• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Devin (SanikChars) WIP Thread (On a L O N G hold)

SanikSpeedyBoi

Sonic 2 Game Gear had a weird fucking ending.
So this is my first mod, and I can't barely do anything but make sprites, since mobile noises but if you wanna help, and give feedback, DM me on Discord I guess.. Not begging, I just know I can't do this alone. :threat:
Post automatically merged:

Oh yeah and here's this
Took a day to make this

Attachments

• Untitled130_20220911182809.png
    Untitled130_20220911182809.png
    92.2 KB · Views: 86
  • export202210221209498440.png
    export202210221209498440.png
    19 KB · Views: 78
You know you can also do lua on a phone right? Anyway, looks neat. There are also ways to run slade on a phone with android via exagear.

You know you can also do lua on a phone right? Anyway, looks neat. There are also ways to run slade on a phone with android via exagear.
Oh hey first reply :D
But either way, my phone storage denies me from having Exagear, so uh, yeah I'm gonna need help on dis

Oh yeah and like I said, if you have feedback or want to help, my Discord is @🎮Speedboi🎮#3251

Oh yeah and I might as well describe the moveset.

Ability 1: Float
(Literally just Metal's float)

Ability 2: Skyward Boost
When floating, press custom 1 to get a relative height boost. You can still float after this.

Ability 3: Trident Zoom
Press Custom 1 to use a Jana-Like dash that can actually bust open badniks.

That's it :)

So its been about 2 weeks. I'm still working on the front facing stnda sprite, and other than that, nothing else has been happening except me having to put up with drama in threads I follow. It's not canceled tho, don't worry you 2.

Alright it's been a hot minute. This might be a stretch but it's not canceled, it's just on a slight pause until I can find out what to do in terms of sprites. It's basically a Tyson Hesse Sonic situation where I can't decide whether to go with handdrawn or actual sprites.

So yeah, thats going on

and I still need help with code ._."

However, on the good side of things, I made new CSS art!

Attachments

• Untitled192_20230224193425.png
    Untitled192_20230224193425.png
    377.4 KB · Views: 42
I'd go with sprites since this game is super pixel-y anyway.
If you do hand-drawn and convert it to the small size it's got to be to be used ingame, I'd recommend editing it a bit afterwards. Sometimes scaling something down makes it look a bit smudgy and a little after edit helps on that.
Good luck and have fun with your project!

Alright, here's the first attempt at hand drawing it. And thanks for the advice

Attachments

• Untitled207_20230326004412.png
    Untitled207_20230326004412.png
    104.5 KB · Views: 50
So this probably isn't going to be active for a long while, since I'm working on another mod of mine at the current moment. It isn't canceled, but it won't be back for a while. Sorry for the news.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back