• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Jam Sonic Thread (previously YAS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aquaponiee

I will be posting Yet Another Sonic's WIP sprites here! Yas for short, he is a all-new Sonic that looks a bit like Sonic for some reason. He is inspired of the Saturn era, but takes bits from various Sonic designs, and a big part of him is made by me originally. I am trying to give him a more cutesy innocentish personality, and even thought he is very small, he has some very long legs. He will be my first custom character!

STNDA1-export.png

Post automatically merged:

I do want some feedback, I will appreciate spriting tricks a lot, thought pls dont say hes just pointy sonic thats not constructive and makes my boyo sadd
And I do not have a moveset yet but i will come up with that later. Suggestions wont hurt me

I have made a special ability concept, but it's poorly drawn and it's not his primary ability. He can share his shield, rings, 1ups, and he can even throw bombs to kill people!!
1618300297904.png

Also I'm doing the A2 don't worry

Here is new progress! A2 will take a bit longer because I never drew a A2 of a character, and I had to define more clearly his design. So, you get onnly the head and belly for now! You can also see a few improvements on the A1
1618309982927.png

I think I will draw more spikes on his A2's head...

Last edited:
Here is new progress! A2 will take a bit longer because I never drew a A2 of a character, and I had to define more clearly his design. So, you get onnly the head and belly for now! You can also see a few improvements on the A1
View attachment 42553
I think I will draw more spikes on his A2's head...
He looks like a mixture of Pointy, (in the spikes area) Vanilla Sonic, (around the face) and a bit of OVA (for how oddly long his legs are.) But still looks very cool!

... huh?
Where does Luxis come into all of this? ffoxd isn't Luxis? Are you trying to incite a reaction? If so, that's a Rule 2 violation.
I am not, look at Luxis' message, And I will NOT strike a fight with anybody unless it is completely required or they mess with me or my friends.

:dramahog: thats rude and he only has spikes that kinda look like pointy, the rest of him is not like pointy. and even then pointy looks like saturn sonic, and thats where i got the spikes-
I hurt your feelings? Aw man I'm sorry I'm not trying to insult this or you but It's sorta true, But only at the spikes.

Excited for this, because for some reason "just another blank" things seem to usually be quality. Can't wait!

1619720731003.png

Progress for today. The A2 spines are quite original... I did lose spriting motivation in favor of lua scripting again, now i am in a spriting mood again. Tomorrow i will start legs and hands.

• Cool!
Reactions: M.K
I was demotivated to death by certain people (no offense to the people who are sick of Sonic and want my boi to die), however, I am back at it to my spriting and I will now start development again.
Before spriting, I want to first make my genius idea for him in Lua: pinpoint classic physics. I will attempt to recreate the classic games as close as possible. He won't have those weird slippery physics, he will actually be cool! It makes sense since his design resembles the Game Gear and Saturn era, and also it will give people a reason to play as him!
...What do you think?

I have a GRATTT anouncement!!!
Yet Another Sonic will now be redone into Jam Sonic! He will be reminiscent of the extremely awesome Sonic Jam artwork which is widely known as the best classic Sonic design to ever step on the planet!
The item share will not be kept in as only YAS was kind or cute enough to give his lives to you. A new jump ability is yet to be jammed.
The accurate classic physics will however, which means you know what...
I hope y'all love this decision, which you will. It will be hard thought, especially for a young wee bit spriter like me, but I know you all will love it and it's worth it, and that's all what matters!

Last edited:
I very like the Share ability but i think you can use some more originality with just sonic(yeah you did a very hard job spriting but you know that sonics are overused)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back