STH360 (50 % done) continues elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
darkness claw said:
No! You can't give up! This mod is surpassing many of the mods that I have played, and it's getting better! Please, don't give up yet.

No. It's not. It never was. It was a valiant effort, but the mod was and has been a failure from the start. If you thought it was enjoyable, then I honestly just don't know what to say.

Sorry, but these guys (SWSM, Kroze, and Blue Warrior, and I'm thinking all the admins out there) want me to stop turning there forums into a complete disaster. That's like all I've been doing for these months. I failed to make them think of it as something better. I'm so sorry for what I have done to these forums. I will never do anything like this again.

Hey, Blue warrior, I respect the work that people put into their mods, and so far, Sonildow has put in over two months of work, so if you can manage making a mod for an amount of time like that, go ahead. And I'm not changing my oppinion on the 360 mod.

HYPER SONILDOW said:
Sorry, but these guys (SWSM, Kroze, and Blue Warrior, and I'm thinking all the admins out there) want me to stop turning there forums into a complete disaster. That's like all I've been doing for these months. I failed to make them think of it as something better. I'm so sorry for what I have done to these forums. I will never do anything like this again.

What you moreso need to do is start WAY WAY smaller and don't use something as horrible as S2K6 as your source material.
Start off by building single levels first and slowly but surely, constructing them so that they are really worth playing instead of trying to do a whole "mod" at once.

You were in over your head here since you began, all we want you to do is start out smaller and focus on the quality of your work.

Sorry. I can't fix it no other way. that's just how it has to end.
Kroze said:
HYPER SONILDOW said:

What you moreso need to do is start WAY WAY smaller and don't use something as horrible as S2K6 as your source material.
Start off by building single levels first and slowly but surely, constructing them so that they are really worth playing instead of trying to do a whole "mod" at once.

You were in over your head here since you began, all we want you to do is start out smaller and focus on the quality of your work.

k.....

darkness claw said:
Hey, I respect the work that people put into their mods, and so far, Sonildow has put in over two months of work, so if you can manage making a mod for an amount of time like that, go ahead. And I'm not changing my oppinion on the 360 mod.

BZ4's newest LEVEL (yes, a single level) has been being worked on for the better part of the past YEAR.
Two months is nothing... its how long some people take to come up with their first single player level contest entries.
This whole "mod" was rushed plain and simple and if you can't see that then there is really nothing more I can say to you.

Kroze said:
HYPER SONILDOW said:

Adding on to that, perhaps you could make an entire mod based with your own creativity, I'd love to see what you could come up with....
But considering how people are despising you from making mods, that probably won't happen.

I believe it is technically impossible to get 10/10, but from my point of view, you could start a new mod regardless of what ratings you get, I'm sure it would be good.

Good idea. Start with small levels, mess around with them a bit to see what's best, and when you think you got it all right, release it. And I'm still open to testing, by the way.

Ok 50% percent beta is now done uploading. And if anyone here has problems I can't fix it now. I'm now done with this wad. Bye.

I just took same kinda thing from Dr. Pepper. Maybe there is something special about this mod. Is there still hope for this mod. I'm in the middle right now, so I don't know what to do. Anymore comments?

Ok. I have made up my mind. I'm going to continue it somewhere else. I don't have to start out small. All I have to do is follow critism and fix my mistakes. Let me think some more.

Yeah I'm my free self. I only noticed that only three people said this mod failed, but look around. You see people who give me constructive critism and doesn't say this mod straight sucks. Today I played on a netgame called Mariofan's server and he had my wad. Sth360 and Sth360Software and you know how many people came on? lots and this morning (1:00) I was playing with this user guy name Nick and guess what he said.

<Nick> Your Sonildow Right!
<Sonildow> Yes
<Nick> your mod is really good keep it up
<Sonildow> I will.

I don't think this mod is pure failure. I think it's pure something, but not pure failure. I'm my own free man and I can create what I want to create. As I scroll through critism that people give me. I go ahead and fix it. If you want screenshot's of the fix'd problems I will go upload them right now. But I'm here typing, and I got to check my messages soon, so yeah. Yes, I will continue this Mod and finish it.

HYPER SONILDOW said:
Yeah I'm my free self. I only noticed that only three people said this mod failed, but look around. You see people who give me constructive critism and doesn't say this mod straight sucks. Today I played on a netgame called Mariofan's server and he had my wad. Sth360 and Sth360Software and you know how many people came on? lots and this morning (1:00) I was playing with this user guy name Nick and guess what he said.

<Nick> Your Sonildow Right!
<Sonildow> Yes
<Nick> your mod is really good keep it up
<Sonildow> I will.

I don't think this mod is pure failure. I think it's pure something, but not pure failure. I'm my own free man and I can create what I want to create. As I scroll through critism that people give me. I go ahead and fix it. If you want screenshot's of the fix'd problems I will go upload them right now. But I'm here typing, and I got to check my messages soon, so yeah. Yes, I will continue this Mod and finish it.
^ This is the highlight of the year for me!

Well, I played the new beta and I founded 3 errors:

1: Soleanna Forest is Crisis City mach speed.

2: Walls and some things aren't recolored in Flame Core and Volcano. And in Eggman boss too.

3: Radical Train doesn't have an exit! I can't pass the level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back