Settling my screenshot issue-once and for all

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazeFan1

Hi folks.

I've been having issues with using screenshots since I joined this community. As a rookie stage designer, I kind of need to post screenshots about my levels to attract more players.

I know how to take a screenshot, and that it is saved into my SRB2 folder, but that still leaves the question no-one has ever directly answered for me.

How do I put a screenshot directly into my forum post?

Searching for some way around this, I put screenshots on photobucket and links in my post, but that site is slow and horrible.

I know I've seen other members put screenshots directly into a post before. How can this be done?

TinyPic or Imageshack, those are two great suggestions. Photobucket also compresses Bitmaps to look like JPGs for some reason.

If you are using using Imageshack to upload the screenshot, look for "Links to share your image" and copypaste "Direct link" and add

Tinypic it is then.

Now, I haven't actually looked at it yet, but as far as I know, you've just given me another seperate website for these pictures. Hopefully when I use it it will become apparent how to put these pictures into posts on the SRB2 message board.

Well, I'm off to look at this site then.

Come on, guys, the ability to put an image in your post isn't limited to certain sites!

Just put
Code:
[img]place[/img][IMG]http://imagesite.com/place/image.png[/IMG]
where you want the image, replacing "place" with your image. Alternatively, if you're putting it in Releases, just attach the image.

Red Echidna, the only place I want to put images is in the big post that appears at the top of each page on something I released. As far as I know, you can't just copy and paste images into posts there or anywhere. Let me try this other image place thing.

Also, whatever you tried to place in your post came up as just an x to me.

Idk what was going on there.

Reguardless, I got it working finally. Go check on any of my three levels in releases, they should all have screenshots now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back