Othius

[A person in a place]
Sonic Team Junior
Judge
unknown.png

Following in the footsteps of Deleted Domain, Long Journey's End, and 24HrSRB2, I present you a map in the style of short snippets by various people! The whole goal of this was to be the first map released in 2021, made entirely within 2021.

Here are our contributors! This was all hosted in a private server.

Kwiin:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Dead:
attachment.php

Inferno:
attachment.php

Ruberjig:
attachment.php

Slow:
attachment.php

Fav:
attachment.php

Apollyon:
attachment.php

Tempest:
attachment.php

DylanDude:
attachment.php

DaJumpJump:
attachment.php

Kanna:
attachment.php

RadicalChaos:
attachment.php

Seaballer:
attachment.php

Draykon:
attachment.php

Credits to Twins'R'Awesome for the midnight sky used in this stage
attachment.php

Dakras has an unfinished section inside of here. You can't access it in the stage, but noclip around and you might find it!

v1 - Release

v2 -
- Added in-game credits for each section.
- Dead hid thirteen UwU's in the map lmao.
- Removed Dakras' Unused Section .
- Removed Amy's CBT Chamber.
- Kwiin's first Section button now has a Sound Indicator
- Replaced the Button FOF with a normal Floor Button in Kwiin's Section
- Alternate Route in Dead's Section for those who fell
- Added another Lava Stream in Inferno's Section
- Fixed up a bunch of things in Seaballer's Section (Spikes now retract within a certain flow, reduced the amount of Mace Spawnpoints)
- Added a not-so-hidden Attraction Shield in Fav's Section
- All the Emblem Tokens now properly have Float Flag
- Some slopes in Draykon's Section are now more proper
- Reduced O_RAVE.ogg filesize

v2.1 -
- Fixed a checkpoint in Tempest's section
- Added a level thumbnail

Supporters/Co-Authors:

Attachments

• srb20354.jpg
    srb20354.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 7,971
  • srb20355.jpg
    srb20355.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 7,895
  • srb20357.jpg
    srb20357.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 7,823
  • srb20358.jpg
    srb20358.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 7,810
  • srb20359.jpg
    srb20359.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 7,756
  • srb20360.jpg
    srb20360.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 7,780
  • srb20361.jpg
    srb20361.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 7,751
  • srb20362.jpg
    srb20362.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 7,693
  • srb20363.jpg
    srb20363.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 7,631
  • srb20364.jpg
    srb20364.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 7,586
  • srb20365.jpg
    srb20365.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 7,483
  • srb20367.jpg
    srb20367.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 7,721
  • srb20369.jpg
    srb20369.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 7,420
  • srb20366.jpg
    srb20366.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 7,524
  • srb20356.jpg
    srb20356.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 7,779
  • SKY666.gif
    SKY666.gif
    5.5 KB · Views: 7,391
  • VSL_NewYearsCollab-v2.1.pk3
    18.1 MB · Views: 2,635
Last edited by a moderator:
Kwiin, how could you do it? This spring act is just disgusting. No, not because it is difficult. It's poorly thought out, and you don't warn the player about obstacles. This part starts very badly for Fang, because he is tall. And yes, I passed this act, but right before the finish line I fell. Thanks for the 23 minutes wasted. I am disappointed.
If this is Kaizo Mario, then everything is fine (although it was necessary to make it even more difficult)

I can’t say anything about other acts, because I need to collect my thoughts. Maybe I'll say something about them, but I don't see the point in this.

If I were you, I would do exactly the same as Krabs did - display the name of the person who made this part. This is a small thing, but nice.

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

oh yes, exactly. Tails. He skips this act very well. Now I could see all zones, all acts.

I would fix the spring area if it wasn't 5am. believe me I know it's an issue. Lol

Expect an update as soon as I'm at my computer

I find it odd we have to add the WHOLE community asset pack before loading the wad. Maybe just copy what textures where used from said pack and put it in.

That aside, this does look very cool, definitely will be trying this earlier and will update with my thoughts.

I find it odd we have to add the WHOLE community asset pack before loading the wad. Maybe just copy what textures where used from said pack and put it in.

That aside, this does look very cool, definitely will be trying this earlier and will update with my thoughts.

I agree with MK on this scenario, having to load the entire asset pack every single time you wanna load the map just so nothing breaks sounds... lazy as fuck, and could potentially cause issues because of how heavy the filesize for it is.

As far as I know, the reason Asset Pack is the way that it is here is due to pretty much the entirety of it being used anyway by all the map segments, from what I recall what was being stated during the collab.

Any attempted merger... would quite possibly easily make the actual map file just as big as Asset Pack itself, considering the map is already at 7 MB.

Last edited:
I know we should strive to be polite and constructive but I just can't, man. I'mma say it straight: The CBT Chamber segment is fucking rubbish. 20 continuous minutes of a single hallway and all I got was an awful sense of frustration. It really should have been an optional emblem area or something and NOT part of the main level progression. Look at Fang's emblem route in AGZ. That part is also very frustrating and difficult (I grund 60~ lives in my Fang savefile as preparation, and by the time I was done, it was reduced to 15 or so) but you don't actually have to do it unless you're going for 100% game completion.

The map was quite fun before that point, at least. I enjoyed the use of bumpers as obstacles and wish that was a more recurrent theme between the various segments. Also, maybe it was just me, but in the segment with the Rollout Rocks, when I failed and was teleported back to the start, I tried to use the same rock I was using before (the one in the middle) but it moved very slowly, like it was stuck on the ground. It fixed itself when I jumped off of it and then jumped back on, but still.

I kind of have to agree with Goldenhog that the CBT Chamber is, well, "fucking rubbish" and leaves a nasty aftertaste in the mouth after playing the map. However, Kwiin has said that he'll remove that part in an update and will add it to another such map instead. (Though I agree that putting it in a mandatory part of a level without starposts after each section is a bad idea.)

I'll also note that I have some cases where the game crashes after dying, the first one being in the CBT Chamber and the second in the snow part.

For the rest the map actually pretty good though. Very nice use of textures as well.

As one of the contributors, I agree with everyone's frustrations with Kwiin's section. It's not funny dragging down the pace of the level by making one section as brutal as possible, and it should have been made optional. It used to be far easier, and if I had seen its final incarnation before release, I would have heavily pushed Kwiin to change it.

i will never be able to see blue springs the same way again

that being said thank you for letting me be a part of this i made the part with emma essex music playing in the background

DEVMODE 1
GOD
NOCLIP
GRAVFLIP

Expect an update later today

Plans:
-Split CBT room into separate 'kaizo's act
-Get Dakras's room finished and put into the kaizo act

-Include asset pack within the stage itself, consolidated so that it only has the textures and objects it needs
-add in game stage credits
-remove h-

-Include asset pack within the stage itself, consolidated so that it only has the textures and objects it needs

-remove h-

This is currently holding back the stage from an update, apologies for the wait. Dakras' section may not be finished either, in which case I am just outright removing the CBT room. Aside from this the update is just about complete.

V2 Update

UPDATE TIME
play it :threat:
v2 -
- Added in-game credits for each section.
- Removed Amy's CBT Chamber.
- Dead hid thirteen UwU's in the map lmao.
- Removed Dakras' Unused Section .
- Kwiin's first Section button now has a Sound Indicator
- Replaced the Button FOF with a normal Floor Button in Kwiin's Section
- Alternate Route in Dead's Section for those who fell
- Added another Lava Stream in Inferno's Section
- Fixed up a bunch of things in Seaballer's Section (Spikes now retract within a certain flow, reduced the amount of Mace Spawnpoints)
- Added a not-so-hidden Attraction Shield in Fav's Section
- All the Emblem Tokens now properly have Float Flag
- Some slopes in Draykon's Section are now more proper
- Reduced O_RAVE.ogg filesize

---------- Post added at 06:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 AM ----------

For those who didn't enjoy it the first time around, this should fix a lot of the major issues and make it an overall more enjoyable experience :>. Hopefully it isn't a waste of time now (unsure if that comment was completely serious or not but it kinda hurt and made me want to get out a fix as soon as possible :v)

For those who didn't enjoy it the first time around, this should fix a lot of the major issues and make it an overall more enjoyable experience :>

I actually quite enjoyed it the first time around, though I'll admit to cheesing Amy's CBT Chamber (I played the level with Sonic & Tails.) The cheese route I took was at least fun to come up with/pull off.

Oi play updat

v2.1 patch -
- Fixed a checkpoint in Tempest's section
- Added a level thumbnail

Wow I'm stupid, I forgot to mention that as of v2 you no longer need to load asset pack to play. It's all merged within the file.

Where are these collabs announced? I'd like to participate in one.

I don't know how Deleted Domain was organized, but 24Hr had a whole Editing thread dedicated to it, and I hosted this New Years Collab on a private server.

Gave it a try. I'm getting random SIGSEGVs and SIGABRTs, once at the snowy-looking section, and another at the roll-out rock section. I really want to complete this level, but I enjoyed what I managed to play.

EDIT: it's suddenly working now and I finished the level with all emblems. Managed to get the last one without the whirlwind shield by using thok jumps on the slopes haha

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back