Stuff to put in 1.09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not for the character to blur... for the world itself to blur, Extreme G 3 or GTA: SA style. Besides, Sonic Advance 2 has a trail effect, not a blur.

Shuffle said:
There needs to be a special that makes you run in a certain direction as long as you are in the tagged sector.. maybe allow strafing or turning, but keep the character running in the same general direction. It would be great for Sonic 2-esque special stages.
It's called 'wind'. Interesting to play with, really...

You could fake the blur effect your character makes by replacing the Super Sonic star trail with character sprites, but for that to work, the sprite would have to be a seperate object or something, and you'd have to set the object so that it dissapears after a certain ammount of time, like the invincibility stars, but I have no idea how to do it. Actually, forget it, I'm rambling. D:

hotdog003 said:
Shuffle said:
There needs to be a special that makes you run in a certain direction as long as you are in the tagged sector.. maybe allow strafing or turning, but keep the character running in the same general direction. It would be great for Sonic 2-esque special stages.
It's called 'wind'. Interesting to play with, really...
Wind doesn't quite cut it.. it doesn't force you to run. You could just be sliding forward.. or you could turn around and go the wrong way, that would ruin the whole thing.

Ritz said:
You could fake the blur effect your character makes by replacing the Super Sonic star trail with character sprites, but for that to work, the sprite would have to be a seperate object or something, and you'd have to set the object so that it dissapears after a certain ammount of time, like the invincibility stars, but I have no idea how to do it. Actually, forget it, I'm rambling. D:
In S&K, hyper sonic/knuckles had trails of their sprites following them, but if you ask me, it's a little irritating. I don't like the feel it gives, especially in sonic advance 2 and such. We know you're going fast, you don't need 5 fake copies of yourself following you to communicate the fact.

Making each character have a max speed animation would be neat, without being as distracting. Sonic could drag his arms behind him like wings, like in sonic adventure, tails could propel himself forward with his tails (he does this already when he is wearing the speed shoes, but I'm talking about just reaching maximum speed without items) and knuckles could have an animation similar to that of Sonic. I know its hard to do character sprites though, so its not that big of a deal.

GB250 said:
I don't like the feel it gives, especially in sonic advance 2 and such. We know you're going fast, you don't need 5 fake copies of yourself following you to communicate the fact.

Amen. Sonic Advance 2 pisses me off because of that.

I never was a fan of trails (why you people are calling it blurs, I don't know). I didn't like it in Sonic Advance 2, and I don't think I'd like it in SRB2 either.

I second the idea about putting in max speed sprites.

There needs to be a Moving FOF type that goes up, waits a couple seconds, then goes back down.. it would be great for elevators and spikes that pop out of the ground.

Shuffle said:
There needs to be a Moving FOF type that goes up, waits a couple seconds, then goes back down.. it would be great for elevators and spikes that pop out of the ground.

Don't forget to make the speed and stopping time customizable! :mrgreen: That is most important.

How about having the ending sequence point to #SRB2Fun, rather than #SRB2, as more games seem to originate there. (I could be wrong, but hey.)

Nope. In #srb2, it's sometimes "illegal" to talk about SRB2 :P.

#srb2general should also be pointed to. That channel exists too, you know.

Before we do any of that, we still need to get Instant to voice us a new Sonic clip. In the 1.09 beta I've got, since it's not Mysteria anymore, it cuts out at 'Stop by the IRC chatroom---'. :roll:

Digiku said:
Nope. In #srb2, it's sometimes "illegal" to talk about SRB2 :P. #srb2general should also be pointed to. That channel exists too, you know.

I know, but unlike the other channels, nothing seems to happen, and less people are there.

I'll be honest: I never really liked Instant's Sonic. Dunno why, really, it just doesn't seem... Sonic-y enough. His Eggman's spot-on, though.

Just to make this post on-topic-y, I think Xmas mode should have some kind of replacement for GFZGRASS instead of just removing it. Admit it, it'd make those platforms a LITTLE easier to run around than having the floor blend with the floor of another, lower sector.

The 1.09 suggestions period is now closed. A 1.1 suggestions topic will be created after the release of 1.09.

Please wait until then to post any suggestions you may have for the next version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back