StuffAccounts

StuffAccounts 1.3

Sirexer

200% MOTIVATED!
Sirexer submitted a new resource:

StuffAccounts - Script for co-op game type. Players can create an account and save stuff in their accounts.

StuffAccounts
Script for co-op game type. Players can create an account and save stuff in their accounts.
(The player registers his account and login)​
(Stuffs are returned to the player after server restart)​

The script is automated, if the player...

Read more about this resource...

Pikaspoop

This looks really cool! Definitely great for players who want to keep their progress saved in certain servers!
Although, is it possible to modify this script to act as a way to make a server truly private? Perhaps the server administrator could prepare user accounts for friends and require a login to play the game, or kick the player if they wait too long or input the wrong password to many times.
And if that were possible, it'd be a reason to port this script over to Kart as well.
A password system like this has a lot of potential.

Sirexer

200% MOTIVATED!
Sirexer updated StuffAccounts with a new update entry:

HotFix 1.1

1. Fixed save icon in screen resolutions 320x200, 640x400 and others.
  2.  Auto-registration works if the player is moving. So that the player has time to create an account or log in.

Read the rest of this update entry...
Post automatically merged:

Although, is it possible to modify this script to act as a way to make a server truly private?
You can edit the script. Are you saying that a player cannot create an account on a private server? Perhaps I will make such a variable command

Last edited:

Lamibe

As usual don't use a password that you use on another website on this kind of stuff.
There is a reason why there wasn't really any account mod before. It isn't secured.

Read the script and seen vulnerabilities.

At least it's good to have keepstuff on the MB and the idea is good

Sirexer

200% MOTIVATED!
As usual don't use a password that you use on another website on this kind of stuff.
There is a reason why there wasn't really any account mod before. It isn't secured.

Read the script and seen vulnerabilities.

At least it's good to have keepstuff on the MB and the idea is good
Only the host can see and edit passwords. All passwords are stored on the server, the client cannot get someone else's password. But you are absolutely right about passwords on the website, so I made a warning about this when the player uses ac_register. by the way use random password, just type in console "ac_register %yourusername% random" and you get a random password.

JanaSol

Platinum Entertainment/Platinum Sparks
Dont know what's been going wrong, but I've been attempting to use this on SRB2Ex, following the instructions provided, only for the saves itself to not load, and for the auto login to not record case sensitivity. Dont know if thats an error or not, but I've wanted to inform you as I've been attempting to troubleshoot this oddity.

After doing some checking, it looks to be a client/server data send issue, the server has the correct data but its never actually called correctly, despite what the client says. Tested by changing values serverside and logging in only to result in nothing.

I wonder if there's any issues regarding to the script erroring out if steph's stuff isnt loaded

Last edited:

Sirexer

200% MOTIVATED!
After doing some checking, it looks to be a client/server data send issue, the server has the correct data but its never actually called correctly, despite what the client says. Tested by changing values serverside and logging in only to result in nothing.
Are there spaces in the username? I made a mistake in the script, the player can create a username with spaces, but can't login

JanaSol

Are there spaces in the username? I made a mistake in the script, the player can create a username with spaces, but can't login
Nope, no spaces, only capitals that dont get saved properly. Creating an account with capitals tries to log you in without them, only for the server to tell you the account doesnt exist

Sirexer

200% MOTIVATED!
Nope, no spaces, only capitals that dont get saved properly. Creating an account with capitals tries to log you in without them, only for the server to tell you the account doesnt exist
You can record a gif where you create an account with a random password, with the command "ac_register UserQ23 random". No matter how I tried, I can't break it

JanaSol

1659640327382.png
1659640346439.png
1659640369365.png

Found the issue, data seems to be saving across multiple folders, so the game cant find the relevant data due to case sensitivity issues
Dont know how this can get fixed
People who made an account without uppercase letters, they were able to get their stuff back on reload.

These screenshots come from the server's folder where saves are held.

Currently got score loading to work, life loading is a little finnicky with this fix, and shield loading doesnt seem to work

Last edited:

Sirexer

200% MOTIVATED!
View attachment 73818View attachment 73819View attachment 73820

Found the issue, data seems to be saving across multiple folders, so the game cant find the relevant data due to case sensitivity issues
Dont know how this can get fixed
People who made an account without uppercase letters, they were able to get their stuff back on reload.

These screenshots come from the server's folder where saves are held.

Currently got score loading to work, life loading is a little finnicky with this fix, and shield loading doesnt seem to work
I did not think that Linux could create folders with the same name, but with one of them capitalized. I can fix it and release an update in 12 hours.

JanaSol

I did not think that Linux could create folders with the same name, but with one of them capitalized. I can fix it and release an update in 12 hours.
Ah so it was a linux issue? Huh, odd
Figured it worked correctly on windows, so wanted to send a report of it
With manual corrections everything else is working fine

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)