New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm also glad they brought back the Koopa Kids, I just hope they don't overuse them. They're kind of samey, is the problem. They've got different attacks, but they all fall under the same basic pattern, and they all have the same kind of basic form. Meh, who plays Mario games for the boss fights anyway? I'll live.
The tower bosses are quite basically like the bosses as they were in SMB3. The world end bosses are the Koopa Kids again, but the structure of the boss battle is changed to make things more interesting. They're pretty easy for the most part, but still fun to play. And yeah, they're really not a big part of the game.

The game itself actually is pretty challenging, but in single player there's so many opportunities to stack up lives that you really don't have to worry about reaching the game over screen as long as you have a good measure of skill.

Speaking of which, who else has reached 99 lives? ;)

I might get this game for Christmas. By the looks of it, the game seems pretty fun. (I played only 30 seconds of the game at Gamestop before my Dad said I we had to leave T_T)

I might get this game for Christmas. By the looks of it, the game seems pretty fun. (I played only 30 seconds of the game at Gamestop before my Dad said I we had to leave T_T)

It´s same thing as in DS anyways, you can buy it in DS and have nearly the same thing except for the 4 player stuff.

It's a completely different game, Sonnarkku. The only recycled things are some of the graphics and presumably part of the engine. The levels are completely new.

No, for the most part, they really aren't. There's some gimmicks reused in previous Mario games, but overall most of it is new content.

And speaking of some of the new gimmicks, since when did Mario do some wonky Sonic the Hedgehog crap and do some walk through walls stuff? Seriously. That is awesome.

You mean when did Mario learn to walk BEHIND walls? :p
I love Yoshi, hes so awesome but needs to be in every level. <3

And speaking of some of the new gimmicks, since when did Mario do some wonky Sonic the Hedgehog crap and do some walk through walls stuff? Seriously. That is awesome.

Yoshi's Island actually had quite a bit of that. But there's a chance the Yoshi's Island team was inspired by the 16-bit Sonic games.

Feels basically the same as NSMB DS to me. But of course, there's new gimmics, powerups, and all the like. Using the Wiimote to move platforms feels a little bit overpowered, but I guess that's just me.

I don't die regularly, so I haven't gotten that "Super Guide" guide, unless I'm trying to get an elusive Star Coin. Yet I'm already in the 3rd world, and I think I'm close to 90 lives already.

I don't really see how it is overpowered. Since there is only a limited amount of those platforms. Oh, its usually tilt it the right way to get a power up. It is not like it lets you jump over everything. :P

Just got to World 3 tonight. 2-3 has a 99 lives trick literally just before the flagpole. Nice little easter egg for when you get 99 lives, too.

So far, I love this game. The secret exits and even the star coin locations are just as crafty as they were in Super Mario World. The Penguin suit kinda sucks, though.

I thought the blue shell was more fun, personally. You'll like the penguin suit for World 4, though.

I heard it wasn't "crazy hard" as we hoped, but more along the lines of "not piss easy like NSMB was". I sure did my fair share of dying when playing in 2 player thanks to our wonderful ability to kill each other in hilarious ways, though X_X

Hah, I thought the game was getting hard at the first level of world 2.
My brother trying to kill me doesn't help. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back