Eldog

attachment.php

μpak (known by some as Mupak) aims to be a pack of race maps that vary in difficulty, time, and theme.

Included Levels:
attachment.php

The classic reborn! Desert Rift Neos will have you fly through setpieces new and old, maneuvering through
long, quick river gulleys, tight mineshafts, and precarious scaffolding.

attachment.php

Begin in a small deserted village as you travel along a darkened freeway, arriving in the
glowing remains of a once bustling metropolis before you make your way back to the beginning.

attachment.php

Race down into a river valley as you swerve to avoid trees, vines, and ancient ruins before
ascending a large cliff and catapulting off of a waterfall to retrace your steps.

attachment.php

Wind your way up an unusual vertically structured map as you race along this impromptu
go-kart track, swerving around stacks of tires, concrete pillars, and most importantly, other
racers in the claustrophobic interior of the parking garage.

attachment.php

Wind through the underbelly of a bustling metropolis, through quickly flowing water, and
along slick wet roads as you seek refuge from a raging storm underground.

attachment.php

Stuck plummeting in a continuous freefall on a fragmented racetrack, hop from island to island
across perilous gaps and over dilapidated bridges as you descend faster and faster into the
endless void.

attachment.php

Let the roar of the crowd wash over you as you tear up the arenacross's dirt and mud track,
your kart grinding along the metal reinforcements as you scream around the track, vying
desperately for first place, and the sweet sweet sponsorship money that comes with it.

attachment.php

Don't let the music fool you as you enter this mall, it's not a laid back place to spend your money.
Race along both tiers of the concrete behemoth as you skirt between chairs, speed up escalators, and avoid
the cursed sliding glass doors.

attachment.php

Skid precariously across a snowy, slippery mountain as bunker doors grind open before you, revealing an
intricate network of tunnels and structures perfect for racing through.

attachment.php

Witness the spoils of an archaeological dig, and traverse the precarious ruins of an ancient temple. You
might glimpse the secrets of a ruined civilization around the perimeter...

attachment.php

Ever wonder where the countless karts SRB2Kart's practically suicidal racers drive in are made? Look no
further than this labyrinth of conveyor belts, shipping containers, and product placement. Remember to
watch out for the rest of the empty karts you share the factory with!
Map IDs:
MapM0 - Desert Rift Neos
MapM1 - Neon Sands
MapM2 - Suburban Scramble
MapM3 - Cascade Glade
MapM4 - Parking Lot Panic
MapM5 - Metro Madness
MapM6 - Freefall Frenzy
MapM7 - Arena Rush
MapM8 - Final Mall
MapM9 - Blizzard Bunker
MapMA - Dig Site
MapMB - Kart Manufactory
MapMX - Desert Rift
MapMY - Conveyor Conundrum
MapMZ - NEO Test Track
Changelog:
V1:
- Release
V2:
- Added Cascade Glade
- Fixed minor issues in Neon Sands
- De-Glued tunnel shortcut in Neon Sands
- Added an indication of the first turn to Suburban Scramble
- Added a third set of item boxes to Suburban Scramble
V2.1:
- Oops forgot boss waypoints in Cascade Glade (Items should behave normally now)
- Minor tweaks/visual improvements to Cascade Glade
V3:
- Added Parking Lot Panic
V3.1:
- I used V2 as the base for V3 instead of V2.1 so I re-readded the boss waypoints in Cascade Glade
- Added spring sector effects to the invisible fof ramps on the bed in Suburban Scramble
V4:
- Added Metro Madness
- FINALLY fixed the boss waypoints in Cascade Glade (for the last time I swear)
- Visual/Performance updates to Parking Lot Panic
- Made Parking Lot Panic 4 laps instead of 5
V4.1:
- MASSIVE overhaul to Desert Rift, maybe it will actually be nice to look at now.
- Added signage to the bottom route of Neon Sands because apparently people were unaware it even existed
- Removed second segment of the final Neon Sands shortcut as well as added offroad to the final ramp
- Fixed some minor bugs in Metro Madness such as lights with a current and intangible fences
V5:
- Added Freefall Frenzy
V5.1:
- FINALLY fixed the rendering issue in Desert Rift (just before the blue springs)
- Added another set of guide arrows at the beginning of the outdoor section of Metro Madness
- Removed memecut and generally cleaned up Freefall Frenzy
V5.2:
- Changed layout of Metro Madness to hopefully be more readable and forgiving
- Added some more detail/decoration to Metro Madness in barren parts
- Added invisible ramps to the end of the spring jumps in Freefall Frenzy to prevent bonking against the wall for eternity
V6:
- Added Arena Rush
- Added the first Map Hell map, MAPMZ (Not previewed here)
V6.1:
- Fixed some graphical glitches in Parking Lot Panic
- Added more community ads to Arena Rush
- Fixed some spots you could get stuck in Freefall Frenzy
- Updated preview images in release post
- Added Encore Mode support for each map
V6.2:
- Not gonna lie I don't actually remember all the things I fixed in this update
- Removed a giant cut in cascade glade
- Removed the culling plane in Arena Rush (sorry software renderer) due to visibility issues
- Probably some more stuff possibly (maybe)
V7:
- Added Final Mall (Please don't let the joke go to waste)
- Added a small easter egg in Neon Sands
- Fixed waypoint jank in Freefall Frenzy
V7.1:
- Added Encore Mode music for all normal stages
- Added some chao to Final Mall
- Superglued the bottom shortcut in Final Mall to prevent lawnmowering
- Widened the finish line in Parking Lot Panic
- Added guardrails to the uppermost ramp in Parking Lot Panic
V8:
- Added Blizzard Bunker, the 10th map!
- Added smoother and better looking thumbnails courtesy of Super#0122 on discord
V9:
- I accidentally new version
- Fixed some general bugs (Hopefully the really weird faux-linedef in Final Mall is gone for good)
- BIG overhaul to Desert Rift as a preview of what I plan to do to the nine other maps in this pack (Check the encore mode!)
- I'm gonna be honest the biggest reason I changed the version number was so that V10 will be an overhaul of all 10 tracks thus-far.
V10:
- Added an anchored skybox to EVERY map
- Added encore gimmicks to EVERY map
- Overhauled visuals for EVERY map
- Added Dig Site
- Sent Suburban Scramble to hell
- Patch notes are pretty bare because I did most of the work like 4 months ago and then took a break and I'm only now coming back; sorry lol.
V11:
- Fixed Dig Site's map header
- Added Kart Manufactory
- Changed prefix from KL to KRL because pushables are horrible and need lua to fix
- Added a 3D models zip for custom objects in the pack.
V11.1:
- Fixed waypoints in Freefall Frenzy
- Added a sky-ramp after the ruined bridge jump to force people to the ground if soaring too high
- Nerfed shortcut after the finish line
V11.2:
- Fixed Checkpoint issues in NEO Test Track
- Added a new Hell Map
- Fixed 180-degree spiral cheese in Kart Manufactory
- Added a missing barrier in Parking Lot Panic
- Fixed the shortcut cheese in Parking Lot Panic
- Updated Arena Rush with new Community Resources Ads
- Updated Desert Rift with a couple fixes
- Made ALL jumps you would expect to be trickable compatible with the Acrobatics mod
- Refactored PK3 to be more organized
V12:
- Replaced Desert Rift with Desert Rift Neos
- Stopped DIRTY CHEATERS in Freefall Frenzy
- Patched an (admittedly cool as fuck) memecut in Dig Site
V12.1:
- Added back old Desert Rift WHOOPS

Supporters / Co-Authors:

Attachments

• Neon Sands Preview.png
    Neon Sands Preview.png
    22.4 KB · Views: 10,241
  • Cascade Glade Preview.png
    Cascade Glade Preview.png
    29.9 KB · Views: 10,236
  • Parking Lot Panic Preview.png
    Parking Lot Panic Preview.png
    22.9 KB · Views: 10,174
  • Metro Madness Preview.png
    Metro Madness Preview.png
    32.4 KB · Views: 10,114
  • Freefall Frenzy Preview.png
    Freefall Frenzy Preview.png
    30 KB · Views: 10,150
  • Arena Rush Preview.png
    Arena Rush Preview.png
    49.4 KB · Views: 10,152
  • Final Mall Preview.png
    Final Mall Preview.png
    37.3 KB · Views: 9,806
  • Blizzard Bunker Preview.png
    Blizzard Bunker Preview.png
    23.4 KB · Views: 9,081
  • Dig Site Preview.png
    Dig Site Preview.png
    46.4 KB · Views: 5,258
  • Kart Manufactory Preview.png
    Kart Manufactory Preview.png
    49 KB · Views: 5,227
  • Desert Rift Neos Preview.png
    Desert Rift Neos Preview.png
    33.8 KB · Views: 4,555
  • Banner.png
    Banner.png
    138.8 KB · Views: 6,676
  • krl_mupak_v12-1.pk3
    31.4 MB · Views: 1,132
  • µpak 3D Models.zip
    40 KB · Views: 434
Last edited by a moderator:
Surburban scramble is cool, so far I think people might have issue with the first turn since there's no indication. I think the final stretch could use another set of items. I really love the micro theme.

Eerie sands is really well done, I really like the theming and track layout. There are a ton of shortcuts, not sure if that's a good or bad thing but you could probably skip a lot of the level with a single super boost.

Last edited:
Awesome work, surburban scramble is definitely very fluid map now.

I really like the design of cascade glade, my friends got confused around the area right at the top of the waterfall, possibly with no confidence about jumping off. but the area is clearly marked where to go, maybe a ramp shaped rock or two at the top could be nice as a guide. I really love the waterfall jump, can't help but think of a certain other game

Updated to V5

I can't think of anything funny to say this week sorry
Being the only one in the comments is lonely

Quick critiques:
Freefall has an interesting low-gravity gimmick, but the springs don't respond well to speed items, sending you super far out (and I imagine a Grow paired with red drift could straight up send you off the edge). Song is a fitting frantic, but tonally doesn't feel like it matches to me. I want the burp at the start of it as a hornmod.

Parking Lot Panic is a solid enough tech course, but it does feel a little barren. Some unobtrusive cars in the actual parking lot would be a nice addition. There's sand offroad, but none of it really does anything besides act as a buffer in dead ends; maybe use some around a ramp to skip one of the turns? The rooftop jump could do with a boost or zipper pad, I feel.

Desert Rift: I like the track and the song is chill, but it doesn't feel like it quite fits the valley theme, 100% subjective.

suburban panic could use a lot more work in the house to make it look more like a house. paintings, sofas, maybe a car in the garage. the backyard is pretty bare as well

Quick critiques:
Freefall has an interesting low-gravity gimmick, but the springs don't respond well to speed items, sending you super far out (and I imagine a Grow paired with red drift could straight up send you off the edge). Song is a fitting frantic, but tonally doesn't feel like it matches to me. I want the burp at the start of it as a hornmod.

It's funny you say that, because the track was directly inspired by that song. The blue springs I purposefully put in front of angled road pieces and walls so that you COULDN'T just fly off the edge.

Parking Lot Panic is a solid enough tech course, but it does feel a little barren. Some unobtrusive cars in the actual parking lot would be a nice addition. There's sand offroad, but none of it really does anything besides act as a buffer in dead ends; maybe use some around a ramp to skip one of the turns? The rooftop jump could do with a boost or zipper pad, I feel.

While honestly your critiques are very valid, I already drop to 26 fps on my own map, and I seriously don't feel like adding more complexity. Thanks, doom legacy!

Updated to V8!!!

The banner is finally filled, so I've met my goal of creating 10 (in my eyes) high quality SRB2Kart maps after around 3 months of work. I will likely take a small break and then come back and make some larger additions/changes to previous maps I've strayed away from before now.

Eldog man, your maps are really the best maps ever and golden. Thank you for this much effort man!

Updated to V9

Desert Rift got a(nother) huge overhaul this update, look forward to a hopefully similar level of polish on all tracks' encore modes in the next update!

Bumping the thread to show that I'm not dead
V10 is coming along nicely, but I need to finish a couple more maps. Expect it... soon™

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back