What's In Store For v2.2.10(Back Open)

My Top 15 New Features that haven't merged to 2.2.9

We've already made that clear that there will be a bunch of bugfixes in 2.2.9, but let's not jump to the fact that STJR will add a bunch of new stuff Like New characters, zones, loops, or bosses for that matter, that stuff would be for major updates such as 2.3 which we won't be having for about 3-4 years. Adding stuff like loops take to much time to develop, and yes I've seen loops in zone mods like Sugoi or Tortoured Planet but they weren't actual full on loops. Overall the point Im trying to make here to wrap up the discussion for good is that THESE PATCHES ARE JUST BUG FIXES, NOT AN UPDATE THAT ADDS NEW STUFF LIKE THE THINGS I MENTIONED EARLIER IN THIS STATEMENT and I just need people to understand that. But Overall, that's pretty much all I have to Say for this, Im trying to wrap this up FOR GOOD! No More Of this,

This Conversation has gone on long enough and people have made good points here and there but this comment is to finish this discussion once and for all. SRB2 2.2.9 is near release so now just check the gitlab and see what stuff they have planned for the next patch, Aight that's all of what I have to say for this statement and finally finishing up this conversation for GOOD, but anyway peace stay safe✌️

P.S. I forgot to mention, STJR are actually trying to release 2.2.9 but people keep complaining to them about bugs so DON'T RUSH THEM GUYS!

Last edited:
I agree about not applying pressure on them, SRB2 is an open source passion project made by volunteers. As a result, they do not owe us anything and they can take as long as they need (as no one has invested any money in this). To apply pressure would do more to hurt the development of the game than help it.

In an encouraging sign though, it looks like the number of merge requests has ticked up significantly, including one which should resolve a major issue in trying to make levels that are visually identical in both the OpenGL and Software renderers. It is starting to look like a final sprint to the goal (which is 2.2.9)

This here is just a discussion on what do you think is in store for 2.2.9, as you know we haven't had a patch since 2.2.8 in October of 2020 and A lot of people Have been wondering when 2.2.9 will arrive, you can just post your opinions here.

Here Are Just My opinions on what they might add for v2.2.9

-Super Tails
- New Mode For Single Player
- Better Netcode for Multi Servers
- Fixing the Segment Violation Problems whenver you hit windows button or hitting the minus button when fullscreen isn't on when Open GL is your renderer
- Amy being a tad bit better Since she is pretty Basic when it comes to vanilla charatcers

Well these are just some of them, you can post your ideas too
Maybe a multiplayer KNIGHTS Mode?

will 2.2.9 increase the addon limit and skin limit?

maybe increase the Max Player Count from 32 to 512. (Player x Start + (Parameter * 32))

or is there's an unlockable Kart Mode?
It will not increase the addon or skin limit

The netplay player count will not increase, it's explained in the post above

And no, there will not be an unlockable Kart mode, for that just go play srb2kart

Ok I just wanna clarify they won't be changing anything in the skin, addon limit category, they are improving the color change for open gl like if you wanted to swap your color with a new one but they aren't increasing addon limits or skin limits for the game

is there's an unlockable Kart Mode?
I would like to take this opportunity to once again clarify that SRB2 and SRB2Kart will not be merging together at any point in time. The sheer effort required to do that is just not practical, and the two teams are quite content with taking each game in its own direction.

The open gl changes for 2.2.9 will be big, VERY Big, check out the Release Candidates from the discord server and check for changes made to the patch

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back