• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SonicHeroX45's Development Thread

SonicHeroX45

Lucas the Tiger
This is a rather simple project I'm working on, and my first true endeavor into SRB2 modding! First few things here are the first and second builds. These are the Halloween Demo and the All Saints Day Hotfix. The Halloween Demo was the first proper release, containing 15 Acts, ports of the original Halloween and Christmas levels by Sonic Team Jr. These also contain Record Attack emblems for Score, Time, and Rings for most acts, with the exception of the Boss Levels and Sonic's Nightmare, which only have Score and Time. There were 42 Emblems in total, if I remember correctly. Plenty of secrets and ear scraping MP3s too!
Post automatically merged:

This is the All Saints Day Hotfix. There were numerous bugs and glitches that were fixed with this build. The most notable change however is the removal of the ear scraping MP3s being changed to much more acceptable OGGs.

This is the PreXmas Fixes build. This mainly reimplemented the Ice Physics and fixed Secret Exits that broke during the initial level ports. These were seen as "Essential Fixes" that had to be addressed before the new content was started. I also no longer based releases on upcoming holidays so I could focus on making the new content as quality as possible and release it in waves over no specific timeframe.

Enjoy these builds. They might be the last for a while, as I stated earlier. I am starting midterms and will have no real time to work on this. This is NOT discontinued, just put on the back burner for a bit if you will. See ya later.

Last edited:
Wait, so are these playable? I'm gonna check the links out anyway, and they probably are playable, but I'm just asking for clarification. Cuz I'm never sure about a lot of things. :')

This is going in a different direction than SRB2 the Past is as my mod doesn't have support for record mode emblems.

not to mention with a name like Holiday Heroes, new levels for other holidays can be created too if the op wanted.

Would you all like an update on how the mod is coming along?

Let's just say, I hope you liked the NiGHTS levels.

Oh boy! A little more than a week left before Christmas Eve! I might actually be able to release the next build by Christmas Day. I didn't think It was possible with all the stress from midterms. I also accomplished a lot of things yesterday, more on that later. I think what most people are looking forward to is the new content, and believe me, it's certainly coming. First major thing from yesterday, I made certain maps that were not multiplayer compatible well, multiplayer compatible. Second major thing, I redid some sections of the original Halloween and Christmas maps to better suit the new physics from 2.2, as well as cleaning up pointless or unused sectors. If you have played mods like The Past 2.1 or "Hazzy's" Christmas 2.2 Port, you know what I'm talking about. Last major thing from yesterday, the new content! There is now a simple but sweet hub that you will be able to travel to different parts of the mod from, like the Halloween and Christmas Chapters. Another thing, I stated in my last post, "I hoped you liked the NiGHTS levels." That wasn't a tease. Introducing Holiday NiGHTS! This is a sub-game/ special chapter where you play levels inspired by NiGHTS into Dreams! Each level of Holiday NiGHTS will be split into two "MAPs", Nightopia and Nightmare. Nightopia is a 4-Mare Course complete with a festive 3D environment, while Nightmare is a NiGHTS-style boss fight! There will be one of these for each main chapter in Holiday Heroes! Currently, only the Christmas Nightopia: Sparkling Summit is complete. I'll be working on the Christmas Nightmare today, as well as more main level edits for 2.2's new physics. The Halloween Nightopia and Nightmare is still in the conceptual stage. If all goes well, it should be finished at around New Year's. I might save it for Halloween next year though. Looking forward to getting this Xmas Demo out to you all! Happy Holidays, and I hope to talk to you all soon!

Last edited:
The idea was cool, but the levels here are just ports instead of remasters now.
What do you think about remastering these levels?

Last edited:
I feel a remaster is taking something and adding to it, whether it be fixing up physics or redoing level segments. Plenty of new content is also planned. Everything up to "PreXmas" was more of a beta, just getting the original levels to work like they were intended. Starting with the Xmas Demo, I plan on doing the extra remaster stuff.

Oh boy! I'm gonna hit the bed for tonight! After dealing with a critical bug that almost ruined all the work on the Xmas Demo, as well as working a ton on the new and preexisting content, I can safely say that the Xmas Demo is in the production homestretch!

Lol, I don't feel like going to bed. Anyways, should I try for 1 Million? (Totally not a sneak peak at Holiday NiGHTS)

Attachments

• fca91248-6849-47dc-a56e-5e46491b7f09.jpg
    fca91248-6849-47dc-a56e-5e46491b7f09.jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Oh boy! I'm gonna hit the bed for tonight! After dealing with a critical bug that almost ruined all the work on the Xmas Demo, as well as working a ton on the new and preexisting content, I can safely say that the Xmas Demo is in the production homestretch!

Lol, I don't feel like going to bed. Anyways, should I try for 1 Million? (Totally not a sneak peak at Holiday NiGHTS)
Congratulations for teasing us Sparkling Summit Zone

Well, everything I have originally wanted to do for the Xmas Demo is almost complete! All that's left is the Hub. Gonna try to put some extra polish on some very small things as well. See you again soon!

The Holiday Heroes Xmas Demo is now done. Are you ready?

Last edited:
This here is the Holiday Hub. This is where you will select the Story you want to play through! Go to the Graveyard for Halloween, the Ideya Palace for Holiday NiGHTS, or the Snowy Hill for Christmas! The music here is actually the Main Menu Theme for the Sonic Robo Blast remake!
srb20017.png

You may notice these empty green platforms. I currently have 7 planned Stories, but only Christmas, Halloween, and NiGHTS have playable levels in the Xmas Demo! (Do you see that shiny light in the center?)
Something interesting might happen there if you have the emeralds soon... =)

Last edited:
Happy Early Holidays!!! This is the Holiday Heroes Xmas Demo! This is a BIG one. First, the new Holiday Hub has been added. Second, Holiday NiGHTS now has the full first stage complete! Complete all 4 Mares in Sparkling Summit, then take on the Boss as NiGHTS in Subzero Scuffle! Third, Several Stages have new or revamped sections, most notably, Egg Base's left path is no longer hell. Speaking of, Egg Base and a few other stages are now multiplayer compatible! Lastly, visual errors and other bugs and glitches have been resolved, in cutscenes and in levels! I can't give a clear date on when the next demo will come out, but I will be focusing on multiplayer for the next one. This includes new Halloween and Christmas themed Match, CTF, and Race maps! I am going on vacation to see friends and family for the holidays, and I wanted to make sure this was actually released by then. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back