• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

The mapping lair of Bewinus.

Heya.

This time I have a few more news than just the usual map update.

Like always, here is the current map:

Status Update 4.PNG

The approximate layout is finished and just needs to be filled with terrain. Some screenshots of the stuff I made:

srb20088.png

srb20089.png

srb20090.png

I will sadly not be able to complete the map this year, but it should be finished a few weeks later. So this will be the last update on this map since I don't want to spoil everything. Since there will be no more updates for this map, I will use this thread instead for my other stuff I'm working on. I've changed the name of this thread accordingly.

Now then, here is a small sneak peek on my other project right now:

srb20091.png

That's all I have for now. Thank you for reading, and see you next time!

Heya.

This time I have a few more news than just the usual map update.

Like always, here is the current map:

View attachment 58513

The approximate layout is finished and just needs to be filled with terrain. Some screenshots of the stuff I made:

View attachment 58512

View attachment 58511

View attachment 58510

I will sadly not be able to complete the map this year, but it should be finished a few weeks later. So this will be the last update on this map since I don't want to spoil everything. Since there will be no more updates for this map, I will use this thread instead for my other stuff I'm working on. I've changed the name of this thread accordingly.

Now then, here is a small sneak peek on my other project right now:

View attachment 58518

That's all I have for now. Thank you for reading, and see you next time!
Oh wow, this is looking great! I think the bridges are a really nice touch, although having death pits in such a lax stage is kinda bruh. I am now just pressing the watch button on this thread because, like, I keep seeing this updates a month late, and they look great! Seeing how close this level is to completion, how would you feel about releasing it for the Spring ULDC this March? I've yet to announce it here on the MB, but I've announced it on the Discord. I could help you out with skybox and level design stuff there, as I'm more active on discord than I am on the message board.

Hey, everyone.

First off, the map Seaside Sunrise is finished. I've submitted it here about three weeks ago. Of course, that means the map will be playable as soon as the ULDC releases. Dunno when that happens, though.

I'm currently working on two maps at once. I will show off one of them, since the other one is very early in development and I want to keep it a secret for some time.

You might remember my map in the Autumn ULDC Frightful Forest. I don't blame you if you don't. I sadly had to rush it out a little and as a result the map ended up having only one very short path with nothing to explore and several ideas needed to be cut. I don't want to leave the map in a state like this, so I'm currently working on updating it. Here is a screenshot, I've marked everything new so far with yellow:

Status FF 1.PNG

The plan is to have a sudden tone shift after a happy introduction to a spooky atmosphere. The new parts are currently mostly empty, so there isn't much more to show.

srb20000.png

I don't know yet if I will update the map in the ULDC, since it would be a suuuper late update that basicly changes the hole map.
Oh, and one more thing. I will now update this threat regularly on the first of every month. See you then.

Hello Everyone!

Well then, let's see what I did since my last post.

Status FF 2.PNG

This time I mostly focused on the beginning of the map. It ended up becoming very tag heavy. There are multiple paths outside or in trees, jumping on stumps or running near roots.

srb20010.gif
srb20009.gif
srb20007.gif

I also decided that I will be reworking and maybe even remaking some parts of the original map to fix some stuff and maybe add the additional path here and there. That's pretty much it...

On a different note. The more I'm mapping the more I have to halt my ideas back since they would require me to learn Lua or spriting. So if I ever make progress on either of those fronts, I will show them off here as well.

That's all from me for now. See ya!

Attachments

• srb20009.png
    srb20009.png
    307 KB · Views: 88
  • srb20010.png
    srb20010.png
    229.8 KB · Views: 101
Hey!

There are many things to talk about this time.

Status FF 3.PNG

I've worked on every path a little since last time:

srb20023.gif
srb20021.gif
srb20020.gif

The Skybox received a big update to make the place feel a little more connected. It's still very basic right now, but I'm gonna spice it up some more.

srb20020.png

The tone shift will affect the first section, making it a little sinister as well. Right now the section only gets dark, but maybe I will change the textures as well, even though that would be veeeeery tedious.

srb20023.png

Also, I'm still missing a music track for the first section, so feel free to make a suggestion if you want to.

That's pretty much it. See you next time!

Attachments

• srb20021.png
    srb20021.png
    299.7 KB · Views: 78
Hello again!

The last month was certainly experimental and wacky for me. Here is the current map:

Status FF 4.PNG

I'm getting relatively close to finishing the first half happy half and already started working on the original part.

I've tried a new style for vertex slopes:

srb20034.gif

Made an unnecessary and impractical overly big slope:

srb20026.gif

And did some lindef executor stuff:

srb20036.gif

Since making all of this during my finals in school wasn't enough, I also decided mid-month to make a small map for the OLDC as well. Although, I don't have high hopes for this one performing well.

srb20029.png

That's everything from me. See you in the OLDC or whenever.

Attachments

• srb20031.png
    srb20031.png
    285 KB · Views: 70
  • srb20030.png
    srb20030.png
    232 KB · Views: 70
Alright, since I'm going on a vacation and won't have access to my computer during that time, I'm making the update a little early.

Status FF 4.PNG

Not much has changed in the map this time apart from minor additions.

srb20043.png

The tone shift now affects textures and flowers as well, to better suit the mood. Here are some screenshots:

srb20036.png

srb20038.png

srb20046.png

Also, Emblem:

srb20044.png

Like I said, not very much this time around. I've made a demo this time, so you can give me feedback on everything so far, if you like. Even though some areas are a tad unfinished.
That's all I got this time, so thank you for reading and see you next time!

Attachments

• srb20045.png
    srb20045.png
    237.3 KB · Views: 78
  • S_ForestDemo.wad
    2.8 MB · Views: 131
Due to some other events in my life, I'm making the update early again.

I'm getting pretty close to completing the first part. Only a few touch ups and the cave is missing. After that, I will work on the new path of the spooky part of the map and refine some parts of the original map.

Status FF 5.PNG

This time I worked on the inside of the gigantic tree and it's surroundings. Have some gifs.

srb20051.gif
srb20048.gif
srb20049.gif

And some screenshots:

srb20048.png

srb20049.png

srb20050.png

Since I'm making good enough progress, I've decided that I will submit the map to the Autumn ULDC. I'm not entirely sure if I manage to finish the map by then, but this is the plan for now.

That's all I've got for now. Thank you for reading and see you next time.

Hello again. I've kind of forgot to make an update last month, but I managed to do it this time.

Before we start with the usual map update, I would like to say something. From now on I will show progress of Frightful Forrest in the ULDC thread, to draw some more attention there, rather than keeping all the new stuff here. I'll show some of the stuff I made here, but if you want to see everything I made check that thread. Instead, I'll use this thread for more miscellaneous stuff that I'm working on the side.

With that out of the way, here is the current map:

Status FF 6.PNG

I mostly worked on the second path of the spooky part this time, which I tried to make very speed focused. It's pretty much finished at this point, but maybe I'll add more to it later.

srb20061.png
srb20062.gif

Other than that I worked on the skybox some more:

srb20064.png
srb20063.png

I also managed to finish the cave of the first part.

srb20065.png
srb20067.png

That's everything I'll share on this map in this thread. The next post will focus on something else I'm working on. So thank you for reading and see you next time.

Attachments

• srb20057.png
    srb20057.png
    168.8 KB · Views: 57
Merry Christmas everyone!

Frightful Forest is done and will release in the ULDC in a few days! So now since I'm done with this map I'll show you my next projects:

1. Snowy Wonderland
The name for this map is set for reasons I will not tell for now. It's gonna be a short map with the Mario World Snow theme from Mario Maker 2. I haven't started the actual map yet, but I already created some textures and things for the map:

srb20097.png

(I really hope nobody else already did them before...)

2. Ne Hoehle denke ich
As you probably can guess from the title it will be a map with the concept of Festung oder so but with vastly different gameplay and setting. And most importantly, way more fleshed out. Here are some screenshots:

srb20099.png
srb20100.png

And some gifs:

srb20079.gif
srb20092.gif

That's all for now. Thank you for reading and see you in a few years when I remember that this thread exists.

P.S. I edited the first post of this thread to show my current projects so that you can already see on what I'm working on without going to the latest message. The original post is still intact.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Frightful Forest is done and will release in the ULDC in a few days! So now since I'm done with this map I'll show you my next projects:

1. Snowy Wonderland
The name for this map is set for reasons I will not tell for now. It's gonna be a short map with the Mario World Snow theme from Mario Maker 2. I haven't started the actual map yet, but I already created some textures and things for the map:

View attachment 81713

(I really hope nobody else already did them before...)

2. Ne Hoehle denke ich
As you probably can guess from the title it will be a map with the concept of Festung oder so but with vastly different gameplay and setting. And most importantly, way more fleshed out. Here are some screenshots:

View attachment 81715 View attachment 81716

And some gifs:

View attachment 81717 View attachment 81718

That's all for now. Thank you for reading and see you in a few years when I remember that this thread exists.

P.S. I edited the first post of this thread to show my current projects so that you can already see on what I'm working on without going to the latest message. The original post is still intact.
What a great progress you made, even Frightful Forest is done as well! Hope other maps get in OLDC and ULDC (Infact, Frightful Forest might be on ULDC in a few days. which is a awesome to see it ingame on a addon!)

Hey everyone!

Let's talk about what I did the last few months shall we?

I'm making a map pack now. It'll consist off all the maps that I released + a few extra ones I'll create for this pack. Some maps will also be updated to get rid of some minor... nitpicks:

srb20206.gif

I've just started throwing all my maps into a pk3, so it will take a long time until it's coming out. For now, I started working on the title screen which is still very empty right now:

srb20205.gif

That aside, let's talk about my progress on the two maps I'm making right now. First off "Ne Hoehle denke ich".
I have created a big part of the map's geometry since last time. It's now mapped out for about 60%. Since I've been a little unhappy with the texturing in this map I've replaced them with the same textures seen in Seaside Sunrise thanks to some helpful advice over on discord. I also added an edited version for some variety, here are some gifs:

srb20203.gif
srb20202.gif

And some screenshots:

srb20162.png
srb20164.png

Does that mean this map will now be renamed to Seaside Sunrise Act 2? Sort of, but you'll see...

As for the other map "Snowy Wonderland", I haven't done much except for the first area:

srb20207.gif

That's pretty much everything I did in a nutshell. On a different note, I will create a thread over on the srb2 discord server shortly after I'll send this message. I will post something about my progress a little more regularly than here.

That's all I have for now. Thank you for reading and see you soon!

Attachments

• srb20155.png
    srb20155.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 55
omg how am i discovering this now? i need this! i can't wait to see this to its full patential!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back