HorizonChars

HorizonChars v1.1.1 - Sharper & Slicker

Dear people who think the heaviness is a nerf:
srb20072.gif

forget i said anything

honestly the heavy weight mechanic 1. just makes sense and 2. makes the character feel more unique than it already does, which is certainly saying something about the uniqueness of the character
anyway, with that, here are my general thoughts on the character:
i like milne a lot, she has a very instinctive playstyle, which somehow fits in a game like srb2 which sometimes requires you to plan your moves ahead so you don't get screwed over by the thok or the spin, or even an unlucky bounce. i also really like milne's crystal toss ability, which is a great projectile, but honestly could go a bit faster? i've often found myself missing shots bc they were barely too slow, but otherwise are a pretty good projectile, even if i didn't find myself using them all of the time.
star of the show though is the double thok, this is just great to use, it adds a bit more mobility to a heavy character and also an offensive melee move, which is pretty neat.
the other abilities (passive or just very case sensitive) are just okay in my opinion. the ability to run through spikes is nice, though i have only found it useful in the metal sonic race, since other than that the areas in which i should be using it i either forget or just can't get enough speed. though i will say it's nice that it applies to the thok as well. the enemy throwing...in theory it's good, and when you get to actually pick up and throw them, it's cool, but the activation box is just way too small for it to be useful, even when i'm using the milne and fang combo. in that situation i just end up giving fang a shield several times over.

other than my criticisms, it's a great character, a delight to play as for the most part, a solid 7.5/10

milne always been good but now because of her heavy aspect i became worst as her*R E A L Y W O R S T*

Since I'm still working on v2, and it'll probably take a while, ..and it's also been a month since her last update, here's a short gif from the new Fractured Reverie Zone!
srb20929.gif

Last edited:
v1.3 is now out!
- Removed the weight mechanic that totally never existed so we actually got rid of nothing hee hee hoo hoo
- Added an effect when you use the Crystal Toss
- New sound for when you hit an enemy with the Crystal Toss
- Milne can now lift monitors
- Added a sprite for failing tricks in XMomentum.
- Twister Thok tweaks

the heavy update was never real
srb21040.gif

Now she and Skip are the ultimate team, with he creating monitors and she carrying them to places where they could be useful

Heavy Update?
what is that lol.
(btw, Amazing to see another update of this awesome character.)

Here's an idea: Milne + crystal shield (that she gives to herself by pressing a button) = becoming heavy, and by crashing into the ground the shield breaks.
Maybe even make falling to the ground optional, the same way she gives herself the crystal shield.

Here's an idea: Milne + crystal shield (that she gives to herself by pressing a button) = becoming heavy, and by crashing into the ground the shield breaks.
Maybe even make falling to the ground optional, the same way she gives herself the crystal shield.
She was originally going to be able to give herself the Crystal Shield, but it was considered too OP because you could just never die by putting it on you every time you got hit.

something tells me i was literally the only person who ever liked the heavyweight mechanic
anyway, new milne's cool, not much to really report on lol, i like the xmomentum sprite addition, that's a nice touch.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back