Boss Mayhem: Version 8.1 [sc_BossMayhemV8.1.wad]

Updated to:
Version 3.3

There's very little for me to mess with technically but now the file size is bigger so download nao

srb20074.gif

Because I wanted to be special I decided to add a "custom" title screen and intermissions theme as well as changing up the fades a little, including my own custom fade for levels.

The Megaman boss is now up to date with the releases version of the boss.

Pinch music has been added and can be disabled with
Code:
pinchmus (On/Off)

fucking hell

EMERGENCY UPDATE
Version 3.3.1

Fixed an issue with the Megaman Boss not activating the boss intro cutscene for all players.

Fixed an issue involving pinch music and Egg Lober's fight.

Removed pinch music indication.

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

ugh... as of this post, please redownload the .rar, the update was so miniscule I don't think it deserves a new version number.

help me I can't stop touching my mod

Updated to:
Version 4.0
An old boss by Lat' has been added, but you'll have a whole level to travel through before getting to him, and this time, he's a rematch like the Checker Wrecker.

Bug fixes/level modifications

I also decided to throw all of the update posts into a spoiler changelog so there isn't much scrolling.

EMERGENCY UPDATE
Version 4.1

...I'm sorry...

Fixed a thing number issue where the new Knuckles boss clashed with Metal Knuckles

Changed up the Silver Boss Easter Egg, this time, try not to be Silver when he dies, otherwise you might go down with him... but he's not alone...

Forced disabling player control upon entering the map until the cutscene sequence ended.

A few other level fixes/modifications

You don't need to release a new version every time you find something you want to change. Unless you encounter a major bug, try waiting for at least a few days and then releasing an update that fixes all of the minor ones that you find in that time.

Updated to:
Version 4.2
Folks, it's good to take your time, and now that I don't have college classes to attend anymore, I think it's time for personal celebration. A new update that more-or-less, polishes most of the issues in the latest version and adds a couple of new features to boot!

Hard Mode: That old lua isn't getting any use in this mod, So instead, I've decided to allow the player to cripple themselves in this mod. Lemme quickly explain this:

Setting Hard Mode to "0" will have you play the mod as normal.

Setting Hard Mode to "1" will prevent you from gaining a mercy ring when hitting the boss, as well as gaining score from hitting them.

Setting the Hard Mode to "2" will prevent you from gaining extra lives when defeating bosses, as well as not gaining rings from the boss during the final battle of the mod.

To add to this, the variable you choose will be saved in your config.cfg.

In netgames, this command is only accessible by the Server Owner/Admin. A notification alarm will sound for the entire server upon loading the map, and printing the current variable used and the effect caused by it. The whole server will be in hard mode, so if you're having trouble with bosses... Not sure what I can tell you :P

Egg Rock Zone Act 3 and "The Final Battle" are now fully unlockable levels than can also be accessed in multiplayer. To add to this duo of levels, the aesthetic is more... explosive than usual.

Green Hill Boss and Egg Hopper have been swapped. I realized that Egg Hopper is more abusable than the old Wrecker.

Slightly patched one of the paradoxes that can be obtained in the mod.

You can experience a paradox from:
Knuckles
Silver
Shadow
Chuckles

When killed, you will not lose a life, and even in the effect of hardmode, you shouldn't experience a game over too easily. This also mean Silver can now properly fight the Silver boss... god help me the children that will eat this up

Hidden Palace is not that much shit anymore since I pretty much removed most of the level.

Oh, and new fades I guess:

srb20095.gif

Pinch music has been added and can be disabled with:
Code:
pinchmus (On/Off)
Defaults to On.

Hard Mode can make the mod harder to battle in, just in case you wanted a challenge for once.
Code:
hardmode (0/1/2)
Defaults to 0

Updated to:
Version 5
Man, was I tense on releasing this mess! Almost supposedly a month of leaving this in my PC "privately". With this chance, I managed to fix and implement as much as I could. And since I have a lot to list, lemme get the changelog ready...

Updated File Name since the Old Version is obsolete at this point.

Title Screen assets redone by CG7244. [NEW!]

CarlosGamer's Lavender World Boss has been added. [NEW!]

Competition Mode is now a fully functional gamemode. [NEW!]

Megaman's Boss Fight has very little to no bugs now. [FIXED!]

Manimi's Updated Shadow Boss has replaced the original version. [NEW!]

Ghost Boss Battle's Stage now triggers the boss fight by standing on the star. [FIXED!]

Hidden Palace Zone has a slightly improved Knuckles Path. [FIXED!]

Hazard Crawla's stage has now been turned into an Enemy Rush! [NEW!]

My very own edit of creator.wad's level has been added to the mod. It is co-op only. [NEW!]

Click on this spoiler to learn about the new competition mode.

Competition mode is back and now that it's been used with lua, it's a fully functional gamemode with well... actual competition!

First off, bosses and enemies that are in front of the player upon the stage's loading do not do ANYTHING until the countdown sequence is over.

Lives in Competition Mode are "removed" and as punishment for getting hurt or dying, you will lose score that can greatly affect your tally following the end of the stage.

Many stages outside of Egg Gauntlet that have actual level for you to explore in will instead teleport you right where the boss begins.

When bosses get hurt, they drop rings for the player to grab. If someone is busy tearing the boss apart, scurry around for rings the boss drops to keep your ring count high.

A warning for server hosts: If you play competition mode with hardmode on, the game WILL turn hardmode off and if you end up in Egg Gauntlet without the command "advancemap 2" the game WILL force it to that to prevent from going into the final two levels, which are omitted from competition mode.

Updated to:
Version 5
Man, was I tense on releasing this mess! Almost supposedly a month of leaving this in my PC "privately". With this chance, I managed to fix and implement as much as I could. And since I have a lot to list, lemme get the changelog ready...

Updated File Name since the Old Version is obsolete at this point.

Title Screen assets redone by CG7244. [NEW!]

CarlosGamer's Lavender World Boss has been added. [NEW!]

Competition Mode is now a fully functional gamemode. [NEW!]

Megaman's Boss Fight has very little to no bugs now. [FIXED!]

Manimi's Updated Shadow Boss has replaced the original version. [NEW!]

Ghost Boss Battle's Stage now triggers the boss fight by standing on the star. [FIXED!]

Hidden Palace Zone has a slightly improved Knuckles Path. [FIXED!]

Hazard Crawla's stage has now been turned into an Enemy Rush! [NEW!]

My very own edit of creator.wad's level has been added to the mod. It is co-op only. [NEW!]

Click on this spoiler to learn about the new competition mode.

Competition mode is back and now that it's been used with lua, it's a fully functional gamemode with well... actual competition!

First off, bosses and enemies that are in front of the player upon the stage's loading do not do ANYTHING until the countdown sequence is over.

Lives in Competition Mode are "removed" and as punishment for getting hurt or dying, you will lose score that can greatly affect your tally following the end of the stage.

Many stages outside of Egg Gauntlet that have actual level for you to explore in will instead teleport you right where the boss begins.

When bosses get hurt, they drop rings for the player to grab. If someone is busy tearing the boss apart, scurry around for rings the boss drops to keep your ring count high.

A warning for server hosts: If you play competition mode with hardmode on, the game WILL turn hardmode off and if you end up in Egg Gauntlet without the command "advancemap 2" the game WILL force it to that to prevent from going into the final two levels, which are omitted from competition mode.

Woo!
Your updates are always adding something new to the table!

Updated to:
Version 6

Should I be sorry anymore for updating? Nah, the updates lately have been showing improvements, and that will be shown by the new changelog for this version:

Custom Pinch Music feature is now disabled, only 4 bosses in the entire mod will have their own custom pinch theme, as the original bosses planned to have them as.

Egg Lober by ManimiFire is no longer a fire spam lagfest! Manimi has updated Egg Lober with a just-as-dangerous new attack that doesn't cause a lot of fire objects all over the place, but I'd still stay on the move either way.

New Boss: Egg Zap by ManimiFire! Try to avoid Eggman's different laser attacks, some can hurt you if you move, some can hurt if you don't move, and some will just hurt, stay on your feet and keep a lookout!

The Chaos Emeralds have been integrated into the mod, now as something you will have to EARN. You must defeat 9 different, but easy bosses without getting hit more than 3 times or dying to obtain the one of chaos emeralds the boss will have, note that any player in the stage can lose this opportunity, so make sure that if you haven't gotten hit as much, you should try to at least kill the boss. If you want reference to which stage will give you an emerald, check the level select in Boss Mayhem

Metal Sonic's stage now has an extension for the addition of Metal Redone.

Enemy Rush has been nerfed to accommodate for the serious difficulty spike in the last stages. You will now spawn with a Force Shield with hardmode off, a pity shield with hardmode set to 1, and now, no shield with hardmode set to 2. Due to a current bug with how the PlayerSpawn hook activates, once you reach the first checkpoint inside the building, you won't respawn with a shield, so I highly recommend you use the shields to your advantage, cause that's all you're getting once you enter the building.

A couple of boss have new tunes! This may not sound as important, but thanks to music from the Mod Archive, A couple of bosses have some new different tunes to not only shrink down file size, but to also change up the atmosphere of the boss arena.

Thanks to the new Emerald System, the mod will end whether you either reach Old Brak in Egg Rock Act 3 or obtain all of the emeralds and go to Boss X once you clear Egg Gauntlet.

The Knuckles' only path in Hidden Palace now has a new destination!

The custom CECHO system by TehRealSalt from SUGOI's latest update has been added to the mod for the Time Paradoxes and the New Emerald system.

A new gamedata file will be created for this version and following afterwards. Sorry, not sorry.

Last edited:
Icri

Updated to:
Version 6.1

After doing a public game and noticing this supposedly excusable bug I just had to start working on this as soon as possible. pls don't kill me

The new tunes used for Egg Canyon and Shadow were .MTM files, which apparently SLADE, and some SRB2 players couldn't probably hear. Thanks to AxelMoon/Sonicboy for handing me the .s3m version of the files, which are smaller, and more recognizable for SLADE and SRB2.

Egg Zap now appears in Competition Mode, my fault since I added Egg Zap just as I was finishing the original update post, so it was a literal last second addition that seemed clean at first... oops.

The "bad" Metal Sonic boss fight from 2.0 is barely like the original at this point, as I changed the moveset to be something more... tolerable maybe? I also reverted the sprites back to Metal Sonic 2.0 to clear up confusion for people who haven't seen the original boss fight... I just didn't want to make Blade's sprites part of the original boss since well... they looked decent at the time. (compared to the coding of the boss)

Slightly modified other bosses that you may or may not notice idk, I did them to make them feel more tolerable.

Last edited:
I'm gonna take a moment and announce that my PC is in a really unhealthy state as of this post, with constant blue screens to freezing, that I can barely use it for a while until I get a new PC. As such, before this tragedy would happen, I had this version sitting on the wayside until I had a good reason to update, since I'm planning to get rid of this 10 year old dinosaur, I think this might be a good enough reason so I can at least back this up when I can edit it again. Pointless paragraph aside, lets get to the updates.

Updated to:
Version 6.2

Egg Zap has been updated to the latest version of Aircore Station as of July 3rd, 2017.

Green Hill Zone has a new and absolutely beautiful skybox made by .Jazz.

Enemy Rush's Skybox has been updated to look a little more... aesthetic and foggier than usual. An enemy spawning sequence has been added to the boss section where before the boss will appear, you will have to survive a mini gauntlet of AMT crawlas coming from an unreachable and undamagable spawner in the ceiling.

Metal Sonic 2.0's boss theme has now been properly switched back to Doomship Zone (tunes 21). To also note on this, by Version 7, Metal Sonic 2.0 will be removed, I have no better reason to keep it since my modifications changed the boss far too much from it's original intention.

Ghost Boss Battle's little ghost inside of Pumpkin Head is going to be a tad less monotonous with modified versions of the older moves to change things up a little bit, I also tried to take the liberty to fix a bug where trying to hurt Pumpkin Head as it spawns would spit out an error message, this may still occur so I'm not sure if I can call it "fixed" or will be fixable, just don't try to attack the boss right as it spawns.

Changed Hidden Palace's boss fight to lower the pillars that you originally used to shield yourself from his attacks during the pinch. There's no avoiding that now, so good luck.

A new Boss Mayhem exclusive Boss Bar has been created and can be activated with the command:
Code:
bossbar (on/off)
Defaults to off, however your value will be saved later on... Is this netplay-compatible? Considering I made it just before my PC crapped out, not really sure. Tell me yourself!

Oh and just to note: Megaman's boss bar has been removed for the new boss bar which just looks and aligns better.

I'm gonna take a moment and announce that my PC is in a really unhealthy state as of this post, with constant blue screens to freezing, that I can barely use it for a while until I get a new PC. As such, before this tragedy would happen, I had this version sitting on the wayside until I had a good reason to update, since I'm planning to get rid of this 10 year old dinosaur, I think this might be a good enough reason so I can at least back this up when I can edit it again. Pointless paragraph aside, lets get to the updates.

Updated to:
Version 6.2

Egg Zap has been updated to the latest version of Aircore Station as of July 3rd, 2017.

Green Hill Zone has a new and absolutely beautiful skybox made by .Jazz.

Enemy Rush's Skybox has been updated to look a little more... aesthetic and foggier than usual. An enemy spawning sequence has been added to the boss section where before the boss will appear, you will have to survive a mini gauntlet of AMT crawlas coming from an unreachable and undamagable spawner in the ceiling.

Metal Sonic 2.0's boss theme has now been properly switched back to Doomship Zone (tunes 21). To also note on this, by Version 7, Metal Sonic 2.0 will be removed, I have no better reason to keep it since my modifications changed the boss far too much from it's original intention.

Ghost Boss Battle's little ghost inside of Pumpkin Head is going to be a tad less monotonous with modified versions of the older moves to change things up a little bit, I also tried to take the liberty to fix a bug where trying to hurt Pumpkin Head as it spawns would spit out an error message, this may still occur so I'm not sure if I can call it "fixed" or will be fixable, just don't try to attack the boss right as it spawns.

Changed Hidden Palace's boss fight to lower the pillars that you originally used to shield yourself from his attacks during the pinch. There's no avoiding that now, so good luck.

A new Boss Mayhem exclusive Boss Bar has been created and can be activated with the command:
Code:
bossbar (on/off)
Defaults to off, however your value will be saved later on... Is this netplay-compatible? Considering I made it just before my PC crapped out, not really sure. Tell me yourself!

Oh and just to note: Megaman's boss bar has been removed for the new boss bar which just looks and aligns better.

Oh my GOD. I swear, your gonna kill me with all these updates! HELP. But really, these are pretty great. Gives me an excuse to download the same thing over and over again!

Nope, I don't have a new PC yet... (for some reason...) But I do have the long awaited update that SHOULD polish things out from here.

Updated to:
Version 7

Roasted Ravine Zone Act 3, now temporarily called: Cactus Shield Mobile from SUBARASHII has been added to the roster.

There is a somewhat final boss you can fight once you beat every single boss stage (Mecha Sonic, OldBrak, and Boss X) against a powerful enemy at the top of a tower.

Metal Sonic 2.0 has been removed, however Metal Redone gets a brand new stage to boot, more reminiscent of the Sonic Generations Boss fight, except it's not.

Fixed a bug where losing the chance to get the emerald was missing from Version 6.2.

Flame Breath actually had a Boss Picture as well... I uh, had a typo.

You might not know or remember this new title screen song, but just call it filler for the time being.

Robo-Hood's boss fight is using those delicious new sprites made by LordPotatosack.

Last edited:
Glad to know my habit of not double checking shit is still present. If you have recently downloaded the zip before now, please redownload it to fix a major oversight for Knuckles. Now you can go beyond Sky Sanctuary and clear the rest of the levels.

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

Excuse this triple post, Reuploaded the zip due to not fully fixing the bug I thought I fixed. It will be fixed now, and I will be waiting for TrailBlazer's video to get uploaded at some point. x_x

GG my name isn't in Supporters/Co-Authors section, meh, at least I'm in the description lol, also, I like those succulents-nonfails&errors-fullA-A robo-hood sprites, Potatosack did a great job in it!

Last edited:
also, I like those succulents-nonfails&errors-fullA-A robo-hood sprites, Toaster did a great job in it!
Credit where credit's due, those sprites were made by Potatosack, not me. (I have never made anything boss-related for 2.1 in my life, unless you count that flying box from Glacier Gear.)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back