[canceled] Saturn Dreams model pack

[canceled] Saturn Dreams model pack 2.5

First I'd suggest adding jeckjims model pack. you just have to add the model folder and the models.dat file to the srb2 folder. Then go into settings/options in srb2, go to visual options, change the renderer to opengl, then stay in visual options and go to opengl options and turn on models. If everything went right, models should work. Come back here when that's done.
I already use Jeck Jims' model pack and the gr_models is on. next step?

no problem, BUT JUST IN CASE, if you wanna add extra models, (aka: models not included in the pack.) you have To put it in a format like this:
SMS VDLC/PLAY+/SMS.md3 3.0 0.0 (Note: "VDLC/PLAY+" is the path to the files, and you don't have to add the models folder in it because that's the name of the .dat file.) You know how to edit the .dat file right?

no problem, BUT JUST IN CASE, if you wanna add extra models, (aka: models not included in the pack.) you have To put it in a format like this:
SMS VDLC/PLAY+/SMS.md3 3.0 0.0 (Note: "VDLC/PLAY+" is the path to the files, and you don't have to add the models folder in it because that's the name of the .dat file.) You know how to edit the .dat file right?
but I wanna make this clear, we replace the md2 files with the Saturn dreams ones?

Here it is
Post automatically merged:

this is what you needed right?

Attachments

• 2021-08-18-19-27-14.png
    2021-08-18-19-27-14.png
    156.1 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
this seems alright. remind what the exact problem is.
So when i remove the Jim's sonic model and replace it with SD sonic it doesn't work at all, sometimes it goes glitchy with SD colors and the shape of Jim's sonic, other times it will just use the normal software model.

Here is an example

Also i wanna point out that i found 2 more models.dat files when installing it (i renamed them models.dat 2 and 2.5 to keep track)

Attachments

• 2021-08-18-21-32-57.png
    2021-08-18-21-32-57.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 225
Last edited:
So when i remove the Jim's sonic model and replace it with SD sonic it doesn't work at all, sometimes it goes glitchy with SD colors and the shape of Jim's sonic, other times it will just use the normal software model.

Here is an example

Also i wanna point out that i found 2 more models.dat files when installing it (i renamed them models.dat 2 and 2.5 to keep track)
You need to open the models dat and rename the SONIC/PLAY sonic.md3 3.0 0.0
To SDSONIC/PLAY SDSONIC.md3 (size of the model here check the 2nd models dat to find out)

You need to open the models dat and rename the SONIC/PLAY sonic.md3 3.0 0.0
To SDSONIC/PLAY SDSONIC.md3 (size of the model here check the 2nd models dat to find out)
Nothing has changed as the model is still 2d, I'm still using the jeck jim's patch model's dat file but i just changed the things you said to change

Update: All i had to do was change Char to PLAY

Last edited:
Back