[v1.6] Unofficial Level Design Collab: Summer 2021

[v1.6] Unofficial Level Design Collab: Summer 2021 1.6

Othius

[A person in a place]
Sonic Team Junior
Judge
Just as a heads-up:

Starlit Skyway's custom FOF slopes won't render if you use the accel-momentum build, you can only play it using the vanilla client.

This is how the level will look like if you use the accel-momentum build:

Attachments

• srb20397.gif
    srb20397.gif
    3 MB · Views: 134
So far I've had a ton of fun playing each level! I've enjoyed them quite a lot actually, but I've yet to play the last one listed, as I've been having an odd issue.
For the record, I'm playing on a Mac OS computer, so maybe it has to do with that, or the fact that I was using the Software renderer instead of Open GL like I usually do.
In Gate Garden V2, my game straight up freezes when I get to this area.
Captura de Pantalla 2021-08-04 a la(s) 12.52.38.png

Be it with or without the Whirlwind shield, my game has froze two times in the exact same area, but unfortunately this freeze doesn't leave any crash tracebacks of any kind, so unfortunately I can't get anything printed out to show. Does anyone have any idea of what's going?

i really liked starlit skyways it was just a big speed level so that was fun with cross momentum. i also really like the custom enemy the what i like to call: Biker crawlas, i love there design and there behavior its great!

Othius updated [v1.1] Unofficial Level Design Collab: Summer 2021 Part 1 with a new update entry:

Emblem Updates + Polish

All emblems are now collectable. The Gate Garden token emblem has been changed to custom key objects so that it doesn't conflict with the OLDC script that the ULDC pack uses.

There was a HUD script in Gate Garden that didn't work in the previous version. You'll see what it does.

Fixed a broken linedef executor in Odd Caverns.

Fixed some missing midtextures and half light that was annoying me in Gate Garden and Odd Caverns
View attachment 50773

All hub emblems...

Read the rest of this update entry...

You can use knuckles to climb a wall near the two pillars that have fire then climb onto a hole, from there you can stand on the barrier and go out of bounds. As well as Rose Gold Amy
srb20065.gif

So far I've had a ton of fun playing each level! I've enjoyed them quite a lot actually, but I've yet to play the last one listed, as I've been having an odd issue.
For the record, I'm playing on a Mac OS computer, so maybe it has to do with that, or the fact that I was using the Software renderer instead of Open GL like I usually do.
In Gate Garden V2, my game straight up freezes when I get to this area.View attachment 50628
Be it with or without the Whirlwind shield, my game has froze two times in the exact same area, but unfortunately this freeze doesn't leave any crash tracebacks of any kind, so unfortunately I can't get anything printed out to show. Does anyone have any idea of what's going?
Turns out this is a MacOS thing. There's an object that plays the sound DSTWEETS in a radius around the object in Gate Garden. It crashes Mac users for... whatever reason.

There are a few things I missed in v1.2, so once I get v1.3 out I'll include a separate wad that replaces the sound with a silent lump.

Turns out this is a MacOS thing. There's an object that plays the sound DSTWEETS in a radius around the object in Gate Garden. It crashes Mac users for... whatever reason.

There are a few things I missed in v1.2, so once I get v1.3 out I'll include a separate wad that replaces the sound with a silent lump.
Thank you! That seems a very puzzling problem; of all things to cause it... Still, I appreciate you guys are willing to fix an issue like that!

Othius updated [v1.2] Unofficial Level Design Collab: Summer 2021 Part 1 with a new update entry:

[v1.3] The "Whoops! I forgot" Update

- Updated Starlit Skyway to support 2.2.10 and accel-momentum exe builds.
(Plushima actually sent me this fix like, 3 days ago, but whoops, I forgot.)

- Updated Gate Garden level orb
(This was also given to me a while ago and I forgot to include it, sorry!)

Separate patch file, V_ULDCMacHotfix.wad, included for MacOS users, this turns the DSTWEETS sound, which crashes Mac users for some reason, into a soundless audio file. This SHOULD fix the error, although I have no means to test it. Mac...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I looked at the metadata for DSTWEETS (the soundfile that's crashing Mac users) and found that it's using an incorrect looping method. I wonder if that's what's causing the crash somehow?

Screenshot 2021-08-10 002147.png

OOOOOOHHHHHH I CANT WAIT TO PLAY THIS! (I hope it doesn't lag like the official level design contest :worry:)

Quick bug report - network clients seem to halt with the following error:
1629251841516.png

This appears to originate from Lua\Hub\ULDCEmblems.lua:55, due to the "load" code running as soon as the lua is loaded (e.g. joining a network game). It looks like this could be safely wrapped inside a "Load" function that only runs after the singleplayer check in MapLoad. :)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back