Draft Tracks V4.1: Small Tiny Tweaks

Draft Tracks V4.1: Small Tiny Tweaks 4.1

Udgey

Udgey submitted a new resource:

Draft Tracks V1 - Featuring maps you probably don't know (maybe)

View attachment 55670
Draft Tracks is a yet to be expanded map pack project i've been planning out for a while. Currently planned to have at least 4 to 5 maps, this release contains the first of the few which i've worked on for months.
===​

View attachment 55672

MAPLQ - House Of The Undying

Formerly, an abandoned fortress to trap unfortunate adventurers forever. However the spirits found it boring after...​

Read more about this resource...

Udgey updated Draft Tracks V2 : A Funky Update with a new update entry:

V2 : A Funky Update

GENERAL CHANGE
- Added JugadorXEI's Zipper storage script
it litterally just plays better with than without

HOUSE OF THE UNDYING
- Moved back the third item set a bit
You couldn't get an item before the second cut without mashing, this should allow you to roll an item (without mashing) just before the you enter the cut. I hope you know your item odds.

- Removed the spring sectors at the second cut area in...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Udgey updated Draft Tracks V2 : A Funky Update with a new update entry:

V3 : Kodachromatic Chills

HOUSE OF THE UNDYING
- Gap between the road and the second cut is now bridged
Okay so the jump was cool and all, but i often saw people misread it as needing to use the shoe to make the gap instead of using it while in offroad, so now theres a bridge.

FUNKY FORTRESS
- Slight visual tweak at the end of the split path section
The visual language made players assume that the transition between the split path section and the...

Snowy Speedpeaks has a conveyance problem. The direction this path leads after a lap will send you directly into the shortcut, or worse, into offroad and yellow springs, and will waste a lot of time.
kart0014.png

kart0015.png

It really feels like this wooden bridge should lead directly into the snow path, or the stacking panels should be removed to give players a moment to see and change their direction. In netgames there's been times where I kept drifting into the right and then dunked myself into the shortcut or the springs, which wastes a lot of time because players can get a lot of escape velocity in this map.

Otherwise though, all of these maps are good, so keep up the good work.

Udgey updated Draft Tracks V3 : Kodachromatic Chills with a new update entry:

V3.1: Amp'd Up Funk

FUNKY FORTRESS
- Reworked the second spiral section entirely
Over time i started to dislike that section for multiple reasons: it felt tacked on, it felt like it messed with the pacing of the map and it just wasn't interesting. I've reworked the entire section into something i'm happier with, adding more variety and an extra shortcut for some much needed catch up. Speaking of shortcuts...

- Reworked / buffed the second shortcut
The most you could get out of...

This is a very nice update and I quite love the new Funky Fortress.
Although one minor critique is the fact that the music is quite loud in Funky Fortress and Snowy Speedpeaks, most noticeable in the first one.
But yeah, besides that everything else looks fantastic and plays smoothly!

I absolutely loved it! especially the "Funky Fortress" zone if not what is the name of the music? because I look for it everywhere and I find it nowhere

Udgey updated Draft Tracks V3.1: Amp'd Up Funk with a new update entry:

V4: Blaring Sirens and Buried Secrets

KODACHROME PALACE
- First set of wall springs tweaked, last set reworked
Throughout the many matches i've seen on this, almost no one ever went for these because they were inconsistent or too commital for little reward, the first set has been redesigned to expect players drifting into it since this was the way almost everyone was taking them, as well as getting an item from them more consistent; and the last set is now a little less commital for more dangerous items...

Since i didnt see a report for it yet.
The Zipper Lua actually doesent disable outside of this packs maps.
means adding this pack changes the behaviour of zippers in general, on every map that contains them.

Udgey updated Draft Tracks V4: Blaring Sirens and Buried Secrets with a new update entry:

V4.1: Small Tiny Tweaks

KODACHROME PALACE
- First set of wall springs tweaked again
This is as much as i can do to make them as consistent as i can possibly make them. There's only so many ways that i can expect players to engage with this set, so unless i can think of a better way to fix it, this is as good as its gonna get. Oh yea and the bananas are double orbis now because who the hell even went for these?

WAR

- Fixed a missing death plane (thank you funny combi moment...

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back