HugeQuest Alter Code: F

HugeQuest Alter Code: F V1.12

RetroStation updated HugeQuest with a new update entry:

File Separation

Seems like users have still been getting the nil warning regarding Awards, so that will now be separated from the mod, and going forward, any updates to HugeQuest will be in both bundled and standalone forms. If you aren't using the custom intermission scoreboard, download the standalone version. If you are using the custom scoreboard but either aren't using HugeQuest, or are and also want the Awards, download the Awards script or bundled version respectively. Feel free to ping me...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Update - Lisa

Small update; mostly moving the Awards to Kart VS Rating so bundled and standalone versions are no longer necessary. No more nil messages related to awards now!

- Awards have migrated to Kart VS Rating.

- Minor revision to how Grow+ interacts with Hitfeed; squishing players with Grow+ should now consistently display messages.

- hq_orbigift removed; was mostly there for testing purposes and showing people how Grow+ interacts with...

I want to thank you very much for creating this wonderful addon. I was primary planning to use this for the "Terrain Immunity" tag that got implemented for invincibility since I find it a very useful indication for new users, as well as experienced users, to know when their immunity ends. This is also very useful because I have a different addon that provides different themes for invincible.

Would it be possible to implement this tag also for the more obscure Hyudoro's terrain immunity? Hyudoro offers the same Terrain Immunity that even fewer users know about, but the addon fails to let the user know they are now immune when this item is in effect. Would be cool if it could use the same indicator as invincibility does!

EDIT: Furthermore, would it be possible for the "Eggbomb exploit fix" to have a toggle as well? While it's a logical gameplay fix, it is at the end of the day a gameplay modification, thus not everyone may want to have it enabled in favour of vanilla behaviour, especially ones that just wants the QOL display enabled for invincibility.

Last edited:

Update - Mona

Massive balance changes for Grow and Invincibility, including a mechanic unique to the InvinciGrow combination: Super Form!

Universal Balance Changes:
- Both Grow and Invincibility now operate on a dynamic timer, decaying faster in larger rooms as you move into better positions. Don't even think about smuggling Grow into 1st place lmao
- Grow/Invincibility activations now start a chain for their respective item where the second activation will extend the timer normally, but...

Looking at the Super Glow color picker, I wonder if it'd be possible to set default (dynamic) supercolors for different characters/skins through a text file in the luafiles folder? That way, if you like playing different characters but don't set a preferred supercolor, you get a predetermined, specific supercolor depending on the character without everyone being forced to use Gold.

I think one way it could be done would be putting the skin's name and then the supercolor's number, and then under it would be every other skin and supercolor combination you desire. So in these instances "metal 8" and "mighty 2" would give Metal Sonic "Copper/Bronze" and Mighty "Red" for their Supercolors.

Last edited:

Update - Nora

Interop, QoL, accessibility, and fun custom stuff!

- Code revised to interact with Chaos Drives. Grow+ and Invincibility+ may react to the Chaos Drives in your possession and trigger Super Form on use. Probability scales with the number of Drives you have, capping at 40% with Max Drives.

View attachment 82128

- Super Flash now triggers on Super Form end as well, but is also a client-side CVar...

Post automatically merged:

Looking at the Super Glow color picker, I wonder if it'd be possible to set default (dynamic) supercolors for different characters/skins through a text file in the luafiles folder? That way, if you like playing different characters but don't set a preferred supercolor, you get a predetermined, specific supercolor depending on the character without everyone being forced to use Gold.

I think one way it could be done would be putting the skin's name and then the supercolor's number, and then under it would be every other skin and supercolor combination you desire. So in these instances "metal 8" and "mighty 2" would give Metal Sonic "Copper/Bronze" and Mighty "Red" for their Supercolors.
I somehow missed this message until I was partway through writing today's update and decided to move Metal to Bronze - Mighty was already in the Red category. As far as clientside dynamic colors, it's not something I'm iterating on at the moment - Transformation.lua offers servers a way to assign colors to characters not listed in HugeQuest.

whats the halfpipe level in one of the gifs?
It was on a friend's private server, but the map name escapes me at the moment lol

Last edited:

Final Update - Onihime

I've pushed HugeQuest to its limits with this latest update and now consider it complete. Lots of changes since Nora so grab a snack.

- Wallbonk penalty removed.

- Invincibility visuals now more distinct, inspired by Sonic Rush Adventure.

- Grow/Invincibility timers reverted to default (Vanilla) values.

- Grow now has 150% accel boost.

- Super will revert you to 1x scale, while providing an 80% top speed boost (100% during sneaker state).

- Super can roll up to two Sneakers, to...

I love this so much purely for the addition of Super Forms. Though I want extra chaos to my races, so I was wondering if an alternate way to turn Super could be implemented as a toggleable option? Maybe have it be a standard powerup you can get in the roulette (Probably having an S Monitor symbol on it) - it's because the odds of getting Grow and Invincibility are too small and honestly, I get a huge dopamine hit whenever I start chaining and extending my Super time

Onihime hotfix 3

"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in."

- Fixed an oversight re: ShouldSquish hook; fixes edge cases where you'd be squished by other Grow players if you didn't hit full Grow scale yet.
- Revised damage hooks to prevent edge cases which would return an error regarding mo being nil.
- Vanilla Grow can now benefit from hq_offroad.

Hello, I am a long time user of your mod and I really like what you did to Grow in srb2k (although star needs a buff now since I also use hard sneaker x_x). Unfortunately, the latest update broke your mod in my server. I tried running a vanilla srb with only HugeQuest loaded but it still isnt working. I use the Srb2k Galaxy v1.1 exe and it worked for the nora version of HugeQuest just fine. Here's a picture that shows the error I receive when I try to use a Grow. It revert back to a vanilla Grow even tho Grow+ is active (I checked). I created an account just to contact you lol. Any help would be very appreciated it kinda sucks being stuck in the old version of this and I dont know any other way to contact you.

Attachments

• HugeQuestError.png
    HugeQuestError.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 70

Final FINAL Update - Pierre

I legit thought I was done, but a bunch of stuff happened within the last week or so, and I felt the need to push an update that offers as complete of an experience as possible out of the box.

- Restructured HugeQuest code and divided it into several smaller scripts, improving readability for modders looking to alter specific mechanics/functions. Most mechanics now tied to PlayerThink hooks.

- Userdata now formatted into a table. Modders: Please update your HugeQuest...

I think there's a problem with dynamic timer and the acrobatics addon, where if you do a trick with acrobatics on "burst" setting, then release a burst, the dynamic timer will increment the time left for sneakers, allowing you to chain bursts infinitely.

I could provide a gif of this in action later

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back