I accendently dropped my Gameboy advance SP into water...

Status
Not open for further replies.
What should I do? Get a new one or get my SP repaired.

The sound dosent work. Plus when I do try to play it, it goes off sometimes and pops back on which means I have to start the game over.

If it's still under warranty, it'd be better to get it repaired by Nintendo. They have good customer service, or so I hear.

I dropped my VMU in the toilet once (no, it was already flushed) so I let it drain out from the open piece which would be the connector.

...about 4 days I let it dry out and it worked again.

I'd say, leave it drain upside down for a week... no batteries or cartredge in it.

Turbos is right. The best solution is to just leave it alone. Give it a week or so, and try it again.

If that doesn't work, if it's still under warranty, get them to fix it.

If it's not under warranty, getting a new one is the only other option.

Mystic said:
Turbos is right. The best solution is to just leave it alone. Give it a week or so, and try it again.

If that doesn't work, if it's still under warranty, get them to fix it.

If it's not under warranty, getting a new one is the only other option.

I already did what Turbos said. The batteries wont come out.(It has rechargable batteries and the screw on the battery cover is very tiny. And I dont have a screwdriver for those types of screws.) I got it for Christmas. Plus the package didnt come with an Instruction manual for the SP. Or any warranty.

It should come with a warranty. Even if it doesn't, actually, I recall Nintendo still repairing NES units for a fee, so I'd assume GBA SP is much more economic for them to repair.

sw2k, leaving an object in the sun when it's wet inside isn't going to help much. This is just a "time" issue.

actually Mystic, it worked for me when that happened to me, it short-circuited after water got in to it, and I left it out in the sun for a few hours, and it worked again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back