BuddyEx

BuddyEx v1.2

SMS Alfredo

Sonic CD US Soundtrack Connoisseur
Judge
attachment.php

Inspired by foxBot, combining the code of buddy.lua by Jimita and ExAI by CobaltBW, comes BuddyEX!

This mod allows anyone, in single-player or multiplayer, to add in object-based bots into the game which will follow you around and assist you on your adventures. Simply type addbot [skin, color] into the console to give yourself a buddy.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

You can add more than one bot too! How many you can have at one time is only capped by the buddy_limit command, which can be set to pretty high values. Just try not to lag yourself out!
attachment.php

But that's not all, you can even swap between your bots too! Just press Weapon Next or Weapon Prev, and you'll instantly change your character to the next or previous bot in your party. Use the nextbot and prevbot commands if you'd rather use a different button for swapping!
attachment.php

If you don't want a bot anymore, you can use the delbot command to remove any of them. Enter in a number after the command to select a specific bot to get rid of.
attachment.php

Custom characters are supported too! Some may work better than others, and not all of them are perfect, but you can still easily create the team of your dreams!
attachment.php

As a bonus for those playing single-player, Team Sonic has been added to the character select screen! Relive the glory days of Sonic Heroes as you play through the game as this classic ragtag team of three.
attachment.php

You can use the stalkbot to spectate one of your own bots. It's not very useful for anything other than debugging, but you can use it if you want.

buddy_attack and buddy_seekdist are commands inherited from ExAI and can only be set by a netgame host. While they can be adjusted, it's usually just best to leave alone.

buddy_debug is used to print debug information about the bot AI, again from ExAI. It's recommended not to use this one at all unless you wanna get a better idea of how the bot AI works.

Since these bots are fake player objects, not every single interaction will play out as you think. I tried my best to get it as close as possible, but not everything is perfect.

Not all custom characters will be supported, nor will I be taking requests on who to support next. Characters like Tails Doll or Kirby have too complicated followmobj set ups to be worth porting over. As long as a character has vanilla abilities and no followmobj (or a vanilla one), they will be supported out of the gate. Otherwise, there may be a few inconsistencies.

Modern Sonic as a bot will cause an error upon destroying an enemy. There is no way for me to fix it sadly. But, the error will only pop up once and not affect gameplay, so you can simply ignore it when it happens.

Attachments

• ezgif-2-07cc3c1636d9.gif
    ezgif-2-07cc3c1636d9.gif
    5.7 MB · Views: 152,307
  • srb20164.gif
    srb20164.gif
    7.3 MB · Views: 148,854
  • srb20153.gif
    srb20153.gif
    7.6 MB · Views: 144,867
  • ezgif-1-f4c02d82b60a.gif
    ezgif-1-f4c02d82b60a.gif
    6.2 MB · Views: 152,152
  • ezgif-1-3add30644cf7.gif
    ezgif-1-3add30644cf7.gif
    4.3 MB · Views: 147,924
  • ezgif-1-d6623d6de258.gif
    ezgif-1-d6623d6de258.gif
    4.9 MB · Views: 148,274
  • ezgif-1-5e976012c189.gif
    ezgif-1-5e976012c189.gif
    5.5 MB · Views: 4,163
  • TEAMSONIC.png
    TEAMSONIC.png
    102.8 KB · Views: 145,201
  • ezgif-1-0a2ace66dde0.gif
    ezgif-1-0a2ace66dde0.gif
    7.9 MB · Views: 145,148
Last edited:
Yes! Finnally! I can be knuckles the echidna 3 & knuckles + knuckles!

Last edited:
Holy fuck, this is amazing, awesome job doing it!
i can finnaly play srb2 heroes.

Amazing! Never thought I needed to add 7 bots at once for funsies!

We only need to wait for e-123 omega and shadow as well as cream and big after that there is espio and vector as well as charm on Gamebanana then we can make sonic heroes and we need the unofficial sonic heroes for SRB2 2.2 port and I have it so SRB2 can hace heroes for 2.2!

Quick update to version 1.0.1.

- Fixed the game crashing when removing a bot that's currently carrying you.

- Hopefully prevented a duplicate Sonic from popping up when playing as Team Sonic.

This is great! Played with 2 other bots for a few levels and didn't notice any issues

Small request though, could you make it so inputting addbot without specifying the skin will give the bot a random skin? I know it doesn't seem all that interesting of a change but it would be fun to mess around with

We only need to wait for e-123 omega and shadow as well as cream and big after that there is espio and vector as well as charm on Gamebanana then we can make sonic heroes and we need the unofficial sonic heroes for SRB2 2.2 port and I have it so SRB2 can hace heroes for 2.2!

I and a lot people don't recommend you use Gamebanana for SRB2 mods, a lot of the stuff goes against the rules of the MB. Shotty ports, stolen content, the list of stuff just goes on! The MB has the Releases system to make sure stuff like that doesn't happen.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back