= Metroid Vanguard = Samus Aran in SRB2 [v1.5c]

= Metroid Vanguard = Samus Aran in SRB2 [v1.5c] v1.5c

So...I played 1 act with it and I LOVED it! But soon as the second act started my game crashed. So I boot up the game again and try loading the mod, but whenever I load Samus it crashes. And this is the error that pops up.

Any idea on how to fix this?

Attachments

• 1623715022100.png
    1623715022100.png
    14.5 KB · Views: 126
I got a wonderful news! 4 years since the remake of Metroid II but but 19 years after an entirely original 2D title, Fusion!

The legendary Metroid Dread is finally back!
Great news indeed. I haven't been this excited for a game in a long time

So...I played 1 act with it and I LOVED it! But soon as the second act started my game crashed. So I boot up the game again and try loading the mod, but whenever I load Samus it crashes. And this is the error that pops up.

Any idea on how to fix this?
It seems you had extra skincolors added when it saved, and it thus attempts to load a color number that no longer exists. SRB2 being the dipshit it is, rather than using the default color in this instance, instead decides to crash.

To fix it, in the SRB2 folder, go to luafiles > client > MetroidVanguard, and delete samuspersonalsettings.dat and firstsetup.dat. You'll have to set up your personal settings again because of this, but your save files and admin settings are still fine.

In the future, try not to use Samus after adding custom skincolors. If I do another update, I'll have a fix for this crash.
That's the weird thing, I'm not using any custom color mods
See the fix above!
Not sure how I feel about dread so far. Just gonna wait for it to drop before I judge it.
Graphically? It's no massive budget game regardless, but the 60FPS and instant area-loading are a rare treat for the usually underpowered Switch, and I'm glad they prioritized smooth gameplay over astounding detail. Plus, I'm hyped seeing the story finally continue!

Holy cow. This Mod is Amazing, Like really, i've have no words to Describe this Absolutely Bogus Xtreme Rampaging HoJo With SEGA Experience. I'm not saying any Spoilers because You really have to try this Mod yourself. Reader. And It's being said by Me. A Person who's new on SRB2 Modding. But i've say that this Mod is just full of Fun, like Real Fun for Real Dudes, The Bosses are For Real Dudes too. It's Final Boss has to be one of the bests Final Bosses ever existing, You'll not find any Final Boss that it's as Frenetic and Adrenalistic as the one of This Mod. Also You'll have to be some Xtreme Coolster Bogus Dude to beat this Final Boss that get HoJo With SEGA. BUT. The sad thing is that i've played with the Placeholder Music because i've loaded Samus.Music.pk3 before SMCL_Samus :,(
Post automatically merged:

Holy cow. This Mod is Amazing, Like really, i've have no words to Describe this Absolutely Bogus Xtreme Rampaging HoJo With SEGA Experience. I'm not saying any Spoilers because You really have to try this Mod yourself. Reader. But i've say that this Mod is just full of Fun, like Real Fun for Real Dudes, The Bosses are For Real Dudes too. It's Final Boss has to be one of the bests Final Bosses ever existing, You'll not find any Final Boss that it's as Frenetic and Adrenalistic as the one of This Mod. Also You'll have to be some Xtreme Coolster Bogus Dude to beat this Final Boss that get HoJo With SEGA. BUT. The sad thing is that i've played with the Placeholder Music because i've loaded Samus.Music.pk3 before SMCL_Samus :,(
I'm sad cuz' i've played with placeholder music and i've didn't got to hear the REAL music you've put into your mod *sobs*
Post automatically merged:

Wait. I've tried Adding SMCL_Samus First than Samus.Music and the music it's the same as the one i've heard before when playing the mod... so i've been hearing the actual mod's music all along, it was the auto-feature thing...

Last edited:
In 2.1 there were alot of netgames where people would join mid-game as 0% Samus and then immediately get a game-over. That's why it's lenient with revives online. I recommend exitlevel if it takes too long.

i saw the reply to my review and i think i misworded myself a bit; what i meant by having to wait for a while was that you had to wait after dying being unable to play until the level ends, i wasnt talking about after finishing the level and waiting for other samus players to finish or run out of revives
i'm fine with having to wait for other players to finish, what i dislike is being stuck as a spectator for 20 minutes unable to play the game because i died too many times

and what i meant by adding an option to turn off the stage revive system was just either giving infinite respawns for samus players or giving them srb2's usual life system (though i'm not sure how that would work since samus gets valuable items from 1up monitors; maybe when stage revives are disabled shooting them would still drop an item, but also rewards an extra life)

Last edited:
When you get any item, it gives you a message in the top left on what it does. You can even check the console if you missed it. The Ammo Digitizer gives you 3x ammo from any ammo pickups. You can spam beam combos on RVZ1's enemy hordes and still get more ammo than you lost.

It's a miracle chance, but you can make it guaranteed if you find out how to lit all 4 lights at the top of your visor.

Did you mash through the first-setup menu? It asked you if Samus should auto-add music. If you go to the SRB2 folder, then into luafiles>client>metroidvanguard and delete firstsetup.dat, you can go through it again and see it for yourself.

This is how you know somebody hasn't really fought the custom bosses or completed a 5% run. :P

-----------------------------

Metroid Vanguard 1.1 is now out! It features quality of life changes, balance adjustments, bugfixes, and an in-level warning in ACZ4 with the option to hide a scene for those sensitive to intense violence!

Changelog and download in the release post!
i never noticed the lights before and i've done that twice so i guess i have to find out how now i did it on the final boss so maybe it has to do with damage or something idk

I finished this last night, loved it. Had some minor criticisms that I wrote down in my review, but yeah, aside from the gory scene being unnessary and could be done just as well without doing that, I do think I have some issues with the story beyond there being too little of it for my tastes.

• The smugger plot isn't fully resolved? Obviously it's implied that Dark Samus was involved, but she couldn't have smuggled a bunch of Metroids to another planet by herself. No more Metroids appear after the first major encounter with them, either, despite the fact that it's implied there's more of them. You could've shown the remains of the smuggling operation having been killed by Dark Samus shortly before her boss fight, at least, that would've ended that plot reasonably satisfactorily.
  • Speaking of the smuggler plot, the start of ADZ1 implies that the smuggler is moving at very high speeds that Samus is bewildered by, implying that her sensors may have locked on to Sonic or something by mistake, since the time of day implies she's accidentally following his trail. Of course, Dark Samus could've hitched a ride on Fang's train, hence why she killed him, but the train is nowhere to be seen in the last act, nor mentioned.
  • There's no dialogue with Eggman. And I'm honestly surprised that he didn't hijack the smuggler plot once Dark Samus was taken out and tried to weaponize the Metroids himself, which would be very much in character for him and would be more than reason enough for Samus to take him down other than "well, my ship is still being repaired, might as well go deal with Eggman since he's obviously trying to conquer the planet". Granted, I love that particular set of dialogue because it feels so right coming from Samus, but having Eggman have Metroids of his own would tie Samus' story and SRB2's main plot together nicely.

Again, I know doing all of this would've been challenging, but my story writer brain can't help but think of what could've been, I suppose.

Hello im quite new to this game and i cant find any help online. how do i instal this mod? then i put the two files in the addon folder, and launch the dedicated metroid vangaurd batch file it just loads the defaut game with metroid music. what am i doing wrong?
Hi! I hear the batch file broke in the newest release because of forgetfulness on my end. When the game starts up, select addons, type "Samus", select the newest Samus version you have in your folder and add that. The music can be added automatically after that, so don't worry about adding that yourself.

Hi! I hear the batch file broke in the newest release because of forgetfulness on my end. When the game starts up, select addons, type "Samus", select the newest Samus version you have in your folder and add that. The music can be added automatically after that, so don't worry about adding that yourself.
the samus addon is active, but nothing happens, it just wont let me play any of the modes saying its unable to do that on a modified game.

the samus addon is active, but nothing happens, it just wont let me play any of the modes saying its unable to do that on a modified game.
Always select "no save" on the SRB2 and then select Samus as the character to play. Samus uses her own save system that completely overrides SRB2's. You'll see it once you load into the stage.

Back