SRB2 Rivals (Actually a Super Mario War Mod)

SRB2 Rivals (Actually a Super Mario War Mod) 1.8.0

D00D64

Probably Responsible
Judge
D00D64 submitted a new resource:

SRB2 Rivals 1.8 Beta 2 - "Every 'hog for themselves!"

NOTE: Being a hefty file, this is a Split Archive. You will need to extract both at the same time, to the same place! You'll probably want to use 7zip for this!

Finally, its here! The long awaited remake/remaster/reboot/reimagining/rehydration/rextended cut/rewhachamacallit of SRB2 Rivals! The once all-race focused mod is back for another round, this time with a different focus on combat! Hey, we're not gonna let...

Read more about this resource...

Cman!

I'm legendary right?
Riders was my favorite game on the D00DConsole Can't wait to race! yup defiently.

portscan

kringe
might just be super mario war but I gotta say it's pretty fun
albeit there could have been way more changes, like making the levels use the srb2 textures or the title screen being different

Jer

Lua Beginner
Wait there was an SRB2 Rivals? I'm aware this one's a joke, but like... can someone drop the original SRB2 Rivals so I can see what it was like?

D00D64

Probably Responsible
Judge
D00D64 updated SRB2 Rivals (Actually a Super Mario War Mod) with a new update entry:

Example Skin Package added!

Right, since most of you have guessed by now, and April Fools Day is half-passed oer where I'm at, I've come clean and detailed that yeah, this is totally a Super Mario War mod. More details about it can be found in the description, but I've also added a smalls et of skins; one for the SPB, and two based on my OC, Sarah Brash, in both standard and color-change variations. Hope you had a good First of April!

Read the rest of this update entry...

NeonSRB2

Now with 69% less recolor status!
Hey one thing, I dont know how to make a skin, i've gave it my all and yet it still wont work, I don't see any differences in between it and the examples so maybe i could get full instructions on the skin making process soon?

EDIT: it's fine now it just had to be 24 bit :wow:

Last edited:

GamerLuna2020

The one and only!
it just had to be 24 bit :wow:

(lightly) Yeah, hahahaha... 24 bits.

(lightly) 16 bits.

(firmly) 8 bits.

(angrily) 4 bits!

(angrily) 2 bits!!

(screaming) 1 BIT!!

(screaming) NO BITS

(skyward scream) THE WRIST GAAAAAAME!!

Bananasplits

local resident SMT fan. Also known as Mapper.
sorry is this some really obvious thing but i dont really know how to actually start the game. i download the 001 and 002 files but then what? if thats part of the joke then i understand but i would like an explanation

NeonSRB2

Download both and open the one that will open in 7zip, then create a folder in your File explorer and copy the file path to it, then you extract the contents of the download by clicking extract and pasting in the file path you just copied, now that you can access it in a folder in file explorer, run the super mario war exe.
Post automatically merged:

sorry is this some really obvious thing but i dont really know how to actually start the game. i download the 001 and 002 files but then what? if thats part of the joke then i understand but i would like an explanation
oops forgot to reply

Bananasplits

local resident SMT fan. Also known as Mapper.
Download both and open the one that will open in 7zip, then create a folder in your File explorer and copy the file path to it, then you extract the contents of the download by clicking extract and pasting in the file path you just copied, now that you can access it in a folder in file explorer, run the super mario war exe.
Post automatically merged:

oops forgot to reply
Thanks! What you told me worked!

NARbluebear

Found this on AFD, just now decided to make a comment on it.
Yeah, it is advertised as SRB2 Rivals, but it's Super Mario War. The downside is that it's not SRB2, but the upside is that I found the game I used to sink a lot of hours into, so I see this as an absolute win. Thanks for this, and I hope you continue to make more great mods!

RingHogger

i wont be online again until 8/6/22
how do i open 100, 200 and 300 files?!
yes, sure i followed this to the best of my ability but the 100 file spits out a 7z file! it has no header so i cant frickin open it! 9zip cant open it because it has no header, 7zip cant open it for some reason, it doesnt make any sense!

NeonSRB2

how do i open 100, 200 and 300 files?!

yes, sure i followed this to the best of my ability but the 100 file spits out a 7z file! it has no header so i cant frickin open it! 9zip cant open it because it has no header, 7zip cant open it for some reason, it doesnt make any sense!
One of them should work check both

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)