yellow's 2021 round 1 oldc voting thingamadoodle

Yyeellooww7

no more blah blah like last time i voted, let's go

SP Division:

1)Abyss Caverns Zone by yyeellooww7: I made this. Yeah, it's not perfect and it's really flat. But i had fun making it. Until i kinda just didn't know what to do anymore and that's why the final room is the way it is (just one big hallway). And i knew from the very beginning that i was gonna get complaints about the water/ice path being longer than the lava one or it's just less fun. But in concept and aesthetic wise, looks like people liked it, somehow. yay. (i also wished people would've talked a bit more about my level, i have a feeling that it's the most forgetable out of the bunch and it makes me sad).

2)Falcon Emissary Zone by InferNOr: shit. I wanted to make a level similar to this one once i had more experience with Zone Builder, oh well. This is the level that i enjoyed playing the most this time around. I like the textures and how it plays, there's some rooms that feel empty, yes, but i don't give a damn because my level is empty too. It also looks like we missed some spots that do not have the death pit tag during testing, there's still some of them lying around. The Knuckles path is kinda... not that great, but it's fine because you can just get a whirlwind shield and take the normal path anyways. And the part where's you pretty much stapled into the floor like wet toilet paper in a public restroom is kinda wack, but it's fine. Falcon Emissary? That's a rather badass name imo. Overall, it's pretty cool.

3)Hollow Hill Zone Act 1 by Othius, Inazuma & Spectorious: It pains me having to put this map on placement lower than it deserves, but i kinda enjoyed Falcon Emissary a little bit more. Now, this level is the most visually appealing one of the bunch, i'm gonna guess it's mostly because the pretty textures and the palette Inazuma made. Linedef type 700. I liked the big ass slope at the beginning of the level and the water that makes you go N Y O O M. But i didn't really like the parts where you had to spam jump inside of the water to get to the top of the section. The elevator is an A+ even tho you can just tell it to fuck off and jump off the cliff. The palace area is really pretty. And that's really it. The three of you did pretty good and i'm looking forward to what you guys make next.

4)Ante-Station Zone by Twins'R'Epic: Are you gonna make SRB2 variants of your SRB2Kart maps? Sick. The mikoportals are the highlight of the level, sad they only work in software and it sometimes the game just breaks for no fucking reason until you switch renderers. Depth perception sucks, and platforming in between these polyobjects is very fucking hard, specially the ones at the end of the level, one fuck up and adios. Thankfully the polyobject platforms have a pattern that's easy to remember and doesn't give me any problems anymore. I really liked this level, it's pretty challenging and has pretty textures.

5)Mercury Mine Zone by RexelJet: Isn't mercury, like, radioactive or simply dangerous or some shit? This level is like a hybrid between Contaminated Water Zone by M.K and your Gigalopolis Zone. A boost character like Metal Sonic, Maimy or Modern Sonic just schmoves through this level. The textures have that cartoony style that i really like. A complaint i have is the falling mercury just doesn't give you enough time to avoid it and sometimes i'll just end up getting down air'd and goodbye rings. And i already ran out of things i wanted to say about this level. It's pretty fun and i enjoyed it.

6)Teal Tundra Zone by SunCyclone: This level has some stuff that's similar to mine, it's kinda flat but charming. I'm a fan of winter themed level, just like this one. I don't have much to say about this level, but it was fun. Oh, and one more thing. This level's music and... the level in general actually made me calm down after being pissed off at something i don't quite remember atm, so thanks for that.

7)Ridge Rapids Zone by particle: This level looks like it was designed for Amy, is it? Amy is the character that i have most fun when playing this level. Anyways, this level is pretty, it's like that one NiGHTS level (does it use textures from there? idk anymore) And it have a lot of decoration, mainly it being flowers. But i had trouble going through the level as Sonic or pretty much any other character that's not Amy or Tails. But it's all fine. This level is good, but i don't have much to say.

8)Blizzard Bastion Zone by PhilJFou: Welcome to part 1 of "levels i wish i could rate higher but i really can't". This level used to be very low on my list (actually, it was originally in 10th) all because of the colormap. I get that the colormap is there just so it feels like you're in the middle of a blizzard and it's hard to see, but i don't think it really works, it just hurts my eyes. Days later i replayed this level because i thought i was being too harsh on it simply because of the colormap, and i actually liked it. But i do have a complaint about that one room at the beginning of the level that's full of conveyor belts and a turret... please no. And another complaint about how painful the Knuckles path is. Positive thing about this level, i think this level is built solidly, i liked the geometry, and my favorite part is the ice slide. ik i said mostly negative things, but that doesn't make it a bad level at all, keep up the good work.

9)Zaxel's Thunder Yard by Zaxel: Now, this level is long, less long than your previous two levels, but still long. Again, i like the textures you used and i really like the custom enemies. But i do have a complaint about the green spiders that blend too well with the grass and if you don't have a shield then goodbye rings because a spider was hidden behind a bush. Also, the troll exits gave me a good laugh... only the first one. The second troll exit is uncalled for and thank goodness that i managed to not go through that exit the first time. The 1000 ring exit is an A+. And one more thing, people already told you about this a million times, but please be careful on what you put in your easter eggs next time. I, myself, don't know where the infamous easter egg is, but i saw gifs of it. Overall, i liked the level much more than the previous two.

10)Lava Temple by Vixuzen: I have mixed feeling about this level, you see. The atmosphere is something that some people do not like about this level, but i disagree. I think the best part of this level is exactly that, it gives it that unique feeling that no other level in the oldc has. The custom enemies... are they also ripped from Rayman? I don't really know, i don't remember anything about Rayman, they are kinda cool but there's no indication that the big spheres with two cat eyes are invincible. The little dudes that are floating in the air and come right at you are kinda annoying to deal with, specially when almost the entire lower path is just ball rolling on top of lava. That reminds me, this level is difficult, the lower path is just meh in my opinion. It's just ball rolling and puzzles, and the enemy placement doesn't really help either. The upper path is a bit better, but everything about the upper path hurts, like literally everything, even the ceiling. However, i did like that each character gets a different path halfway through the level, even custom characters. But the Amy and Tails path are a complete joke compared to the Metal Sonic or Knuckles Paths. And the score emblem gave the worst type of anxiety imaginable, so thanks for that, i guess. This level is cool, but it hurts to play. (also this was part 2 of "levels i wish i could place higher")

11)Bombastic Beach Zone by Shapeshifter Boi: This level is short and semi sweet. I like the bubble at the beginning of the level, but it that's really it, it only gets used at the beginning and nowhere else. I'm not too sure about those bumpers and the fireballs, it's really hard to not get hit when going the lower path. FLYING FISH. That's it lol, i like the textures but that's about it. Good stuff.

12)Fort Sunset by DylanDude: I'm gonna guess this was originally a special stage that simply got submitted as and entry for this oldc. I like the theming and the textures. The enemies and the little fella sleeping over there are really cute. But it's just a collectathon and if you get hit once, you gotta start all over again. The skybox conflicting with a vanilla texture was certainly interesting, probably just a misunderstanding. I barely have anything else to say, it's certainly high quality and solid.

13)Koopa Kastle Zone by glaber: where are the slopes?11!1!1. Jokes aside, this level is solid, it's rare when we see a Mario themed level these days. The lava being instakill is fine because it's a mario themed level, i guess. It doesn't quite work in SRB2 but ok then. And the brak fight at the end was yikes, you're telling me you wanted to add a second phase? Jeez. Anyways, this level is solid but i don't exactly enjoy playing here.

14)Music Mash Zone by WasifBoomz: Final part of "levels i wish i could place higher". I admire all the linedef executor fuckery this level has. The level is certainly not boring, but it's not that fun to play. Sometimes i simply just get lost. Heck, there's this path that if you try to go forward you simply get teleported back and i don't really know what to do there. The throwback to your previous levels was actually really cool. You also emotionally broke a certain someone i know with that Hypertower remix lmfao. Biggest complaint, ik there's a flashing images warning 1 tick before the level starts but that doesn't excuse the level having not visually appealing textures. Certainly an improvement from the previous two, hopefully you don't get last this time around.

15)Drenched Dam Zone by Voidy2246: I don't have anything new to apport here, people have already pointed out most of the problems this map has. I'll just repeat it anyways. It's way too cramped and the invisible walls are stinky. The music be banging tho. This level is fine, i guess.

16)Emerald Glade Zone Act 1 by DoodlesYT: It hurts that i have to place this level last, but this level screams first map or a map made to test zone builder's tools. Bonus points for making an emerald hunt level, but some of the emeralds are in rather obscure and hard to get places. Thank god you placed an Armageddon Shield somewhere in the map just so i can use it in the golden springshells pool. The Sonic sector art is cute. But that's really it. Don't feel bad because i placed your level in last place, i believe that you can make a much better map in the future with some practice, heck, maybe you'll end up winning an oldc if you don't give up.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back