course is a biased description—but also ironically the best one! In a way all our avatars are just little tastes of who we are. We're representing ourselves just as honestly as you are.
Not about to search past the "new posts" tab, but I remember this board having a "post a pic of yourself" thread, if you really wanted to show your face.

As Lach said, an avatar is really just a form of creative expression, whether it's something you made, a photo you took, or just some picture you like. You don't necessarily need to justify the contents of your avatar beyond that. (You can also just have no avatar at all... if you're boring :V)

Check out my soundcloud profile for music stuff

Last edited by CobaltBW; 03-30-2018 at 02:54 AM.
CobaltBW is offline   Reply With Quote