Hello! I have a question. I'm new-ish. I've noticed that some mod pages have a bright yellow download button and that's easy enough. However for me certain mod pages, (like this one,) don't have this bright yellow button and I don't see another place to download them. Could anybody help me? Thank you
scroll to attachments, some people haven't updated to have the button. It's at the bottom of the Overview

how can we download the mod
Post automatically merged:

how can i download the mod PLS PLS
PLS
PLS
Jesus, calm down...

Just go to the discussion page on this tab here:
Screenshot 2021-03-10 at 12.29.49 AM.png

The Scroll to Page One's Top....

thank but when i download it how can i add it in the game

Go to discussion and look down to attachments. Click on VCL_ModernSonic-V5.11.pk3 and there you go

helo is anybody there

helllo can somebody answer me

Last edited:

helo is anybody there

helllo can somebody answer me
Put it in the addons folder of the SRB2 directory, I'm assuming you play the android version.

So to get there, download a file manager like ZArchiver on the Google Play Store. You should go to your 'Downloads' folder first, tap on the 'VCL_ModernSonic-v5.11.pk3' and press 'Cut.' After that, go to the android folder, and then the data folder, you should find stjr.srb2.org folder somewhere. If you can't, use the search feature at the top of the app.
Once you're in there paste the file into the addons folder of stjr.srb2.org, you should be ready to go to boot the game.

You then go to the Addons button on the first menu after tapping on the title screen. You then go to the /addons folder in the addons menu (tap up or down on the screen to navigate it), then you select 'VCL_ModernSonic-v5.11.pk3' and press the button with the right facing arrow in the top right.
You then exit the addons menu and select a No Save File, the second you enter character select swipe down once. You should see the character you're looking for.

You should really stop replying three times even once when for help, have patience at the very least.

i am using pc
Then go to your file explorer and the folder that contains the srb2 directory, you then drop in the mod in the addons folder. You go to the addons menu on after you press enter on the title screen, and then select /addons. You then press enter on the 'VCL_ModernSonic-v5.11.pk3,' then you select a no save file and press W once to select Modern Sonic.

Honestly because of this mod i forget what the original 2.1 modern abilites was like but if i remember right it was basically just regular SRB2 sonic with a stomp boost and homing attack
tbh my only gripe with this mod is the lack of quickstep

Honestly because of this mod i forget what the original 2.1 modern abilites was like but if i remember right it was basically just regular SRB2 sonic with a stomp boost and homing attack
tbh my only gripe with this mod is the lack of quickstep
There's a reason quickstep isn't here, that's what strafing is for. SRB2's movement is so precise and controllable that quickstepping isn't a necessity, I don't understand the certain need for that.

There's a reason quickstep isn't here, that's what strafing is for. SRB2's movement is so precise and controllable that quickstepping isn't a necessity, I don't understand the certain need for that.
I mean yeah, sure you could argue that quickstep is a little un necessary in SRB2 because the only reason it exists in unleashed and generations is because sonic controls like a tank but it's still part of the authentic modern experience.

that and also the fact that it's practically instant and doesn't leave any sideways momentum left once used is handy
i might see where you're coming from with the vanilla SRB2 levels but it would be useful for people potentially wanting to make boost formula esque stages in the future

I mean yeah, sure you could argue that quickstep is a little un necessary in SRB2 because the only reason it exists in unleashed and generations is because sonic controls like a tank but it's still part of the authentic modern experience.

that and also the fact that it's practically instant and doesn't leave any sideways momentum left once used is handy
i might see where you're coming from with the vanilla SRB2 levels but it would be useful for people potentially wanting to make boost formula esque stages in the future
While it might be in part with an authentic modern experience, I still don't see a use considering it was gimmicky most of time. The most use it had was M-Speed in Unleashed and Gens, but Colors just actually just made it a gimmick. I still don't understand the concept of having an quick sidestep when all it was used for was "mobile-game endless runner hallways" or boss battles.

I don't see the point in keeping that "sideways momentum" when in SRB2 you can regain it almost instantly. Quickstepping just doesn't seem like a good addition to the mod.

While it might be in part with an authentic modern experience, I still don't see a use considering it was gimmicky most of time. The most use it had was M-Speed in Unleashed and Gens, but Colors just actually just made it a gimmick. I still don't understand the concept of having an quick sidestep when all it was used for was "mobile-game endless runner hallways" or boss battles.

I don't see the point in keeping that "sideways momentum" when in SRB2 you can regain it almost instantly. Quickstepping just doesn't seem like a good addition to the mod.
Couldn't the same argument also be made for something like the Light Speed Dash?
It's not necessary either for the same reason that the quickstep isn't, or at least one of them anyway
SRB2's levels aren't build around it and the Light Speed Dash could definitely be considered gimmicky since it's only practical use outside of crossing pits since SRB2 didn't originally have the light speed dash making that use impossible is gaining quick speed

i respect the fact that you don't wanna add needless gimmicks to the mod though, not like anyone wanted the wisps or werehog with this mod

Couldn't the same argument also be made for something like the Light Speed Dash?
It's not necessary either for the same reason that the quickstep isn't, or at least one of them anyway
SRB2's levels aren't build around it and the Light Speed Dash could definitely be considered gimmicky since it's only practical use outside of crossing pits since SRB2 didn't originally have the light speed dash making that use impossible is gaining quick speed

i respect the fact that you don't wanna add needless gimmicks to the mod though, not like anyone wanted the wisps or werehog with this mod
Actually, you are true on that first sentence to start our next reply off. C2 Really felt like it was not needing the LSD (nyeheheh funny acronym) since the fact it's also noy the best use for ring collection, the boost is basically what does it for you. It would've been good as a Super Transform button only, but if only we could cancel transformation with it too using the same button.

The type of good gimmicks we have in here are:
- Tricking​
- Rush Mode​
- Homing Combos​
....etc. etc.​

Using Tricking and homing combos basically correlate to Rush Mode, they are heavily rewarding and refreshing to a point of being fun for way too long. Rush Mode gives incentives to use both gimmicks optimally for rewarding play. That's how you do gimmicks, they correlate directly to any situation and make higher level play a thing you keep in mind.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back