[SRB2 Riders] Onyx Forest 1 (k_OnyxForest1.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZarroTsu

Over The Speed Limit
Next level for the first cup of my maps, OnyxForest, is now complete. It's a little longer than Silver Circuit, also offering some minor on-road obstacles.

Map is MAPZ1. (Silver Circuit now uses MAPZ0; download the new version of that if you haven't.)

Attachments

• k_OnyxForest1.zip
    130 KB · Views: 452
  • srb20108.png
    srb20108.png
    53.2 KB · Views: 390
  • srb20109.png
    srb20109.png
    62.1 KB · Views: 386
  • srb20110.png
    srb20110.png
    60 KB · Views: 341
  • srb20111.png
    srb20111.png
    63.8 KB · Views: 359

Course Record:
(No items)
1:18.88 ~ ZarroTsu

Lap Record: (No items)
0:26.05 ~ ZarroTsu

Uh, why's it called "Onyx" Forest? I don't see anything in this level to suggest that name. Don't just use words because they sound cool.

Now, that aside, it's a pretty neat little level...the scenery is decent and I love the shortcut. However, there's very little variation in anything...there should be some visually distinct parts to give a clue as to what part of the track the player is on. Maybe have a little bridge over a pond, or a short cave section...anything to shake things up a little.

Uh, why's it called "Onyx" Forest? I don't see anything in this level to suggest that name. Don't just use words because they sound cool.

Onyx is a dark stone, right? An easy explanation to insert would be is the floor reminds the creator of Onyx, so he chose Onyx as the name. (Or, Onyx is actually the stone used to create that dark road)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back