• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Scourge The Hedgehog

Cheeseboi!

addicted to freeslots
So, like I want to make Scourge in srb2, and I can do spriting and I've made decent CSS art for him, but the problem is that I need help with the lua.

So, like I want to make Scourge in srb2, and I can do spriting and I've made decent CSS art for him, but the problem is that I need help with the lua.
The CSS is messy so I will clean it up

Attachments

• Scourge.png
    Scourge.png
    85.3 KB · Views: 705
Last edited:
Post automatically merged:

The CSS is messy so I will clean it up
You'll need to post that on the dc server anyways, don't overwork yourself, good luck

Spriting but some of my old style came into it. :dramahog:

A VERY early version of Scourge. He's built off of Cheeseboi, my other mod. The CSS art, standing and waiting sprites and the goal sign are the only sprites. The rest is Cheeseboi, as this is built off of him. A lua i made (NOT FINAL) is also there. load scourge before the lua so SRB2 doesn't shut down saying unknown skin "scourge". Other than that, enjoy!

Attachments

• Scourge diagonal front idle again.png
    Scourge diagonal front idle again.png
    1.6 KB · Views: 224
  • Scourge front idle again.png
    Scourge front idle again.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 205
  • Scourge Life.png
    Scourge Life.png
    7.9 KB · Views: 179
  • Scourge Signpost HD.png
    Scourge Signpost HD.png
    48.1 KB · Views: 176
  • Scourge yess.jpg
    Scourge yess.jpg
    348.9 KB · Views: 216
  • SCOURGE TEST.wad
    667.8 KB · Views: 221
  • SCOURGELUA.lua
    522 bytes · Views: 203
Last edited:

A VERY early version of Scourge. He's built off of Cheeseboi, my other mod. The CSS art, standing and waiting sprites and the goal sign are the only sprites. The rest is Cheeseboi, as this is built off of him. A lua i made (NOT FINAL) is also there. load scourge before the lua so SRB2 doesn't shut down saying unknown skin "scourge". Other than that, enjoy!
You need to put it together in slide so you put in the lua in the skin
Post automatically merged:

*slade

The sprites lack darker colors, and I can see a lot of banding, but other than that they're pretty decent. The style reminds me of that one USA Sonic mod on Gamebanana, especially the muzzle. I can see a lot of potential in this project; hope it goes well!

Rule 17: Be respectful to artists, musicians, modders, etc. Always use constructive criticism.
bro, just edit vanilla sonic sprites for the love of god.

Personally I'd prefer to see the character made in the artist's own style. Although it may not look as polished as the base game's graphics, it'll give them much more experience that will come in handy for future projects. Besides, I thought the style was kind of cute.

However, I know the task of making an entire character's worth of sprites is huge, so I certainly wouldn't blame them for continuing the project as a vanilla Sonic edit. The character won't stand out as much that way, in my opinion, since there are already so many Sonic edits out there, but it's a valid way to go for sure.

Ultimately it's up to you to decide which way to go, and I wish you luck either way!

Personally I'd prefer to see the character made in the artist's own style. Although it may not look as polished as the base game's graphics, it'll give them much more experience that will come in handy for future projects. Besides, I thought the style was kind of cute.

Not only do I absolutely agree with this, I also feel that his style expresses Scourge's personality better.

Scourge with the lua.
I'm going to edit the STANDA1 sprite because he has no emotion and it's starting to bother me.

Attachments

• SCOURGE TEST (WITH LUA).wad
    619.7 KB · Views: 122
Scourge with the lua.
I'm going to edit the STANDA1 sprite because he has no emotion and it's starting to bother me.
in my opinion it starts pretty good but I would advise you to use a reference image to the character to help you because honestly it's just my opinion it looks pretty good especially the pallete that uses but after you don't have to listen what i said

I might just work on other mods now as I've just got no creative freedom. It doesn't mean it's cancelled but it's probably not going to come out soon.

Attachments

• Bye (For Now).png
    Bye (For Now).png
    60.8 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back