• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Super Mario 64 Styled Hud (RELEASED!)

Dee

Red, Orange and ready!
Okay, so to go with the Mario mod that came out (and I loved it so MUCH), I'm currently working on a SM64 styled HUD.
I've currently completed:
  • Big Zone Font (but not big numbers)​
  • Ring and Time Bonuses​
  • Numbers for Rings/Time/Score​
  • Game Over Graphics​
I want to know what you guys think! I have no idea how to use Lua, so this is just a visual mod for now!
srb2win 2022-01-10 01-25-34-425.jpg

srb2win 2022-01-10 01-25-42-881.jpg

60o7dn.gif

60o7h7.gif

60o78y.gif

Capital letter sprites were from The Spriters Resource.
Everything else was made and edited by me!

Attachments

• V_SM64HUD-beta.wad
    29.1 KB · Views: 838
Would the mod change the style of Mario's health icon if it's loaded after him?
Well, if I can do it, then I will when I get to it.
Post automatically merged:

Sm64? More like Mario hud
I also made thisView attachment 59978
I seriously love what you did with the font! The template I was using is pretty limiting, and I changed the rings to coins|rings because someone might be playing as Mario. Great work though!

Okay, so to go with the Mario mod that came out (and I loved it so MUCH), I'm currently working on a SM64 styled HUD.
I've currently completed:
  • Big Zone Font (but not big numbers)​
  • Ring and Time Bonuses​
  • Numbers for Rings/Time/Score​
  • Game Over Graphics​
I want to know what you guys think! I have no idea how to use Lua, so this is just a visual mod for now!
View attachment 59972

View attachment 59973
View attachment 59975
View attachment 59976

View attachment 59974
Capital letter sprites were from The Spriters Resource.
Everything else was made and edited by me!
This is a pretty good looking hud so far! Something that would bother me is the coin not flashing red like the ring is when you do not have any, otherwise pretty good! I wish you luck on release.

• Cool!
Reactions: Dee
This is a pretty good looking hud so far! Something that would bother me is the coin not flashing red like the ring is when you do not have any, otherwise pretty good! I wish you luck on release.
Thanks! This is my first time working on anything like this, so it's great to have support!

for more accurate hud, you can use the Decomp sprites, i can help, because have the sprites of SM64 (i have the port of PC and there is some assets)

• Cool!
maybe you could add a alternate version with the beta font. that would be cool.

• Cool!
I have the assets, but how do I make the numbers fit into the Score/Time/Rings display?

It's because it's a mario hud not a sonic hud and as far as I know the coin doesn't flash red in sm64.

It's because it's a mario hud not a sonic hud and as far as I know the coin doesn't flash red in sm64.
Already know that, like I said though I think it should still flash red when you don’t have any because it just looks weird to me.

Already know that, like I said though I think it should still flash red when you don’t have any because it just looks weird to me.
I could try to edit it, it'll take a little time though.
Post automatically merged:

This isn't hud related but, i made this sm64 title screen recreationView attachment 60076
Great! Do you think it'll go good with the mod?

Last edited:
Here's an updated version of my beta. I might need some help with the placement of the numbers and HUD.

Attachments

• V_SM64HUD-beta.wad
    48.8 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back