• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Tyson Hesse Sonic (Done.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Omg this is actually like toei sonic but its retro. you see, wad files dont work ;-; , for me only pk3s do so i hope this is a pk3 file.
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK I BELIEVE IN YOU!!!

this is of subject but how do you add a profile picture to your account?

Maybe it could just be a drop dash with the added benefit of increased jump height after using it (of course, limited to a certain amount), plus the Pointy-style Peel-Out (activated the animation as a third run cycle, not as a mode). There really is no reason to overthink the moveset.

You make a good point, I guess those last two were made up from thin air.
Having it just be the "Drop dash with added benefits" with a peelout based ability would be a lot more preferable.

Could have there be some combo potential if you want to make things go a little further. Peelout gives the drop-dash more power if you use it while in the peel-out run.

Aside from AoStH Sonic, this is the only Sonic that has a Looney Tunes feel to it and I feel like he should play up to that. If you give him the peelout, it’ll feel like a Junio ripoff, which is something no one wants. Here’s my move suggestions:

1. The Drop Skip/Dodge: Sonic does a heck ton of dodging in SMA like he does in that clip with the Heavy Gunner you showed earlier. The way this could function in game is when you press Spin and a direction, Sonic will leap into that direction. If no direction is head, Sonic will leap straight up (Note that it will be faster than a jump). If you hold Spin during the maneuver, Sonic will curl up into a ball and it’ll act as a Drop Dash, speeding off into whatever direction you held. If you didn’t hold a direction and Sonic dodged straight up, the Drop Dash will take you wherever the camera is pointed. The entire maneuver works the same while midair.

2. Drop Dash: Literally just the Drop Dash. Personally, I’d make it so that it doesn’t slam to the ground like most people’s versions do and have it act exactly as it does in Mania where the jump is unaffected and it can be cancelled at any time

I have decided to go for the new look in favor of the one prior so
I went and touched up the A2 sprite I posted a few days ago then went back and made some changes to the A1 and A3 sprite to go along with it.

The A3 was pretty quick to do since Metalwario had already given the base for it which ended up saving a lot time!
(Thanks MetalWario!)

Haven't really gotten around to the 4th and 5th ones yet,
Though next time I post it'll be a full rotation!

YTNymMy.png

Aside from AoStH Sonic, this is the only Sonic that has a Looney Tunes feel to it and I feel like he should play up to that. If you give him the peelout, it’ll feel like a Junio ripoff, which is something no one wants. Here’s my move suggestions:

1. The Drop Skip/Dodge: Sonic does a heck ton of dodging in SMA like he does in that clip with the Heavy Gunner you showed earlier. The way this could function in game is when you press Spin and a direction, Sonic will leap into that direction. If no direction is head, Sonic will leap straight up (Note that it will be faster than a jump). If you hold Spin during the maneuver, Sonic will curl up into a ball and it’ll act as a Drop Dash, speeding off into whatever direction you held. If you didn’t hold a direction and Sonic dodged straight up, the Drop Dash will take you wherever the camera is pointed. The entire maneuver works the same while midair.

2. Drop Dash: Literally just the Drop Dash. Personally, I’d make it so that it doesn’t slam to the ground like most people’s versions do and have it act exactly as it does in Mania where the jump is unaffected and it can be cancelled at any time

That sort of approach actually isn't bad,
But if that's case couldn't there be some sort of "full speed mode like" ability?
You know casual running then to a sort of sprint animation (then shortly after if kept long enough.) to a peelout based animation?

That sort of approach actually isn't bad,
But if that's case couldn't there be some sort of "full speed mode like" ability?
You know casual running then to a sort of sprint animation (then shortly after if kept long enough.) to a peelout based animation?

If you’re referring to how the running animation works in Mania, I believe that is definitely possible to replicate in SRB2. I’m not a coder, but I’m pretty sure you would just call in the third set of sprites once you’ve reached past a certain speed

I do want to note a nice little detail I just noticed- you actually remembered Sonic has weight to his spines rather than just making the spines swing some way for no reason. That gives this even more attention from me for sure.

And it is possible to do the third state of run sprites, but I'm not sure how- I have seen it done with other characters, I believe. If I could suggest, going into the third running state should also enable water-run, though that is just my thoughts.

This just keeps looking better and better! I'm glad to have contributed, and I'm quite excited for it because you have made some excellent looking sprites here!

I think the A3’s quills need to be lifted up a little bit to make the rotation smoother. They’re all a little lower for no apparent reason. Aside from that, this looks MIGHTY impressive!

I think the A3’s quills need to be lifted up a little bit to make the rotation smoother. They’re all a little lower for no apparent reason. Aside from that, this looks MIGHTY impressive!
I initially went tried that when I made some adjustments to the initial sprites BlueM posted, but all of Hesse's drawings have the quills like that at standstill from the side and I think it's best to preserve the look of the artist's work. I know Junio has that same quirk where the quills change drastically between certain directions to preserve the look he was drawn in those directions in CD's opening and closing.

I actually didn’t know he was depicted that way. I’m all for sticking to source material, so this is a plus for me lmao

I've always thought that Tyson Hesse's point of view of sonic was the same as that toei sonic from the intro from cd and even from the form he animates the way the character does in the opening and the ending was somehow epic to us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back