Latias & Latios Pack

[Character] Latias & Latios Pack V3.1

jewelmoon

Latias & Latios, the Eon Duo, join the race!

kart0006.png

LATIAS: Prefix LIAS - Stats: 7,3
LATIOS: Prefix LIOS - Stats: 8,6
--------
They're not in need of karts and instead race through flight! Despite this, they'll still slow down off-road. Probably to play fair.
Being quick in the air is their specialty, so stat-wise, they're both high up on their Max Speed. However Latias has the better handling whereas Latios has more weight.

SFX pulled from Pokemon Heroes, Super Smash Bros. and Pokepark Wii.
---------
These two were my first addons, so for legacy reasons (or maybe you prefer them), the original sprites (V2) are still available. (You don't want V1.)
I have also
released other characters since creating these two.

Special thanks to my friends who helped me bring these two into the game. I now have a better understanding of the process of creating characters for SRB2Kart and sharing them. Thank you! <3

Attachments

• kart0067.gif
    kart0067.gif
    5.3 MB · Views: 95
  • kart0069.gif
    kart0069.gif
    6.3 MB · Views: 147
Last edited:
I had to do a double take on the name because I thought it ment LatPack. Not that that's a problem or anything. Welcome to releases!

I had to do a triple take on the name. First because LatPack, but second because LatiPack is what I might had called my remake of the Aura Remastered Kart Pack.

Also, I'm not entirely too keen on some of the SFX used, some of which I felt broke the immersion (like the two attack and the two hit sounds) - personally, I would have used a combination of the main games SFX, maybe shifted up and down, for some of the sounds, as well as the Smash voice clips you used. And I feel the Gloat would be much better being based on the Mega Evolution voice clips.

And there's actually a clash between the Latios in this pack and the 'Latios' version of my Latius character wad. Not that anyone uses it, but still, I want to bring that up.

Last edited:
I had to do a triple take on the name. First because LatPack, but second because LatiPack is what I might had called my remake of the Aura Remastered Kart Pack.

Also, I'm not entirely too keen on some of the SFX used, some of which I felt broke the immersion (like the two attack and the two hit sounds) - personally, I would have used a combination of the main games SFX, maybe shifted up and down, for some of the sounds, as well as the Smash voice clips you used. And I feel the Gloat would be much better being based on the Mega Evolution voice clips.

And there's actually a clash between the Latios in this pack and the 'Latios' version of my Latius character wad. Not that anyone uses it, but still, I want to bring that up.

Appreciate the criticism, for sfx I used what I could find from RSE and deemed most fitting, I'll take your suggestions under consideration and see if I think something works better.

As for the Latios, I installed your pack and played several races with my pack turned on as well as either one of your packs or the Latios by itself and I didn't get any issues between them so unfortunately I can't do much there, if that's what you meant by a clash?

Well, they share the same skinname (that is, they both have "name = latios") which can cause some conflicts with certain mods.

Also, if you have Discord, I'd suggest contacting me through the Kart Krew server so that I can share a few files I have.

Good taste in favourite Pokemon :^)
Honestly very happy to see them, in such clean spritework too! Good job!

The pack's been updated to V2!
Their SFX has been almost entirely replaced and now is only their voices, taken from Pokemon Heroes, Smash Bros. and Pokepark Wii. This should be better than the mix of Smash voice clips and cries/attack sounds from Pokemon games that it was before. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Hi jewelmoon,

I wanted to let you know the people of No Vote Just Race may have found an issue with this mod.

It seems one of the sound files is named "DSLIASSL.OGG," and is supposed to be "DSLIALSL.OGG" on both Latias and Latios. Whenever these files are called to play, all sounds in everyone's clients are interrupted because no file of the name "LSL" exists, and the sound only picks back up when other sfx are called. So imagine someone like tails using invincibility and is in the middle of his voice line when suddenly - the "LSL" file is called, and he immediately stops talking for no reason (because the LSL file doesn't exist).

I hope you can fix this bug, as it was jarring enough for the admins of NVJR to want to remove these two from their roster, and hopefully it's an easy fix!

P.S. I am a middleman for another user who understands all this and has SLADE installed; I do not.

Hi jewelmoon,

I wanted to let you know the people of No Vote Just Race may have found an issue with this mod.

It seems one of the sound files is named "DSLIASSL.OGG," and is supposed to be "DSLIALSL.OGG" on both Latias and Latios. Whenever these files are called to play, all sounds in everyone's clients are interrupted because no file of the name "LSL" exists, and the sound only picks back up when other sfx are called. So imagine someone like tails using invincibility and is in the middle of his voice line when suddenly - the "LSL" file is called, and he immediately stops talking for no reason (because the LSL file doesn't exist).

I hope you can fix this bug, as it was jarring enough for the admins of NVJR to want to remove these two from their roster, and hopefully it's an easy fix!

P.S. I am a middleman for another user who understands all this and has SLADE installed; I do not.

Well, that's strange... Many people including myself have been playing as these two in a private server for months and have not come across any issue with them.

"LIAS" and "LIOS" are their prefix names so the filenames being "DSLIASSL" and "DSLIOSSL" makes sense to me, as the "SL" is for "slow". The voice clips won't work if the prefix doesn't match. Loading up other character files on SLADE and I'm not seeing any other one have an "LSL" file either. I could very much be glossing over something vital, though.
Sorry for the trouble they may be causing. I'm not the best with these things but I'll look into it and do what I can ^^

Last edited:
Well, that's strange... Many people including myself have been playing as these two in a private server for months and have not come across any issue with them.

"LIAS" and "LIOS" are their prefix names so the filenames being "DSLIASSL" and "DSLIOSSL" makes sense to me, as the "SL" is for "slow". The voice clips won't work if the prefix doesn't match. Loading up other character files on SLADE and I'm not seeing any other one have an "LSL" file either. I could very much be glossing over something vital, though.
Sorry for the trouble they may be causing. I'm not the best with these things but I'll look into it and do what I can ^^

We may have just found it might be another character. The person with SLADE misread labels. You may disregard my previous post.

We may have just found it might be another character. The person with SLADE misread labels. You may disregard my previous post.
Yeah, I couldn't find any issues on my part, feels like it's something else unrelated to this mod. Hope you guys manage to fix the issue in the server!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back