This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
What about the super sprites update cuz you made a voting. Next you made an update which I did not test... Oh well never mind, good work!

The Super sprites will be updated in a future update. As of now it still remains with the old ones until i finnish the new ones.

well i'm not interested about your character (edit: i'm interested about updates !)! but good job ;)
maybe i will play with him in the future

Last edited:
Hmmm 2.1 Rafael? Whats next?

2.0 rafael

final demo [1.09.4] rafael

I think you're asking for too much, don't make requests most of the time alright.

Try to keep requests private unless otherwise stated, no one really makes mods for outdated versions around here so the whole wanting Rafael in older versions thing is more of up to the decision of the creator of the mod so be patient for that kind of stuff (sorry if this is backseat moderating).

I think you're asking for too much, don't make requests most of the time alright.

Try to keep requests private unless otherwise stated, no one really makes mods for outdated versions around here so the whole wanting Rafael in older versions thing is more of up to the decision of the creator of the mod so be patient for that kind of stuff (sorry if this is backseat moderating).

I pretty much saw a video with rafael on srb2 2.0 on discord, so technacly 2.0 Rafael would exist, and i dont think a 1.09.4 rafael would exist.

Well, now I can say what I don't like about this:
#1: Your spriting style doesn't fit SRB2 - Try looking at the vanilla character sprites for inspiration, and try to replicate its style. Also, you could give him a more mature design, he looks too cartoony and that's another reason for that feeling of unfitting
#2: Abilities - Try to play around a bit with Lua to give him some new and interesting abilities to make him a bit more unique and original (your mod isn't the only one with this flaw tho)
#3: Description - I had to look at the Legacy thread to know a bit about them, try to explain them, at least with something basic

I expect this to be better than my previous attempt, but I have Asperger Syndrome and we Aspies are well known for being unable to properly interact with another people

#1: Your spriting style doesn't fit SRB2 - Try looking at the vanilla character sprites for inspiration, and try to replicate its style. Also, you could give him a more mature design, he looks too cartoony and that's another reason for that feeling of unfitting
#2: Abilities - Try to play around a bit with Lua to give him some new and interesting abilities to make him a bit more unique and original (your mod isn't the only one with this flaw tho)
#3: Description - I had to look at the Legacy thread to know a bit about them, try to explain them, at least with something basic

I expect this to be better than my previous attempt, but I have Asperger Syndrome and we Aspies are well known for being unable to properly interact with another people

I appreciate that you at least gave a review here, I'm making the new sprites right now and the abilities are on the works, it might take a while. Now when you mentioned about him being cartoony, I'm really sorry but it is purely intencional. He is actually a cartoony human despise it not being mentioned anywhere but I also didn't get the idea of unfitting there because he well... isn't from the Sonic Universe but I'll still look for fixing the major problems, for now it will just have minor updates and patches.

Thank you for leaving a review here :)
(Despise it being ban evasion)

I agree about having new sprites closer to v2.2 style and about abilities this is your character so you are free what do you put on it
And here is an advise from me ;)
Make sure you test refeal almost as possible time as you can to know some rare bugs that happened with him !

Last edited:
heres an interessing review:
rafael is an orignal character with while not being the most polished character has his own ways to be a really fun character to play as ima list some lil problems(cus theres really only lil ones at my eyes) and why he is fun to play as

lil problems: rafael doesnt really have a backstory wich make him just a "ye ima just go to help sonic n pals cus why not", i think that the character is a lil underpowered wich make him really hard to master properly this isnt a real problem but he cant really stand a race against even a amy

positive stuff: the spritework for rafael is really original and even if not really fitting in srb2 he do feel like he would have been on a srb2 fangame without real need of being modified or anything, the multitude duo he can make due to his homing jumpthok make him a good protector and a good speedrunner, one last thing is that he is very begginer friendly and the past spring ability make him safe for use

understand that these are just my trough and as updates will comes ill have surelly other details to note

Last edited:

#1: okay, what the fuck lmao, this is not a reason, there are a lot of characters that their sprites doesn't fit with SRB2, and giving him a "mature" design is, no offense, an stupid reason, there are a lot of cartoon characters in srb2.

#2: okay, this one i agree, Rafael's gameplay should have more unique and original things!

#3: the thread is ok for me.

V4.4. :
- Added the homing attack from DrTrystan's RafaPatch.
- Added commands.
- Fixed some offsets.
- Emotes were fixed thanks to Frostikiin.
- Super sprites were updated.
- Chill has now a super theme.
- Kazotsky Kick Dance fixed.

Last edited:
V4.4. :
- Added the homing attack from DrTrystan's RafaPatch.
- Added commands.
- Fixed some offsets.
- Emotes were fixed thanks to Frostikiin.
- Super sprites were updated.
- Chill has now a super theme.
- Kazotsky Kick Dance fixed.

I really hope you fix the pixels on Super Rafael's shoes, they're kinda distracting tbh

holy fucking shit wha- what are all these changes...anyway i now know why this update took time it looks very promising

assuming this character is a self-insert, what did you do in the kart krew server? i know you said not to ask but it's apparently what you're best known for so

not srb2 artstyle grrr

seriously tho, this is a fun character to play as, also hugs, nice |:]

0KJIqRU.png
XD

assuming this character is a self-insert, what did you do in the kart krew server? i know you said not to ask but it's apparently what you're best known for so
Oh, that's an really old description. I'm actually suprised you read that and asked since most people don't read the CSS description.

It will have a thread containing some extra footage but if you don't want spoilers about Rafael's development, you can ignore this.
It was around 2019, I made my character into SRB2 Kart as my first mod ever (I honestly didn't expect it to work since the only things I had were a tutorial video and my dumb brain) The character wasn't released at that moment for some reasons, he would even have a backstory of how he got into karts. Of course that at that time I knew SRB2 but ussualy got bored with it since I already unlocked all the levels and saw that no one hosted servers anymore (expect for one but it was empty) I through since I made a skin in SRB2 Kart, I would try to see how a skin "works" in SRB2 and when I first saw it, I through it was too hard to make, but then I would never know how it would be if I never tried it. Soo I tried and it was actually not bad. (Until I knew how to do it correctly and geez, how it is hard) I used SSNSonic as a reference for the walking frames, I drawed the arms and the legs but at that time I didn't notice that they looked weird... Especially the legs. Then I added some abilities from other mods, Yeah, you heard it right. I imported F Sonic's abilities to my character, I didn't knew if he was reusable at the time since I didn't knew about the MB rules and I also didn't have Discord soo I was technically dumb. :P
After I finished making my character into SRB2, I decided to make my brother in, as well as some other characters that never saw the light of the day As I was making them I also decided to make a mod where it would contain all those characters in one single pack as well with some extra maps obviously not stolen. (they were, idk ._.) I eventually stopped working on the project because of my stupidity, when 2.2 released the mod was going to have a port, it were made some stuff like cutscenes, titlescreen animations, music from a shitty playstore app (jk, it's actually good), new maps and new characters. I sucked at lua soo I couldn't port FSonic's abilities, soo it was left as a Sonic reskin which today is now known as Legacy Rafael. The maps were obviously broken but the mod itself was kinda good. (jk, it's actually cringe) I decided to finnaly make an MB account to publish my mod, and the rest is another story.
I hope something is done about the random glowing pixels on super Rafael's shoes, it's really distracting imo

Don't worry, the shoes will be reworked. 😅

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back