• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Soap the Hedge! (FINISHED, GO TO https://mb.srb2.org/addons/soap-the-hedge.5028/ )

Rule 15 + youre the only one asking that so whos "we"?
I didn't mean it like that, its just something I hope someone does in the future + just because I say we doesn't mean that multiple people are asking.
Post automatically merged:

Also could we not do this kind of argument right now? I'm not in the mood for this shit.

I feel like I need to interject just to ensure that an argument doesn't get dragged out here. These exact ones have been coming up a lot, you see; let's not have another.

Anyway, interesting art style for Soap's sprites. Reminds me of old Flash cartoons from my youth. It's cute.

alright.... I get stuck when I do the laugh emote
Post automatically merged:

I'm basically forced to retry the level
Whoops, I guess messing with the states messed something up.

What's new in this thing?
-Removed the apose state substituting for states missing their sprites, a bit like this
1669603521924.png

This should fix the stasis not going away after laughing​
Go ahead and get the new patch!

Attachments

• Soap the Hedge indev2.1.6.pk3
    4.1 MB · Views: 279
Any news for soap?
I've got some minor news for Soap, which are all sprite related. but really nothing interesting I guess. I'm still working on redoing some sprites, especially the HANG sprites, since they use some remnants from his .wad days, and his EDGE sprites since they're just lazily made.

Whoops, I guess messing with the states messed something up.

-Removed the apose state substituting for states missing their sprites, a bit like thisView attachment 79958
This should fix the stasis not going away after laughing​
Go ahead and get the new patch!

Wow, theses sprites are so drawn well. Even fits in SRB2's art style mixs. This reminds me of that art sprites from Friday Night Funkin'

The next update is taking a while to push out, so I'll give some news about next update.
  • I've been doing a lot of cleaning up on the code since it's very messy, and some variables apply for everyone (like the rolltrol), which they won't be in the new update.
  • New frames added, you'd probably seen me draw these on my stream from Saturday (???)
That's it for now, but the new code will be pretty cool, making some local variables into player variables.
1670519911571.png

I might release a build soon, but probably not until I fix some more bugs. Let me know what you guys think!

Ok, first part of the version 3.0 build is out now!
Wait, first part? That's right, this update is coming in 2 parts (maybe 3)!
First part is this, getting all of the relatively minor stuff out of the way first.
Second part is updating any old animations and adding any missing ones
And, last but not least, the third part is gonna be a massive rewrite of some files, Awsum!!1

• Character tag in character select updated
  • Placeholder sprites
  • New wait sprites
  • Started updating FKIK
  • New skid sprites
  • Cool new table made for all of Soaps variables
  • Modified several scripts to only affect 1 person instead of everyone in the server
  • Deleted a file or two to save on space
  • Also deleted all footstep sounds to save on space
I believe that should be everything new, and wow, is that a lot of changes.
I don't really know what else to put here, besides to have fun with this little dude, and that the next part might be coming soon.
I'll just fill the rest with silly pictures.
1670652699713.png
1670652944375.png
1670653066880.png

Attachments

• Soap the Hedge indev3.0.p1.pk3
    1.8 MB · Views: 275
This next part is taking a while, but I am still working on it, so here's a little update.
As stated in my previous post, this update is gonna be all about animations, and I've updated quite a few animations.
So far, I think I'm making some great progress, and hope to have the next part released soon.
1671332599442.png

I just realized that the HANG sprites are actually called RIDE.
Anyway, it's been over a month since I've last posted, and I wanna update you guys on what I've been doing with this goober

On the coding side, I've been working on a new ability, and experimenting with ghosts. Along with some other minor stuff, I feel like that should be one of the coolest things featured in v3.0.p3.

On the animation side, I've just been doing that, Adobe Animating. I have finished redrawing most animations, and finished some of the missing ones.
deaths0001.png

If I stay more focused on animating instead of coding, I might have v3.0.p2 out soon... maybe.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back