Suggestions

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
Something to replace Adventure Example Zone, even though it won't be an Adventure level. Mystic said we weren't having a playable Adventure mode level in 1.1. Honestly, it's a really lame unlockable.
Or somebody could make a good Adventure level instead :) (through the only really interesting thing from the Adventure mode is the analog control that only works in single player sadly).

Sik said:
SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
Something to replace Adventure Example Zone, even though it won't be an Adventure level. Mystic said we weren't having a playable Adventure mode level in 1.1. Honestly, it's a really lame unlockable.
Or somebody could make a good Adventure level instead :) (through the only really interesting thing from the Adventure mode is the analog control that only works in single player sadly).

Actually, I'm trying to make a map specifically tailored for this mode. Unplayable without the mode, in fact. I shouldn't be overly confident, though. I'm still semi-amateur. But I have already put three weeks of effort into it and it's still like only 90% complete.

Linedef Executor: Change Thing X Position (Once)
Linedef Executor: Change Thing Y Position (Once)
Linedef Executor: Change Thing Z Position (Once)
Linedef Executor: Change Thing X Position (Each Time)
Linedef Executor: Change Thing Y Position (Each Time)
Linedef Executor: Change Thing Z Position (Each Time)
Linedef Executor: Change Thing X Position (Continuous)
Linedef Executor: Change Thing Y Position (Continuous)
Linedef Executor: Change Thing Z Position (Continuous)
(Add (Ring Count) to them, to have more of them, or, if you can control that with Flags, that'd work too.)
Floor Over Floor: Crumbling, Bobbing, Solid Collision (Respawn)
Floor Over Floor: Crumbling, Solid Collision (Respawn)
Floor Over Floor: Bobbing, Solid Collision
Floor Over Floor: Crumbling, Bobbing, Solid Collision (No Respawn)
Floor Over Floor: Crumbling, Solid Collision (No Respawn)
Floor Over Floor: Crumbling (Continuous), Bobbing, Solid Collision (No Respawn (Default))
Floor Over Floor: Crumbling (Continuous), Solid Collision (No Respawn (Default))

(What I mean by solid collision: This type of FOF reacts to another FOF touching it. As in, as it crumbles, if its floor touches the ceiling of another FOF, or its ceiling touches the floor of another FOF, it should stop, and not move anymore (until respawning, IF it has a respawn). Continuous Crumble is a concept I thought of while using these types of FOFs; if a crumbling FOF has no respawn, but it bobs, maybe it should be able to crumble each time it has the ability to fall? (solid collision))

Show when somebody is typing while in a netgame, so you don't think they're just sitting there. Similar to any Instant Messanger.

Sonicfreak, I think that could be accomplished with some sort of graphic floating above the player's head. You know, like when a player has a flag, it says "GOT FLAG!" above their heads. This also leads back to the original suggestion, player names above heads. =(

lolponit.png

Quake 3 used to have those, and it just made shooting people who were typing all the sweeter, because you KNEW they couldn't shoot back.

I always use console to talk, so I wouldn't need a save-message-in-progress feature. I just have my trusty gamepad to move, and I always keep console open at CON_HEIGHT 10. But this is good for those who don't have gamepads, so I agree: this should be in there.

Kaysakado said:
You can do that, if you're willing to give the player 50,000 points and an extra life for finishing a level under 30 seconds. Remember, you can make FOFs exit sectors, and you can make FOFs only appear for certain characters and you can make custom exit sectors and this is a run-on sentence, isn't it?
I could as well make teleports. But it only works with the three main abilities, while I was talking about taking into account the characters.

Kaysakado said:
You can do that, if you're willing to give the player 50,000 points and an extra life for finishing a level under 30 seconds.
Custom Exit. Noclimb flag. Whee, no points!

How about a special type of FOF that can be pushed in a certain horizontal direction (This means it has to be a polyobject...) for a certain limit. When you reach that limit, it cannot be moved. But once you let go of the directional button you used to push it (Most likely forward, but any direction in the case of having analog control on!), it will make you bounce off it with great force, while it moves back to it's original position.
I'm thinking that when you bounce off it, you will be spinning, and will be launched off the ground - not by a tremendous bit though...

Or maybe a special FOF that's Downwards and Upwards movement speeds can be adjusted separately - meaning you can have it going down like a crusher, but go up much slower.

Monster Iestyn said:
How about a special type of FOF that can be pushed in a certain horizontal direction (This means it has to be a polyobject...) for a certain limit. When you reach that limit, it cannot be moved. But once you let go of the directional button you used to push it (Most likely forward, but any direction in the case of having analog control on!), it will make you bounce off it with great force, while it moves back to it's original position.
I'm thinking that when you bounce off it, you will be spinning, and will be launched off the ground - not by a tremendous bit though...
Also add a sector that does NOT bounce back, that servers just as a pushable.

Monster Iestyn said:
Or maybe a special FOF that's Downwards and Upwards movement speeds can be adjusted separately - meaning you can have it going down like a crusher, but go up much slower.
Can't you do it already moving both the ceiling and the floor of the control sector with the custom crusher linedefs?

Sik said:
Monster Iestyn said:
Can't you do it already moving both the ceiling and the floor of the control sector with the custom crusher linedefs?

No you can't. That linedef doesn't work on FOFs. It works only for normal sectors, and either makes them go from the surrounding sectors' floor height to their ceiling height, or the opposite (It doesn't really matter, as they both do the same thing, they just start going in opposite directions to each other...).

And besides, it's for all crushers, not just custom ones (Because there isn't such thing!).

They're called customs because you can set the speed. Normal crushers' speed can't be changed.

Chaos said:
Left and right frames seperate, instead of being the same image flipped. May take time.
Fail. Simply name your lumps like this:
PLAYA1
PLAYA2
PLAYA3
PLAYA4
PLAYA5
PLAYA6
PLAYA7
PLAYA8
Instead of this:
PLAYA1
PLAYA2A8
PLAYA3A7
PLAYA4A6
PLAYA5

The Scatter Ring is stupid with the slow speeds. They should go normal Ring speed.
The Time Bomb Ring should have three kinds: a green timed one, and a red, self-detonating one, or a yellow one, that explodes on touch.
The Bounce Ring goes too slow.

Heat wave FOF block, think like 1.1's water waveyness but used near fire and lava for that heat look to them.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back