Scarf The Wolf

Scarf The Wolf V2.3.2

Dust Sans

Lets Dance.
If anyone wants to participate in my project. I accept it. If you would like to improve my creation. On scripts and on sprites
Post automatically merged:

turns out you can actually do a gravity jump out of the double jump if you switch, so that's cool
also, there's a heavy bug if you go hyper with xmomentum. the game runs slower, music stutters, etc.
I didn't notice what you wrote, but I will say something. It does not support Xmomentum.

Last edited:

HEAT_END

Shining Finger (she/her)
Just played a bit of a single player campaign with him. Definitely a solid character, and I had fun with him. He's fun for sure! Having access to a triple jump and keeping momentum based on that is fun, with the tradeoff of no spin/etc.. Some might argue that's a little too good (and part of me agrees? But I love stuff like that, so I'm biased towards going "let it rock", haha) but I think it works out well here, since it doesn't seem to be breaking levels super duper hard. Maybe some, but eh, vanilla chars can do similar things. I digress.

I think making people have to swap to different abilities is a bit unnecessary though - could just pull a Jana and have the airdash/jump mapped to Custom 1 or something, while he just naturally has a double jump. Easier said than done, for sure. The ability swapping is definitely fun, but after a while I was wondering why I even needed to do a swap in the first place - when would I not want to triple jump? Might just be easier to just have the option with less button pushed. But it depends on key layout, I suppose.

The sword enhancing springs seemed weird to me though. Breaking down walls/floors, sure. Why have it enhance springs? I found that by sheer accident, and honestly it's not even that big of a deal, just a minor nitpick I figured I'd point out. And even more of a minor nitpick, I think the text in the character select could maybe be tidied up a bit. "From a speed's is a bunny hops game" left me a little confused. But it's not the worst dealbreaker in the world, really.

Pretty neat! Good stuff. It's not 100% perfect, but I think it's a solid first attempt.

Dust Sans

Lets Dance.
Just played a bit of a single player campaign with him. Definitely a solid character, and I had fun with him. He's fun for sure! Having access to a triple jump and keeping momentum based on that is fun, with the tradeoff of no spin/etc.. Some might argue that's a little too good (and part of me agrees? But I love stuff like that, so I'm biased towards going "let it rock", haha) but I think it works out well here, since it doesn't seem to be breaking levels super duper hard. Maybe some, but eh, vanilla chars can do similar things. I digress.

I think making people have to swap to different abilities is a bit unnecessary though - could just pull a Jana and have the airdash/jump mapped to Custom 1 or something, while he just naturally has a double jump. Easier said than done, for sure. The ability swapping is definitely fun, but after a while I was wondering why I even needed to do a swap in the first place - when would I not want to triple jump? Might just be easier to just have the option with less button pushed. But it depends on key layout, I suppose.

The sword enhancing springs seemed weird to me though. Breaking down walls/floors, sure. Why have it enhance springs? I found that by sheer accident, and honestly it's not even that big of a deal, just a minor nitpick I figured I'd point out. And even more of a minor nitpick, I think the text in the character select could maybe be tidied up a bit. "From a speed's is a bunny hops game" left me a little confused. But it's not the worst dealbreaker in the world, really.

Pretty neat! Good stuff. It's not 100% perfect, but I think it's a solid first attempt.
I did the sword because-how could you beat enemies/bosses, break walls and the floor, how could you speedrun for it. I was exactly trying to keep it at the level of imbo and balanced. Like the Marine level from RushChars. But she doesn't have it crooked. The funny thing is that this sword and makes for air from Techno Hill ACT 2. That's not what I was talking about. Because it's a bug I don't know how to fix. But all in all I'm glad you like it.

HEAT_END

Shining Finger (she/her)
I did the sword because-how could you beat enemies/bosses, break walls and the floor, how could you speedrun for it. I was exactly trying to keep it at the level of imbo and balanced. Like the Marine level from RushChars. But she doesn't have it crooked. The funny thing is that this sword and makes for air from Techno Hill ACT 2. That's not what I was talking about. Because it's a bug I don't know how to fix. But all in all I'm glad you like it.
I suppose that's fair, but it does look a little wonky having it enhance springs. Walls and enemies obviously makes sense, but perhaps I'm being too nitpicky. I feel like there's maybe a better way to do it (still having the ability to enhance springs), but I'm no character designer so I can't say for sure haha.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)