• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Tyson Hesse Sonic (Done.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
this stay alive?

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

oye mejor usa el traductor,ese cambio que hicistes quedo increible,se que tienes un proyecto del sonic del sonic adventure 2 pero cuando tengas tiempo puedas hacer el sonic de la pelicula,es que nadie lo a echo(en la version normal claro)asi que.........lo puedes hacer un dia de estos?

1. Creo que el que deberia de usar traductor serias tu, por si no lo sabias, este lugar es para hablar en ingles, asi que te recomiendo hablar en este idioma, si no sabes, usa traductor.

2. No pidas que gente haga mods, eso es romper una de las reglas.

3. Alguien esta trabajando en sonic de la pelicula, pero como que esta algo ocupado ahora.

ah gracias no lo sabia es que soy nuevo,lo siento enserio

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

yeah i feel what i am not ready for join,not now :v so goodbye i just will see,the things for the message board and download mods

this stay alive?

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

oye mejor usa el traductor,ese cambio que hicistes quedo increible,se que tienes un proyecto del sonic del sonic adventure 2 pero cuando tengas tiempo puedas hacer el sonic de la pelicula,es que nadie lo a echo(en la version normal claro)asi que.........lo puedes hacer un dia de estos?

UMR7XBU.gif

So I've spent some time updating the Idle sprites that Metalwario Made "corrections" on. So I went back and gave him proper hands that doesn't look like huge blobs with weirdly shaped cuffs on top and reworking some of the detailing and minor rework to better the transition between the A1, A2, A3 sprites.

Since Metalwario pretty much did quite a bit of cleaning/Tweaks on the upper half I'd figured to go off from what was 'already' done and do a few changes of my own.
(Though the way that the quills on the A3 sprite may end up sagging down like how it was before :P)

The biggest change is the A5.
For the minute I made the one prior to the now updated one, I told myself
"This looks Perfect!" but the more I glanced at it I began to see some problems that I wouldn't normally catch right away.
most notably the spike in the middle looked pretty flat, and the body just looked "empty" in contrast to the other sprites, so I went back and completely redid
it from scratch.

So I Doodled out a sketch in Paint Tool Sai of a concept of what it could potentially turn out to look. (or in this case how it turned out looking like)

then after that I downscaled it to the standard SRB2 Vanilla character size (70×70 pixels) to get a comparison between the two and got straight to work but to be honest something still feels a little bit off...

AmcpY3P.png

Now during that time i also got a full walking animation ready though it could still use a little bit more polishing especially how a few of the quills are moving quite a bit faster than the others... but, why not show it off now?

But since I Don't know how to enlarge gif's with multiple frames.
I might as well drop it here the way that it is.
But as soon as a figure that out I'll post a bigger version of the gif.
ICJB9oS.gif

Now it did take a little over a few weeks to figure out and get done but...
AZ7706y.gif

the animation itself is a Sort of a mishmash from the little running animation Sonic does in the Sonic Mania opening
with a little bit of inspiration on the walk cycle done for Junio/Toei Sonic from the "Sonic Freedom" SAGE 2020 Fangame (while also referencing Vanilla Sonic's walk cycle.)

Last edited:
UMR7XBU.gif

So I've spent some time updating the Idle sprites that Metalwario Made "corrections" on. So I went back and gave him proper hands that doesn't look like huge blobs with weirdly shaped cuffs on top and reworking some of the detailing and minor rework to better the transition between the A1, A2, A3 sprites.

Since Metalwario pretty much did quite a bit of cleaning/Tweaks on the upper half I'd figured to go off from what was 'already' done and do a few changes of my own.
(Though the way that the quills on the A3 sprite may end up sagging down like how it was before :P)

"This looks Perfect!" but the more I glanced at it I began to see some problems that I wouldn't normally catch right away.
most notably the spike in the middle looked pretty flat, and the body just looked "empty" in contrast to the other sprites, so I went back and completely redid
it from scratch.

So I Doodled out a sketch in Paint Tool Sai of a concept of what it could potentially turn out to look. (or in this case how it turned out looking like)

then after that I downscaled it to the standard SRB2 Vanilla character size (70×70 pixels) to get a comparison between the two and got straight to work but to be honest something still feels a little bit off...

AmcpY3P.png

Now during that time i also got a full walking animation ready though it could still use a little bit more polishing especially how a few of the quills are moving quite a bit faster than the others... but, why not show it off now?

ICJB9oS.gif

AZ7706y.gif

the animation itself is a Sort of a mishmash from the little running animation Sonic does in the Sonic Mania opening
with a little bit of inspiration on the walk cycle done for Junio/Toei Sonic from the "Sonic Freedom" SAGE 2020 Fangame (while also referencing Vanilla Sonic's walk cycle.)
I... UHH... THIS IS JSUT AMAZING!!! I AM SO HAPPY THAT YOUR Progress on the mod is amazing and what about the mania trio mod? It was once on your thread and disappeared are you gonna port it to 2.2 or not?

You could use Sonic CD's 1st running cycle (classic running, not the 2nd one, the peel out) pencil test for reference when you started working on his running animation.

this makes me think that Sonic's super run (not that super, duh) animation could be used perfectly for a boost mode state

UMR7XBU.gif

it from scratch.

AmcpY3P.png

ICJB9oS.gif

AZ7706y.gif

I believe I can see what is off with the A5: it looks like he isn't facing straight, it looks as if he's facing away towards the right.

Now, I can't find a proper reference for how he looks from behind in the animations right now, but even the A1 doesn't hint at the spines going that far to the left.

I believe I can see what is off with the A5: it looks like he isn't facing straight, it looks as if he's facing away towards the right.

Now, I can't find a proper reference for how he looks from behind in the animations right now, but even the A1 doesn't hint at the spines going that far to the left.
I agree. A few days ago, I pm'd him with an edit I made to the previous A5 with more 3D quills:
SpZRgY5.png

I also just realized that his tail should be centered, but I'm sure he could handle that.

I also redid the A3 based on an traced (and then cleaned up) screenshot from the Mania opening:
AR1vTbW.png

GjW2rs5.jpg

He hasn't been online to respond to my pm yet though.

So I've decided to stop being lazy and decided to continue working on this mod.

And went back and attempted to give the sprites a whole new look. (though this is the only one the I redid.)
But I'm not quite sure whether I'd prefer the look of this sprite compared to how it originally looked
So this is more of an experiment atm.
(Regardless, I think it looks pretty good!)

But the sprite itself is more 'based' on that one frame towards the end of the Sonic mania pre-order trailer.

cuoUZDq.png

Reference:
etQxhfW.png

Last edited:
Bro the new one looks a billion times better. Go with that version

Also, this is more of a personal preference, but I think he should be flat colors in order to more closely resemble the Tyson-Hesse style. At a glance, it just kinda looks like Sonic

Yo, that looks really cool! Do you have a moveset in mind?

Actually, yes I do!

(not quite confident on what these moves will be called or 100% on how they would actually function yet but I guess they will do for now...)

Drop Skip
:A move that's based on THAT one part of the opening.
[https://m.imgur.com/VQqXBwq

Each time you dash and hit the ground your able to gain just
a little bit of air and can be controlled depending on which
direction you facing (per dash.)
with maybe a weak thok at the end? Which can also be chained
By via hitting Badniks and monitors and bouncing off of springs.
(can be used up to three times.)

Peel out + custom charge/dash mode animations:
Just a normal peelout lol.
It'll animate something like this.
tumblr_pc0qwfzxeb1r01jsno2_400.gif

Flicky assist:
4868123a-a2bd-4f21-9f92-805b7b39f635

By collecting X amount of rings you will be able to
Fly Temporarily (I don't really know about this one yet lol.)

Physics?: Something like what Neo Sonic has but
Except it would be a little less slippery and a bit more ligher? (I don't know.)

A shop?!:
1f8b3f77d5d08096ede7d2e129895fa1.gif

Much like Exe and Skip you can collect X amount of...Rings?! Or Something! For whatever...I guess Lol

Haven't really thought about his possible Super form abilites
Yet.

Last edited:
Maybe it could just be a drop dash with the added benefit of increased jump height after using it (of course, limited to a certain amount), plus the Pointy-style Peel-Out (activated the animation as a third run cycle, not as a mode). There really is no reason to overthink the moveset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back