The Before and After the sequel dualogy

Icarus

Phantasy Savior
Lake Feperd is a really good game designer (especially with Spark the Electric Jester) and those Sonic fangames are really good.

I haven't done the original After the sequel nor its Omega remake but I wish we'll get some kind of remaster of Before or a "Ultimate remaster" of both into one single game.

I like LakeFeperd, but I think that his games lose quality the more you play them. I played Spark the Electric Jester 3 times (the normal playthrough, the Fark playthrough and the hard mode) and I can say that after the 7th stage I think (the one where you go through a big city) the game becomes kind of dull, I also think that Spark the Electric Jester is too easy.

About his fangames, I think they're wonderful. It's been a while since I played them, but from what I remember the fangames also suffer from this downgrade in quality to an extent

I like LakeFeperd, but I think that his games lose quality the more you play them. I played Spark the Electric Jester 3 times (the normal playthrough, the Fark playthrough and the hard mode) and I can say that after the 7th stage I think (the one where you go through a big city) the game becomes kind of dull, I also think that Spark the Electric Jester is too easy.

About his fangames, I think they're wonderful. It's been a while since I played them, but from what I remember the fangames also suffer from this downgrade in quality to an extent
I need to replay Spark again to make a solid opinion of it (I'd also redo Freedom Planet during my holidays).

But I've finished Before the Sequel and it's great. I'd download After the Sequel Omega right after.

Personally, Before and after the sequel are one of the best Fangames I've ever played, i love all of them the soundtrack the levels the graphics everything maybe the only problem in these games is the physics engine since they are very difficult to control which is more noticeable in Omega

talking about Spark seems like a great game to me I personally enjoyed all the stages except Luna Base since i felt it somewhat empty maybe the only real problem is the difficulty of the game since as Linlam mentioned it is too easy I even defeated the real final boss on the first try

Personally, Before and after the sequel are one of the best Fangames I've ever played, i love all of them the soundtrack the levels the graphics everything maybe the only problem in these games is the physics engine since they are very difficult to control which is more noticeable in Omega

talking about Spark seems like a great game to me I personally enjoyed all the stages except Luna Base since i felt it somewhat empty maybe the only real problem is the difficulty of the game since as Linlam mentioned it is too easy I even defeated the real final boss on the first try
Speaking of ATS Omega, I like the work that they put into it but the bosses in the OMEGA version were just infuriatingly difficult and tedious to beat, I did get far into the game but later I just went and played the original. Apparently, the bosses are hard in ATS Omega because "Forces bad and bosses in Forces are too easy", Bosses should not be easy in a 2D Sonic game but they should not be frustrating and sometimes, take literally 3-5 minutes to beat.

Speaking of ATS Omega, I like the work that they put into it but the bosses in the OMEGA version were just infuriatingly difficult and tedious to beat, I did get far into the game but later I just went and played the original. Apparently, the bosses are hard in ATS Omega because "Forces bad and bosses in Forces are too easy", Bosses should not be easy in a 2D Sonic game but they should not be frustrating and sometimes, take literally 3-5 minutes to beat.
Ats Omega has several weird decisions that I never understood why they decided to make bosses harder, although personally they didn't give me much trouble, of course, except for Sugar Splash and Redhot Ride's, and also that Storm Station boss bug that in case you've never heard of him, it's a bug that sends you back to Sugar Splash boss if you defeat the Storm Station boss with the cinematics disabled, which did not happen in the original version but apart from that it seems like a good Remake of Ats.

Ats Omega has several weird decisions that I never understood why they decided to make bosses harder, although personally they didn't give me much trouble, of course, except for Sugar Splash and Redhot Ride's, and also that Storm Station boss bug that in case you've never heard of him, it's a bug that sends you back to Sugar Splash boss if you defeat the Storm Station boss with the cinematics disabled, which did not happen in the original version but apart from that it seems like a good Remake of Ats.
Speaking of bugs, one major bug I encountered in Sonic After the Sequel Omega is that in Dream Dance Zone, the game thinks you're underwater, and you drown with no chance of survival. It doesn't really help with the fact that the boss itself is difficult.

I did, however, enjoy the game as a whole despite the small amount of bugs here and there.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back