Jewel's Character Pack [V6] (NEW: Squid Sisters + Rusty Rose)

[Character] Jewel's Character Pack [V6] (NEW: Squid Sisters + Rusty Rose) V6

jewelmoon

kart characters art full text bg.png

character pack v3.png

A pack of all characters I've completed and am happy to share!
No theme, no plans, just what I was feelin' like.

Currently, there are 10 characters within this pack:
LATIAS (Pokémon) [V3]
A lighthearted legendary of the Hoenn region, Latias is swift and light in the air making for good, quick turns at the cost of acceleration.
Sounds taken from Pokemon Heroes, Super Smash Bros., and PokePark Wii.

LATIOS (Pokémon) [V3]
A fellow kindhearted legendary and the companion to Latias. He bears a tad more speed and more weight, so he won't be taking bonks from others as harshly.
Sounds taken from Pokemon Heroes, Super Smash Bros., and PokePark Wii.

DAWN & PIPLUP (Pokémon) [V1]
The anime iteration of Dawn (or maybe you call her Hikari?) is taking a break from contests to do some racing. But she couldn't leave her partner Piplup out of the fun!
Sounds taken from the Pokemon anime (Diamond and Pearl series, Best Wishes, and Master Journeys).

RETRO PIKACHU (Pokémon) [V1]
Inspired by Pokemon GSC and Yellow, here arrives a Pikachu that's a bit more classic in its appearance!
Play around with the colours to get some Game Boy looks out of this fella.
Sounds taken from Hey You, Pikachu! and Super Smash Bros. 64.

MEPHILES THE DARK (Sonic '06) [V1]
Mephiles has risen and taken his crystalline physical form to... join in races? As an embodiment of darkness, his weakness is (being) light but his speed can overturn any race.
Sounds are taken from Sonic '06.

JEWEL THE BEETLE (Sonic IDW Comics) [V1]
Tangle's best friend is here to see the commotion around kart racing. Going at a leisurely pace she has handling and acceleration in priority!
Sounds are Colette from Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World.

PIT (Kid Icarus: Uprising) [V2]
Hailing from Skyworld comes Pit, whose nearly all-round in stats and all-round having a good time!
His wings' colour stays white to be a visual indicator it's a Pit and not a Dark Pit on the tracks.
Sounds taken from Kid Icarus: Uprising and Super Smash Bros.

DARK PIT (Kid Icarus: Uprising) [V2.1]
A carbon copy of Pit, he holds the same stats but a different attitude, and probably does not actually want to be in that kart...
Likewise with Pit, his wings do not change colour.
Sounds taken from Kid Icarus: Uprising and Super Smash Bros.

TOON LINK (Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker) [V2]
The young, cartoonish version of Link is here to race! He's on the lighter side, but he makes for good, sharper turning.
Sounds taken from Super Smash Bros. and Wind Waker.

BALAN (Balan Wonderworld) [V1]
Maestro and guide of the Wonderworld, Balan comes with a little bit of everything so he can put on a good show!
Sounds are taken from Balan Wonderworld.

Feedback is appreciated and I try to take in any criticisms or suggestions about the characters here.

A special thanks to my friends who are willing to help and input with tests, and assisting on collecting sounds and for guiding me when I first started.

Last edited:
Updated to V2 with a new character being Toon Link!
Latias and Latios have also had minor sprite updates and new minimap sprites.

I recommand to add a version on each of your individual character file. I just added the duo pokémon in my server, and some poeple still have the old version (which as the same name), causing them to manually delete them if they want to join the server.

So something is wrong with V3 and that's Dark Pit not having any voice lines being played.
I just tested a few times and it seems to be Pit instead, unless there is another error I didnt catch?
Either way, I'll have Pit fixed in the pack as soon as I can. Thank you for letting me know!

Last edited:
jewelmoon updated Jewel's Character Pack [V5] (NEW: Mephiles + Jewel the Beetle) with a new update entry:

V6: Callie + Marie (Squid Sisters) + Rusty Rose

New Character(s):
  • Callie
  • Marie
  • Rusty Rose
(As Sonic Prime is an ongoing show, Rusty Rose's SFX are limited and include minor SFX. She will likely receive quality updates in the future, but I'd still like her released for now!)

Updates:
Latias
-Many audio clips readjusted in volume
-Minor sprite tweaks

Latios
-Many audio clips readjusted in volume
-Drift vibration fixed
-Minor sprite tweaks

Retro Pikachu...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello! Just wanted to mention I love each and every character on this pack! But also just wanted to inform you that it seems Rusty Rose has some broken audio lines that happen whenever she's passing someone, or sometimes even boosting. It tries to play audio, but instead just causes audio all together to get a bit crunchy for those brief moments whenever passing someone, or sometimes boosting. Just wanted to bring this to attention was all.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back