StephChars v2.1 - World Of Colors Update!

StephChars v2.1 - World Of Colors Update! v2.1

Skip development out of context -

Skip went to Brasil, left, came back and now loves it. He then becomes a resident and opens up a mechanics shop. After this he doesn't do drugs. FLUDD explodes, and Skip gets trapped in Corona Mountain.

He listens to fire train music in Corona Mountain after reciting the entirety of Steamed Hams.

Hey,that's a nice poem

that's what you call a overpowered mod.

Jokes aside the mod is pretty impressive and i give mass praise to the creators of this mod.

this really wants me to make a vid.

Last edited:
srb20002.gif
I love this

weird bubble issue found
idk what cause this to happen

Attachments

• srb20452.gif
    4.2 MB · Views: 232
He's here! Man he's so freaking fun to speedrun stages with. Thanks for letting me join the beta test server...even though there were like 2 levels left in the pack lol.

This is the first character in a while that I've done a full playthrough with. The dive provides such a fun, mario-ish twist on the basic gameplay, and the shield crafting, while feeling somewhat superfluous, does a good job of making up for Skip's disadvantage he'd otherwise have in boss fights. A solid, fun character all around.

This might be one of my favorite characters to play ever so far. Literally everything about Skip screams fun, utility, and depth. Its moveset is simple to learn, on flat ground you can easily get a pattern of jump-dive-jump, but once platforming and challenge gets into the levels, it becomes a game of risk vs reward with the character.

I often feel like a daredevil playing this character, seeing how far and how high I could jump off the cliff and land to the next one with relative safety. Every time I fail, it feels like it's my fault, and not to the detriment of a weird, unwieldy control scheme, one that uses too many buttons for my liking, and ones that feel like the controls are actively fighting me every step of the way, its wonderful.

The scrap system is especially brilliant, in both concept and execution. There's an actual incentive to not only destroying badniks and hunting for secrets, but to also actively hunt out for shields which, with any other character, would've been useless a/or a hassle. There's also a tactical element to building the shields themselves (they also lend themselves to a LOT of experimentation which is nice).

Does the upcoming section require verticality, maybe a whirlwind or bubble shield may help?

Is there some wide open area that I need to quickly go through, maybe a fire or thunder shield may help?

Is the next section particularly difficult, and I want some kind of safety net for fucking up my dive, maybe a force shield could help?

A lot of possibilities, a ton of depth, only 2 buttons required, utterly brilliant.

My only problem is that the thunder shield is kinda weird in the sense that it cuts momentum whenever you jump out of it, or the dash runs out, but that's one minor problem in an otherwise excellent character.

Hats off to you, you have my respect now~

Last edited:
He's finally out! Been looking forward to the release, and I'm happy to say that he plays wonderfully!

mind you if i stop abusing the Dive 24/7 i might not be so terrible with him lmao

i'll have another bubbly issue here, but on lava this time
i found this extremely fun to look at

Attachments

• srb20460.gif
    4 MB · Views: 328
Amazing! It looks like that Mario and Luigi paisanos mod that was released on the Editing section.
Anyway this is way better that, but the jump seems a bit too high, and combined with that big dive jump it removes all of the platforming in GFZ. The sprites are awesome, and the running feels smooth and satisfying.

I wish I could experience monitor crafting, but... I am an Android player so i am not able to press jump and spin at the same time. Could you map that just to spin? I dont see a reason why not...

Last edited:
If you load Fehn and Skip at the same time and try to play as Fehn, it'll switch your character to Skip automatically and you'll start the game dancing. Nice egg.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back