• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2 Xmas remiX (Abandoned)

Stardust Dragon

A Rising Dragon
Ok... First of all, recently I got back working on my Christmas mod I'll drop some gifs that I posted on Imgur to show my friends how the progress is going. (lots of them is an early EARLY BETA). Well, this thread originally was a response of someone that got banned that was trying to make something like that. Actually, I'm not the only one working on this mod. There's a lot of members of the Brazillian community (Yes another Brazillian mod XD). I'm sorry if forgot to mention someone because there's a lot of members helping us, anyway thanks to; Xelork, The_angry, Jon, Junio mene, Gandy, and other people that I can't remember right now.

Ok! Let's talk about the features that we planned for the game so far:

-We plan to change zones names.
-Make a winter theme for all texture (Yes re-texture so far).
-Change the day time for each zone (like a day zone will turn into the night time).
-Add new features for each zone: Greenflower zone will have ice over water. Techno Hill instead of goop, it will be cold water that drains the player's rings and freeze it after some time underwater (just like when dirk froze someone in battle mode). DSZ we are not sure yet, but we plan to re-use the THZ feature. Arid Canon will have a more vertical wind that will interrupt the player to progress. So far are those the main changes in the zones, we plan to change but so far those are the changes.

-A new treasure hunt mode called "CHRISTMAS REMIX" that before complete each zone players will have to get all hidden presents in each zone.

srb20131.gif

(Thanks Xelork for this present XD, we plan to use splats in 2.2.9)​

-A modified level design.
-New zone with new bosses and new enemies (I don't think we can do this before Christmas arrive but I positive we can).
-Remix of that original soundtrack with a Christmas vibe (if we reunite a team to remake the soundtrack of course).

I don't know if we will complete this mod before Christmas because we are working slowly on this mod (actually is totally my fault), but we are trying our best to make this mod the best we can do.

Christmas Remix. Where have I heard that mod name before?

I like that you're going for the Ice temple theme for DSZ. Let's hope you get to keep it where I wasn't able to in my Christmas mode restoration mod.

This seems so cool! But, here's a list of the levels that I recommend fixing and the ones that don't:

GFZ 1-3:
Clearable
THZ1:
So many softlocks! Fix them up with springs!
THZ2:
Same with THZ. Heart and Diamond Emblems need to be moved or the way to get them must be fixed. Switch in Gel area needs spring...
THZ3 - BCZ3:
Clearable
Frozen Hillside:
It can be done! Already an ice level!
Pipe Towers:
Clearable
Forbidden Fortress:
Clearable
Aireal Garden:
Same with Pipe Towers
Basically, every bonus Stage and NiGHTS are doable. Techno Hill 1 & 2 need major changes.

This seems so cool! But, here's a list of the levels that I recommend fixing and the ones that don't:

GFZ 1-3:
Clearable
THZ1:
So many softlocks! Fix them up with springs!
THZ2:
Same with THZ. Heart and Diamond Emblems need to be moved or the way to get them must be fixed. Switch in Gel area needs spring...
THZ3 - BCZ3:
Clearable
Frozen Hillside:
It can be done! Already an ice level!
Pipe Towers:
Clearable
Forbidden Fortress:
Clearable
Aireal Garden:
Same with Pipe Towers
Basically, every bonus Stage and NiGHTS are doable. Techno Hill 1 & 2 need major changes.
Ideas for X-mas versions of Castle Eggman, Red Volcano, Egg Rock, and Black Core!
-CEZ has heavy snow instead of mud
-RVZ's lava is blue!
-ERZ is dressed up and frozen!
-BCZ is xtra Frosty! Have fun slipping around in act 2 and 3! >:)

looks really cool! hope its finished! but release it on christmas or in december lol

Ideas for X-mas versions of Castle Eggman, Red Volcano, Egg Rock, and Black Core!
-CEZ has heavy snow instead of mud
-RVZ's lava is blue!
-ERZ is dressed up and frozen!
-BCZ is xtra Frosty! Have fun slipping around in act 2 and 3! >:)
Realistically it probably wouldn't make sense, but I'd like to see a Blue Mountain take on RVZ, where the walls are blue, its snowy, and the lava is all cooled down (you can walk on the lava now)
I say realistically it wouldn't make sense because i dont think the inside of a volcano can be frozen and the magma can be cool.
ERZ Christmas sounds interesting, cant help but think about the mechanical maps from SRB2 Xmas 0.96.

Do NOT make going into the ring draining water mandatory ever, not saying that would happen but you mentioned Deep Sea so yeah. Someone made a comment about Deep Sea's water being all frozen, and I think an iceslide could be fun at the beginning of Deep Sea 2. So much of Deep Sea is water, seems like youd have to make alot of creative liberties possibly, but i mean you'd also have to for the ring drain water, since uh... so much of deep sea is water...

Realistically it probably wouldn't make sense, but I'd like to see a Blue Mountain take on RVZ, where the walls are blue, its snowy, and the lava is all cooled down (you can walk on the lava now)
I say realistically it wouldn't make sense because i dont think the inside of a volcano can be frozen and the magma can be cool.
ERZ Christmas sounds interesting, cant help but think about the mechanical maps from SRB2 Xmas 0.96.

Do NOT make going into the ring draining water mandatory ever, not saying that would happen but you mentioned Deep Sea so yeah. Someone made a comment about Deep Sea's water being all frozen, and I think an iceslide could be fun at the beginning of Deep Sea 2. So much of Deep Sea is water, seems like youd have to make alot of creative liberties possibly, but i mean you'd also have to for the ring drain water, since uh... so much of deep sea is water...
Then, I have an idea: Maybe add the Flame-Bubble Shield at places! It stopped you from drowning... Maybe stops from freezing too! I have a feeling that Tails and Metal will be immune to the freezing waters. And, a iceslide sounds really cool! Mario 64 got in my head again from that! The blue magma was an idea from SM3DW, how one of it's levels had that. And, to make it fair BCZ1 can just be decorated with little ice, but the platforms on BCZ2 & 3 can be more annoying thanks to ice. So far, this idea seems really cool! And, I guess this counts as begging, but I don't really care if this offer gets accepted or not, but if you don't mind, I'd like to attempt to beta test this mod! It seems really cool so far and I'd love to experience it first-hand to give more feedback! Again, this offer is pointless, and you don't have to accept this, or even read it.
Post automatically merged:

Then, I have an idea: Maybe add the Flame-Bubble Shield at places! It stopped you from drowning... Maybe stops from freezing too! I have a feeling that Tails and Metal will be immune to the freezing waters. And, a iceslide sounds really cool! Mario 64 got in my head again from that! The blue magma was an idea from SM3DW, how one of it's levels had that. And, to make it fair BCZ1 can just be decorated with little ice, but the platforms on BCZ2 & 3 can be more annoying thanks to ice. So far, this idea seems really cool! And, I guess this counts as begging, but I don't really care if this offer gets accepted or not, but if you don't mind, I'd like to attempt to beta test this mod! It seems really cool so far and I'd love to experience it first-hand to give more feedback! Again, this offer is pointless, and you don't have to accept this, or even read it.
But, I'd agree with the non-mandatory frozen water, I guess it'll work in some but not all places.

You know, the water in Frozen Hillside doesnt hurt but the whole level is icy, perhaps cold water in deep sea wouldn't hurt the player either. Goop being cold damage/ringdrain water is peculiar though, cant say what would happen to goop if it were to freeze but WHAT IF it was like unfreezable, or had a very high freezing point and instead bounced the player like a trampoline?

You know, the water in Frozen Hillside doesnt hurt but the whole level is icy, perhaps cold water in deep sea wouldn't hurt the player either. Goop being cold damage/ringdrain water is peculiar though, cant say what would happen to goop if it were to freeze but WHAT IF it was like unfreezable, or had a very high freezing point and instead bounced the player like a trampoline?
Oh yeah! That'll make sense! But, how would you get some of the stuff under the goop? I'd say, it'll have an increased bounce due to freezing pressure. I guess THZ can still have the frosty water, but only in Act 1. Maybe GFZ2 can have the same thing. And, you know the places that used to have water in ACZ (Those areas that looked like water ran through it), make it snow. And, Egg Castle should have heavy snow, but in Act 2, the interior should be warm and cozy in it's decorated halls, while outside is a blizzard. Along with this, a blizzard could also be in Act 1, having it drain 1 ring every 5 seconds.

There's no need for "weather damage" imo, I think the weather visual is good enough. I think Goop would literally be bouncy floor, they can probably remove the stuff under the goop.

Yeah I was thinking like as soon as you touch the goop, it bounces you, like a bouncy floor. How fast you're falling effects how high it bounces you, would be a very unique gimmick and seperate the xmas levels from their original counterparts quite alot considering there would have to be more map changes to accommodate said new gimmick.
Let's say Eggman changed his levels to make it so you have to bounce up to reach the next part of the level, instead of going under the goop.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back