Geothermal Fortress V1.2.0.2

[MP Level] Geothermal Fortress V1.2.0.2

JEFFERoW2

Well... I'm not that much of a forum user even though I've been around the internet for a long time. Anyway I want to present my latest creation for SRB2Kart....

GEOTHERMAL FORTRESS
MAPWO

kart0046.jpg kart0036.gif
LAPS: 3
Traverse the walls of this lava filled fortress! Beware of the gravity defying, spike swinging "Eggcano...."

Changlog:
1.0 - Initial Release. (Keeping it here for archival purposes.)
1.1 - Did a lot of visual changes, Meme Cut removed, Springs are wider, and Mini map change.
1.2 - Now supports Daytona Mod, Fixed a lot of things, and its sent to map hell..
1.2.0.1 - Hotfix: I forgot to add the .lua codes for Daytona Kart. Now is fixed!
1.2.0.2 - Hidden tag removed. No more map hell for now...

Shout outs to the MVPs Ghost and Star for giving me some advice.

MUSIC CREDITS:
Stunt Race FX - Ravines (Remastered using FL Studio)

Attachments

• KR_Geothemal_Fortress_V1.0.pk3
    1.5 MB · Views: 286
  • KR_Geothemal_Fortress_V1.1.pk3
    1.5 MB · Views: 415
  • KR_Geothemal_Fortress_V1.2(Hell Map).pk3
    1.5 MB · Views: 190
  • KR_Geothemal_Fortress_V1.2.0.1Hell Map.pk3
    1.5 MB · Views: 185
  • KR_Geothemal_Fortress_V1.2.0.2.pk3
    1.5 MB · Views: 459
Last edited:
Seeing you post on discord reminded me I wanted to leave some feedback for this :P
I do like this map, but there are some things that stick out to me.

- The first shortcut (gif provided!) can easily be done without sneakers. I'm pretty confident it can be done with a blue drift-boost, so there's not much need to take the proper route round.
- Spring pad vs. sneaker panel section: The spring pads seem like an all-round better choice so i'm not sure why anyone would take the longer route. Maybe if some of the initial spring-pad islands were removed it could be a shortcut that requires a red-boost/sneaker to reach?
- Eggcano, to me feels more like scenery than a hazard - i'm not sure i've actually been hit by it yet. If you did want it to pose more of a threat I think you'd need to lower the spikeballs a bit and make them cover the track a bit more.
- There are a LOT of item boxes, 5 groups of them iirc so you can get a new items pretty much every 6 seconds. I think Kart Krew recommend spacing them out 15-20 seconds apart (with sonic on normal speed), so 2, maybe 3 groups of item boxes would be more in-line with a lot of maps.

I was gonna mention some visual tweaks but it seems you're already working on that, I look forward to seeing what this map's next version is like!

Attachments

• kart0029.gif
    5.3 MB · Views: 250
Seeing you post on discord reminded me I wanted to leave some feedback for this :P
I do like this map, but there are some things that stick out to me.

- The first shortcut (gif provided!) can easily be done without sneakers. I'm pretty confident it can be done with a blue drift-boost, so there's not much need to take the proper route round.
- Spring pad vs. sneaker panel section: The spring pads seem like an all-round better choice so i'm not sure why anyone would take the longer route. Maybe if some of the initial spring-pad islands were removed it could be a shortcut that requires a red-boost/sneaker to reach?
- Eggcano, to me feels more like scenery than a hazard - i'm not sure i've actually been hit by it yet. If you did want it to pose more of a threat I think you'd need to lower the spikeballs a bit and make them cover the track a bit more.
- There are a LOT of item boxes, 5 groups of them iirc so you can get a new items pretty much every 6 seconds. I think Kart Krew recommend spacing them out 15-20 seconds apart (with sonic on normal speed), so 2, maybe 3 groups of item boxes would be more in-line with a lot of maps.

I was gonna mention some visual tweaks but it seems you're already working on that, I look forward to seeing what this map's next version is like!

So far. The first cut is now super glued, the spring section now has two pads instead of five pads, now there's three item box sets, the Eggcano now has a spring to bounce off of with a huge risk of hitting the spike balls, and a skybox.
The next thing I'm gonna do is refine the checkpoints and vertex some areas.

This map was made before Seven's tutorials and doing the stair turn method. At least its getting better as time goes on. Thanks for the feed back. :)

I think I'll remake this track. I'm slow when it comes to updating. So beta 1.2 will be the final before the pack release.

Well, it's not going to help that your V1.2, which claims to support DaytonaKart, actually doesn't fully support it due to it missing stuff in its mapheader. Namely, the LUA.arcadetime and LUA.arcadebonus variables which a map with fill DaytonaKart support would normally have.

Well, it's not going to help that your V1.2, which claims to support DaytonaKart, actually doesn't fully support it due to it missing stuff in its mapheader. Namely, the LUA.arcadetime and LUA.arcadebonus variables which a map with fill DaytonaKart support would normally have.
OOF. I forgot to update the SOC.... My bad... I do have the codes in the .wad version.

Hotfix coming right up!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back